“not just a strip-tease” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 77 Hotels in Laganas
Evesham, United Kingdom
“not just a strip-tease”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I went to this hotel with my boyfriend 22 and 21 with thomson twentys - however NOT to go clubbing every night. We stayed from the 13th to 20th of September. Its a ten-15mins transfer and on the strip but rooms are almost totally soundproof, only the pool bar music can be heard. The beach is 2 mins walk. Stylish outside and inside the hotel. There is Pizza Hub (not Hut) and a cheaper version of KFC as the details of the hotel points out and they give you discounts for however, dont use them unless its a wet miserable day. Try the greek (better) version of kebabs - Souvlaki or Gyros on the front/strip. The customer service at the hotel is excellent. The pool bar staff, receptionists (definately look out for Graham!! :-) such a sweetie ). you have to pay a 30 euros deposit pp for damages throughout your stay but get it back if nothing. We went Scuba diving with Euro-divers. 80 euros for qualified divers for 2dives or 50 euros for a try dive (dive and snorkel) you can even ask for 3euros bagette which is scrummy. I would also recommend Quad-biking. 20euros for the day per quad (2 persons) and 10euros for petrol. Put your helmet on - 360 euros if not worn!! Everything is closer than you think! Go try banana beach or turtle beach south east of the island. Alcohol is watered down but at pool bar n Cubaneros is not, so moneys worth. Breakfast is continental - jams, toast, marble cake, croissants & greek yogurt & honey however no-body goes as still in bed so hotels profit. Rooms are simple but very clean (didnt hear of different themes however) great tv/dvd/cd/ipod player- definately take DVD with you to fill time before dinner and after dinner!!! The ONLY dissapointment was at the end of the stay we were asked to pay 2 euros for a broken hanger - turned out that there wasn't a broken one when we asked to look just a 'missing' one out of the 5 or so more hangers we had interms of the 13 that there was meant to be. They let it go. Advice - thouroughly check off the things on the list they give you on arrival. As for Mossies, keep windows/doors shut at sunrise and sunset. spray yourself with anti mossie spray before bed and buy some Antisan cream for the bites - they may react worse than usual with your skin - mine did.

Room Tip: The pool musics loud most nights so a higher floor if you want to avoid too much noise at night. How...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank shimmeringdolphin

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Me and a friend stayed here for the first week in September, admittedly it doesn't seem to be a great hotel when you first pull up outside but as soon as you walk under the archway it's a really nice place. Located directly on the strip yet you can't hear a thing from your room at night! The reception staff were all very friendly and helpful. Even the security guard sat on reception got me an extra pillow and brought it to my room because we only had 3 between the both of us.

As we first entered the room we were a little disappointed as it could have been cleaner, it was clean, however it appeared to have been made up the day before we arrived and there was dust on a few places and the floor wasn't as clean as it could have been. Apart from that we were satisfied with it!

The pool area was always very clean as was the pool, the bar staff were always coming round to collect empty glasses/bottles and would also chat with you which was nice. The music was always at a perfect volume to hear yet you could still have a conversation and it was always in good taste! (No old/boring music. Up to date and relevant, let's say!) the food from the bar was nice and they have a fairly good choice on offer, wide variety if drinks available too at a decent price, no different to anywhere else in the area. So it was all good value for money. Breakfast was a little disappointing, nothing amazing but then again there was always something you would eat! Toast/croissants/cereal/boiled eggs etc.

The hotel BBQ was great too at night, lots of food and a fun quiz at the end if you wanted to join in, might I just add that we won the quiz and received a prize of €50, which went straight back behind the bar and left a nice little tip for Zak and Yvette! (The bar staff)

Everywhere you want is within walking distance of the hotel, the beach is a 60 second walk away, supermarket's right outside, restaraunts and fast food places dotted all over the place.

Overall we had a great stay at the Ionis and would highly recommend it to anybody! The reps were really nice, fun and friendly!

• Stayed September 2013
Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

My boyfriend and I, 23 and 21 stayed at this hotel for 10 days starting the 3rd September...it's not really a couple place but my partner and I do like to party, if your a couple that like to party but also like atmosphere and want to experience Greek tradition I would stay away from laganas and go to Alykes :)

First of all it is a clean hotel although our bed sheets were only changed twice and towels only changed every other day (myself i would prefer everyday but maybe that's me being picky). As a few people have said on here it's amazing for sound proofing, I was facing the strip and only one night I woke up due to some boy screaming for about 10 minutes! The hotel itself is nicely decorated and comfortable to stay in.

The staff are very friendly and helpful. We didn't see our reps at all - thank god, but its probably because we avoided the pool and bar area and did our own thing. Right so ill go onto the two security guards - all in all they were very friendly to me and my partner, I had my phone stolen and they were absolutely great help. The one guy called Nikos even left the hotel to go to the club sin city to try and find it (for the record AVOID SIN CITY). However I will make all of you younger lads aware, don't even think about causing hassle with them because they won't stand for it, on the third night I witnessed Nikos knocking a young lad out for urinating on the wall! It made me feel very very uncomfortable!

The breakfast is very basic - toast, ham, cheese, hard boiled eggs etc etc. not that I ever had it because we were sleeping passed 10 haha!

Now for the scabby part - they charged us €100 for air con, fridge and safe use. €60 deposit and €3 for every hour on wifi!!!! If you do stay at this hotel I'd suggest you check all the room before hand because they will try and get your €60 deposit for the smallest of things.

For couples only - if you do want to stay in laganas I'd recommend hiring a quad for the day as we explored Kalamaki, argasi and Zakinthos town which was lovely!

All in all if I were to laganas I'd probably stay here as it was by far the nicest hotel on the strip!

I also have to mention if you go down onto the beach they have some lovely restaurants and bars! Definitely try "tasos" the food, service and atmosphere is top notch!

• Stayed September 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Went in middle of august with 6 other girls aged 21! Would say the ionis is probably one of the best options if you are going for a party holiday as its right on the strip and a 2 minute walk to the beach! Pool is a good size and the food is nice ate here every day for lunch pretty much! The barman Zak was lovelyyyy and nice enough to show us around a bit! Plus he makes a great pinacolada! The only thing I would say is to watch for the receptionists telling you you need to pay for clean sheets because you got a mark on them...I ended up cleaning mine myself and the stain came out! Great holiday!
(katapolo)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

So whay can I say about the ionis art hotel? This hotel made my holiday! The staff are the most amazing friendly people I have ever met, so hospitable and caring! From the reception staff to the cleaners to the security guards! People on here slate the security guards, they looked after me and my friends that I met out here so much, even responding to drunken phone calls when they were ring sick! They were caring and kind not like the other reviews are saying like anyone show them respect and they will show you respect!
There was just 2 of us and we had a lovely double room which was always sparkling clean and fully supplied.
The pool area was great, just needed a bit more entertainment.
The location of the hotel is perfect and the fact you get discount at the on site fast food venues is even better.
So overall I woul recommend this hotel to anyone, couples, people there to party, or people there to tan! It is an amazing place to stay and I will be returning again and again!
Massive thank you to all of the staff at the ionis for making it the best 2 weeks of my life!!!

• Stayed July 2013
Telford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

There are many mixed reviews on here for the Ionis and if liked me you read into these and were a little worried.. Well I can assure you have nothing to worry about. I have just returned from 2 weeks here from 2 - 16 August

Like with any hotel you stay in there are pro's and cons and this is no different. The hotel location really couldn't be better, as you walk out the hotel you re surrounded by shops, bars, restaurants and clubs. The beach was also just a 2 min walk away.

The staff couldn't be friendlier, nothing seems to much trouble for them. The cleaners and reception staff were extremely nice and helpful. As for the 'controversial' security guards.. They are brilliant, they are there to do a job, you treat them with respect and they will do the same back.

The rooms were cleaned every day to a very high standard with fresh towels left daily.

If you are travelling in a large group then I recommend emailing the hotel before you travel and they will put you in rooms next door to each other. I emailed them with a similar request and they confirmed back to me the same day!

You do have to pay a 30euro deposit when you check in to cover any breakages etc. This is refunded when you check out once your room has been inspected.

The snack's you get from the pool bar are reasonably priced and are nice. Yvette the bar lady was very nice and always helpful. The continental breakfast was surprisingly nice too.

You don't get any noise from the strip or the pool area as when the doors are closed you cannot hear anything from outside.

Now unfortunately there is some bad points to this hotel..

Zak the barman - He is a sexual predator.. he scours the pool area during the day for girls, he looks to be very hands on and I saw a few girls having to literally push him off - I even saw him undoing a girls bikini top, this isn't acceptable for any hotel never mind what should be a 4*

Pool - Was a little small and got very busy mid afternoon. You also cannot take food and drink purchased from outside the hotel by the pool. i can understand alcohol but when you're in temperatures exceeding 40 degrees you'd think they would let you take your own water. A way round this - If you go to the Buy and Save supermarket over the road (opposite Sin City) they do the same water that the pool bar does but you get 6 bottles for 2.50euros instead of 1.60euro each!!

Rooms - They are a little on the small side but to be honest they are more than adequate if you're just using it for a base to get ready.

Sleep quality - The nights you don't go out you will hear people coming in running up and down the corridors yelling and screaming but this is no fault of the hotel I guess.

In summary then.. If you have booked up for this hotel then you wont be disappointed if its a week or 2 of copious amounts amount of alcohol and no sleep. Just ensure you respect the staff and the hotel and you will have no issues whatsoever. The hotel will try and make money off you if you don't. A group of people got charged 35euros just for losing the plastic back off their AC remote control.

While you are there you MUST go to Michaels Place for food and drinks - Its located next door to Three Lions. The food is AMAZING and the staff are equally too. You get a starter, main course and 4 rounds of drinks for just 15euros each!! Cant recommend this place highly enough

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 666ChrisL666
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

I have Stayed at this hotel for 11 days, and i can honestly say that it has been the best holiday experience!! The food on the strip pizza hub and kfc are top quality and also the 2 night guards (adionis and nickos) are really helpful and respectful, overall the service, food and hospitality has been top notch!!

• Stayed August 2013