“Couldn't fault it”
Review of Agrilia Hotel

Agrilia Hotel
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Myself and 3 others returned from the Agrilia Hotel yesterday (12th September) after spending a week here.

I've been to Zante twice before and stayed in different hotels none of which even came close to this one.

Julio and Chris from the bar couldn't have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble for either of them and we were never kept waiting for anything. The owner George was also extremely helpful and made sure we got to and returned from day trips safely.

The cleanliness of the hotel was brilliant. The pool and bar area especially. The rooms themselves were swept daily and sheets and towels changed daily also. We returned home every day to clean bedding and certainly had no issue with the room.

Hector the dog is a warm additional to a well run hotel with a great atmosphere. Hector didn't cause us any problems at all and stayed by George's side all night. He was an incredibly friendly, clean and happy dog with a good temperament.

The evening menu is varied and we ate at the hotel most nights because the food was so much better than anywhere on the strip.

The Agrilia is a clean, safe, well run, relaxing and classy hotel which suits all ages. I would stay here again as we all felt so well looked after.

Thank you George, Chris, Julio... And Hector for a relaxing week with you all.

1  Thank Reado83

Reviewed 13 September 2013

I am 20 years old and my boyfriend and i booked a last minute trip here last september, It was perfect for a relaxing week by the pool. When it came to booking another holiday this year we couldnt find anything quite like this so we ended up back at Agrilia.
The hotel which is a 10 minute walk from laganas strip is run by a lovely man called George, he really does make an effort to make your stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible.
The rooms are lovely and modern, lots of cupboard space, a big mirror and then the beautiful balconies (where we spent alot of our evenings). The best rooms are the ones over looking the pool area as you get good views of the mountains and the setting sun in the evening.
Breakfasts were good, im not a breakfast person but the fresh orange juice, fruit and crossaints suited us fine. The lunch and dinner menu provides a lot of variation, we did eat here most nights, however if you do fancy a change i can reccomend if you walk 5 minutes down the road towards Laganas and turn right theres a lovely family owned restaurant called Paradise which does a very similiar menu (but slightly cheeper). There are lots of restaurants and bars nearby so there is something for everyone.
We had such a lovely holiday and felt very well looked after. We didnt experience any problems with buying larger bottles of water at the nearby shop and bringing it back to the hotel. And Hector the dog is extremly well behaved and didnt bother us once.
We were keen to explore the island this year and i would reccomend the sea turtle trip from laganas bay, and also a visit to Porto Limnionas (a stunning cove).
I would reccomend this hotel to anyone, we were a young couple but there were guests of all ages and they all seemed to love it just as much as we did.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Amelia E
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my partner stayed here the beginning of September, with another couple. At first I think they thought we would be a little rowdy, but the complete opposite. We just wanted to relax and that's what we got. Clean rooms, clean pool, clean eating area. Food was brilliant and we had no complaints. There was a problem with our bathroom and within 30 minutes this were fixed. The hotel has a family feel to it and the very well behaved dog hector is a extra touch. Even though he would never bother you. George and his staff are very attentive and are constantly cleaning up after you. For couples this hotel is perfect. Very cosy at night if you want to stay round the bar. If you just want a boozy livley holiday then my advice would be to stay else where. It's a short and nice walk into laganas, but George and staff are very quick to get you a taxi anywhere you want to go. Overall no complaints and was sad to leave. Thanks to George and his staff the hotel is a credit. Brilliant!!!

1  Thank Kaylou2
Reviewed 11 September 2013

A disappointing experience overall.the hotel seems more catered for the middle aged or Italians if your a young British couple looking for peace don't expect the same sort of welcome, the bar is seriously over priced for example a cocktail 6euros in town 5euros for 2 cocktails and 2 jagerbombs,cleanliness of the room was disappointing only thing done was clean towels swept out and that's all no bleach used in the bathroom so the stink was horrific,its a business and just think it lacks passion,quick to grab euros out of you but ain't bothered in keeping people happy, was 30c plus when I and my partner was there so we always had a large bottle of water to hand,we got told off when we went into the hotel with it...apparently no drinks allowed on the premises unless its purchased from the bar disgraceful I can honestly say I would never stay in this hotel again. 1 last thing I just like many am a animal lover...but do you really want a underfed hairy German Sheppard around your food?

3  Thank gav019
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I spent the first week of September at this lovely hotel. I must add that I work in the travel industry - and this hotel very much impressed me.
Clean, modern and most importantly great service and a warm welcome.
George greets you at reception and Julio and Chris are ever on hand to assist you.
The food at the hotel - both breakfasts and evening meals are high quality with plenty of choice.
The pool area is immaculate, the sunbeds comfortable and high quality (not plastic!) - the jacuzzi is a nice touch too.
Perfect for couples on getaways.
The resident dog Hector is lovely and as I was missing my dogs it gave the dog lovers at the hotel a little bit of puppy love while on holiday!
The hotel is on the edge of Laganas, so far away enough to avoid the noise of the bars in the town, but it is an easy stroll onto Laganas strip and to the sea front.
WiFi is charged for at the hotel - but almost every bar and restaurant in Laganas offers free wifi - so don't let this deter you if you need internet access on tap while you are away.
The weather was 32 - 38 degrees while we were there in early September.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone.
Thanks to george and all his staff for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shedendgirl
Reviewed 8 September 2013

My husband and I stayed here while visiting our Dr friend who has a surgery in Laganas and we couldn't not have been more satisfied. My husband and I in our 30's and me pregnant with our first born, this hotel was quite at night and still had lots of people hanging out on the property. The staff was very attentive and took care of me and the baby quickly when I needed a snack which was often. We rented a car near by so getting around the island was easy. We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank tiak82
Reviewed 25 August 2013

A nice comfortable quiet place surrounded by olive trees. Close to everything but away from the crowded noisy Laganas. Supermarket and bus stop within walking distance. I was on Half Board and ordered food à la carte: tasty delicious food at the poolside that was worth waiting for a little long. George and his staff were extremely friendly and attentive. The late breakfast and dinner time allowed me to be relaxed and never hurry for anything. Be prepared for mosquitos.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank fuoco71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laganas
Atlantis Hotel
Zante Plaza Hotel & Apartments
Castelli Hotel
Castelli Hotel
#9 of 73 in Laganas

Been to Agrilia Hotel? Share your experiences!