“great for a relaxing holiday”
Review of No Name Apartments

and 1 more site!
No Name Apartments
Ranked #55 of 74 Hotels in Laganas
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
“great for a relaxing holiday”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

No name is a great place to stay if you have 2 17 yr olds with you, It is close enough for all the crazy nightlife and quiet enough for mum and dad to relax , very clean and tidy and on arrival she had the 2 bedroomed apartment cooled , the hostess is a very nice woman who couldn't do enough for us, the pool is only a 2 min walk away and was also very clean with friendly staff, I would book again without a second look at another hotel and as this was our 3rd time in lagana I have to say the no name apartments have to have been the best place we have stayed and also the cheapest :-)

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
darwen
Reviewed 25 September 2012

First, we did have a good time because it was a lads holiday with 8 of us - we got off the coach in a back alley and everyone laughed at us, because it looks like a dump from the outside. We were seen to soon after and told we didnt have a room because they thought we were coming the next day. So we chilled by the pool and given free beer etc.
The rooms were big and clean, but we had no hot water for 11 days and the food we cooked in the kitchen attracted ants, like, a lot of ants. One of the rooms was infested with ants and we had to flamethrower them and kettle them to deathThe hotel is down a dark back alley, just off the strip, so girls were a major challenge to bring home, but it was done! Also the woman who managed our room didnt give us toilet roll for beer poo's and the food is expensive. It was a typical party holiday hotel and it was good with the pool just round the corner.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel was by far awful, I'd like to start by saying that our safe was ripped out of our wall and taken in the middle of the night. No forced entry, and all the doors and windows were locked. The manager did nothing to help us, he told us that the police station wasn't open until 8am!? Sounds a bit dodgy to me... besides this we had no cleaners and the 'hotel' had no reception or security. They placed us in an apartment, in a block all on our own next to the entrance. It was all quite strange from the start. We were a group of 3 girls all 19 years old and it was our first holiday away with no parents. I do not reccomend ANYONE to stay here. The room was DISGUSTING and not to mention it was surrounded by dirty cats coming right onto the seating area we had. This hotel is tucked in the back alley's of Laganas, so walking down to the strip, even in the day, didn't feel safe. Once we moved to our new apartments we had a brilliant time, Zante, Laganas, itself was amazing but please do not stay here. We weren't the only ones to get robbed here as the Borsilino (the sister block apartment) was also burgled.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Laganas hotels

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Arrived on the first day in the early hours of the morning. We waited around the back road for about 20 minutes as there's no reception. Finally, we were greeted by a very grumpy lady named Orlagh (the angel of death). We were taken to our room where the kitchen light didn't work the fridge was rusted with the door hanging off, we were then told if we wanted air con it was €10 a day (not as advertised on the website). We accepted the shoddy room and got on with it. A couple of days later Orlagh bursts in after us being on bed for about an hour, demanding more money for the air con and telling us we needed to change our outside bin because she was ill and when I say we were told, we were TOLD. I dont think im being unreasonable to think that when youre on holiday the cleaner takes the bins. Thats another point, in our 4 week stay, she cleaned our room once! A few more days passed and as you do on holiday we made some friends that came over and the angel of death bursts in again very angry shouting at us that if she ever caught anyone else in our room again we'd be thrown out by her husband
(she's fond of using her husband as a threat). She later saw us and apologised but it was too little too late for my friend and I who both agreed that the service and treatment we recieved was terrible. On the up side Zante is brilliant for young people like myself, good drink deals on most bars and the best for food and quality of alcohol is Niko's at the top of the strip. Safe to say I would rather soil myself than go back to no name aprartments.

• Stayed July 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I would just like to start by saying, Clubbing holidays aren’t for boring people quite obviously so when you read a review that’s negative its generally from a person that’s boring and doesn’t like clubbing holidays. I’ve been on several lads holidays now and I’ve returned to Zante a few times for the fact its just full of banter.

The hotel is brilliant the people are friendly and the atmosphere is relaxed yet enjoyable, you’re paying for 2 star so don’t expect the Hilton but then again i spent about 1% of the holiday in my room so who cares. People that fuss about lack of care on the hotel front won’t see much change from Laganas's 2-3 star hotels/apartments ( its a bed at the end of the day).

The only miner issue which i suppose could be major is location as muggers have been known to pop up in the past, take minimal stuff with you when you go out and try to stay in bigger numbers if possible. I recommend that girl groups try to stick with some boys as its always an off put to the Greek thief’s.

What more can i say just go get messy and have fun, 10 days is a must as 7 is not enough !! O and I'd probably say to Familys to use the other side of the Island unless you want your child learning bad language and getting served by the barman!!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Wales, UK
Reviewed 17 June 2012

First visit to Zante, so was unaware of what 2* actually meant on the island - I soon found out! I was met and welcomed by the proprietor, Angelo, who explained the set-up with the neighbouring Borsalino complex, and was helpful with local directions etc. The apartment itself was less than 'spotless' and furnishings/kitchen equipment were well worn, but servicable.The shower-head fitting on the wall was broken, but a little improvisation with an elastic band did the trick! Not worth complaining about. There was a television hidden in the wardrobe of the second bedroom. I was out for most of the time, so I don't know if that worked. Because of the ferocious local mossies, I ate/drank mostly inside and moved the plastic table from the balcony - no problem.The bed linen was changed mid-week. I think I was was the only occupant of the block, so noise wasn't an issue. The Borsalino Apartments/poolside bar is about 100 yards, door to door. The main strip of Laganas is a 10 - 15 min walk, but the first couple of hundred yards from the apartments are unlit country roads. No problem for me, but could be uncomfortable for a lone walker of a nervous disposition. The beach is a further 10 - 15 mins. from town. Taxi from the heart of the town was 6 Euros. At the end of the day, £54(!!!) for a week's accommodation in Zante, even if 'no frills', relatively near to town, has to be excellent value for money. Don't forget the old adage, 'you get what you pay for'!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Carshalton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My partner and i have just got back from a week's stay at the no name apartments. Despite our early arrival (5.30 am), the owner was very cheerful and helpful to us. The apartments were basic but very nice with large balconies. Air con was 35euros for the week and the safety deposit box was 15euros - both worth getting!
Really nice location - close enough to town (10-15min walk), 5 mins to nearest shop and it's a very quiet secluded location :)
Use of pool at Borsalino apartments is also very useful!
Owners of the apts are so so friendly - really nice atmosphere.
Loved the apts and if we were going back to laganas we would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: First floor apartments are preferable so there is more privacy on the balcony.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple