“Stayed in 2000”

Victoria Hotel
Ranked #67 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
“Stayed in 2000”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in 2000, feels like it wasn't that long ago... I thought it was a great hotel but all the reviews tell me it went downhill?!!? A shame... Perfect location for clubbers as was on the strip.

• Stayed August 2013

Business
N Ireland
Reviewed 26 August 2008

The hotel appears to have been recently refurbished. Our room was clean, spacious with flat screen TV and fridge. These are the only positives I can give about our 'Majestic' experience.

We paid £500 each for 1 week all-inclusive in a 4 star hotel, inclusive of spa facilities, or at least that is what we were led to believe. In reality it was 3 star accommodation that did not include the gym / indoor pool within the price. We've stayed in 4 star all-inclusive hotels in both Cyprus and Turkey, but unfortunately the Majestic fell way short of either of these hotels.

On arrival we had to pay an extra €50 at reception (€35 for air conditioning and €15 for a safety deposit box - non returnable). These are general facilities provided by 4 star accommodation. The indoor pool / spa / gym facilities look good. Unfortunately they charge guests €20 / day each for entrance! Needless to say there was never anyone using the facilities.

The food was buffet style and the choice was similar each lunch / dinner. Chips were even available at breakfast time! Don't expect food stations or any show cooking at this hotel!
During our stay we didn't see any daytime or evening entertainment. The bar area only ever had 2 staff serving which led to quite lengthy waits in getting served.

If you get a good deal to this hotel, say £350 or less, and want to eat out then go for it as the pool area is ok, rooms are clean, very central location on main strip. Just don't rock up expecting the normal 4 star 'all-inclusive' experience, as we did or you'll be disappointed.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Food
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travellers are raving about these Laganas hotels

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 9 July 2008

I loved this hotel.
The front desk girl, Andriana was great ;-)
Geia sou Zouzounitsa!
filakia polla! :-x

• Liked — the front desk girl
  • Disliked — that she had to work
  • Stayed September 2003, travelled solo
Newcastle
Reviewed 29 August 2006

This is truely one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.
Came here for a week September 05 with my boyfriend -was sold the Victoria as a 3 star good quality hotel (so said the travel agent). On arrival I was actually so horrified that I burst in to tears. The room looked like a prison cell it was that basic. The balcony door was broken, the decor looked ancient and the bathroom was disgusting, the shower was hand held which made it impossible to get washed (there was no bath). On complaining to the Sunset reps we were told we should expect this in Laganas....well if that's the case I won't be going back!!!
The staff were down right rude to everyone, the noise levels appalling (it is right in the resort centre and you can hear music till 6am - then the maids start coming round at 7) plus the walls are paper thin and you can hear absolutely everything from rooms around, above and below you. The resort itself is a hell hole - full of young people being sick, having sex in the streets, running riot. etc The whole experience has put me off going back to Greece. On the 3rd last night we discovered the nearby resort of Kalimaki which you can get to by bus in 5 mins - this was much nicer - still lively but not so downmarket with lovely restaurants and bars(believe me I'm not a snob but Laganas main strip is terrible and I drink at the Bigg Market!!!!!!). I would strongly recommend if you are booked to stay here change your arrangements. Stay in kalimaki instead. On a plus the pool area is OK. Certainly not worth it's 3 star rating - I wouldn't even give it 1.

• Liked — nothing at all
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not go here!
  • Stayed September 2005, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JaylaCarlyle
Lancs, England
Reviewed 14 August 2006

This was possibly the worst hotel I have ever seen. Worse than with a Youth Hostel I once stayed at in Amsterdam! On arrival we were allocated a room which was dirty, despite having just been 'cleaned'.

The fixtures and fittings were in serious need of refurbishment. The shower head was covered in rust, the grout between all the tiles in the bathroom was black, the shower tray was cracked and filthy, with a second, similarly disgusting shower tray cemented inside it. There were dirty marks on the sheets, a view of a patch of grass containing a discarded pair of boxer shorts, food walked into the floor all around the bar area. The fact that this hotel has a 3* rating is laughable. We were offered two other rooms by a sullen receptionist, all of which were of a similar standard.

It took us two hours to get moved to another resort. If your aim is to go on holiday, drink as much alcohol as you can, vomit and have sex in the street, then do it all again, this is the place for you. I do not advise anyone with young children to go to this resort. It is truly appalling.

• Liked — leaving
  • Disliked — arriving
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid at all cost
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
Bristol
Reviewed 13 August 2006

We stayed at the Victoria Hotel for a week at the end of July. I was slightly worried as I had read different reviews. I was pleasantly surprised!

The room itself was clean and a good size. It was quiet at night although we did have a room at the back of the hotel - I can imagine it would be very noisy if you were staying facing the street.

The bathroom however was very disappointing as we didn't have a full size bath or a proper shower. You had to hold the shower in your hands as there wasn't a hook on the wall! This was slightly annoying but wasn't really a big deal.

The breakfast was also a bit disappointing - there was no cereal or toast - just ham, cheese or a bread roll. Then again, it was a continental breakfast.

Overall, the hotel was clean and in a very good location. I would recommend it if you want to stay somewhere clean just where you are going to sleep.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
1 Thank summer_hols86
Hunstanton Norfolk
Reviewed 29 May 2006

We stayed for a week from 14/5/06. The staff were friendly, the hotel clean, rooms cleaned every day. We had booked two rooms which were allocated next to each other. Rooms were spacious plenty of hot water. Breakfast was great all fresh and well presented. We did not use the pool as we were too busy visiting other parts of the island and swimming in the sea, but it looked great. The hotel is located in a very busy part of Lagana which is great for evenings, we did not have any problem sleeping but appreciate it was early in the season, but still plenty of people about. Hotel has lovely gardens, easy to get to the airport. We collected a hire car as soon as we landed and found our own way to the hotel. Plenty of parking spaces in hotel car park.

Stayed May 2006