“Amazing Holiday”
Review of Pallas Hotel

Pallas Hotel
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Laganas
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We stayed here for one week in May with my sister on a girly holiday. The hotel was extremely clean and the food fantastic. The best part for us was the friendliness of the staff especially Steve who went out of his way every day to be warm and welcoming. Overall a fantastic family run hotel with a warm atmosphere.
We would defiantly stay here again and recommend to our friends and families.
Thanks guys for a wonderful time :0) x

2  Thank erica19712014

Reviewed 10 June 2014

we came back from this hotel and let me tell you it was an amazing holiday. The hotel is clean the staff are friendly and helpful. we loved everything the food is very good and plentiful the barman Steve was a laugh security man use to learn us Greek when we asked him something and the family who ran it helped in anyway possible.one of our group got mugged and the manager helped all the way through the experience .And can I add it was not Greeks who did this Don't let this put you off as we continued to enjoy the holiday we never has a group go back to the same place twice. but we all agree we would go back to the pallas hotel can I just say thank you to the family and Steve for a brillllllll week gooooood job

1  Thank neat42
Reviewed 9 June 2014

On arrival at this hotel I was not sure what we had booked into. We were shown to our room by the security Man. However on further inspection this hotel was very well equiped and extremelly well presented. The decor was up to date and looked new. Steve the barman was a let down to this family ran business. He was a complete perv and only served drinkd to groups of young women....or just young women in general. It was actually very hard to even be served with a drink on some nights. We only ever had 1 but it took us a while to even get that. He could be quite sleazy and I felt took advantage of this hotel. He was always smoking and playing disgusting music aimed at young people. However my party were quite a bit younger than he liked and I did not appreciate this type of music being played in front of them.
Putting that aside the Pool was cleaned every evening and the rooms were cleaned and the beds made up. The rest of the staff were always pleasant....apart from the dark haired lady owner who in some instances was down right rude!
Entertainment was usually just the hotel residents although some days local entertaiment was present. If you did want a challenge then the strip which is approx 10 minutes down a dark lane is a must. Even just to check out the sights!
The beach is at the bottom of the strip and this is really nice. At first seems very busy but was pleasantly suprised on our visit.
Food was very good for such a small hotel they catered well and constantly refreshed the food trays. The hotel held a weekly BBQ and it was lovely. The only downfall was that it was outdoor on the terrace and there was not enough seats to cater for everyone. Unfortunately with it being held on the terrace people were reluctant to move after their meal as this was now their seat for the rest of the night.
2 Euro's for 1 hour of Wifi seemed too good to be true....possibly as every time i paid it did not work. I was constantly told the system was down. I was never given a refund however!
Beware of being charged stupid amounts for damages that you may not have casued. On our departure our party was charged £150.00 for some edging that had became loose on the side table. This could have been caused with water etc but we never had any fluids in this room? We were advised we had to pay it as a bill would only be sent to our home once we left. I was very disapointed to see that an hour after we paid this money we asked the new resident to let us take a photograph of the damage. The Hotel had already glued it down. Livid i was!
The Thomas Cook rep was absolutely no use at all. All she was interested in was the young groups of holiday makers that were paying ££££'s to attend her daily parties.
All in all a nice hotel with Advantages and disadvantages. In my opinion it would be better as a Family attraction rather than a 18-30's resort. It is out of the way of noise. I feel young people wil be exploited by any damages that may be caused through them or someone else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank CheekyKB
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one week in May with a friend on a girls holiday.
On arrival we was given a warm greeting and entering our room on the 1st floor we was pleased to see how clean it was!

We had some trouble working the safe box and the toilet flush but the hotel staff were quick to come and help/fix anything.

The pool area is nice and clean and the bar area gives the hotel a modern touch.

The location of the hotel is very out of the way and the road to the strip and beach is a hot spot for muggings so at night I would advise getting a taxi back to the hotel. The security man who works through the night is a lovely chap and very helpful!

The food is also good. Although there isn't masses of choice there is always something for everybody.

Our time at Pallas hotel was fabulous! And if we return to Zante we wouldn't stop at any other hotel!

Thankyou to all the staff for making our stay so pleasurable.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank katiestaniland
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is the first review we have ever written but we feel that this hotel warrants a review.My husband and I stayed at this hotel from 19th- 29th May 2014 and was with out doubt our best holiday ever . We cannot find any criticism to report at all . When we arrived at our room we found that there was a problem with the electricity and we were moved into the next room immediately so we wouldn't have to wait for it to be repaired so within the space of about 10minutes everything was sorted out and we could start our incredible 10days (not long enough) . All the staff we came into contact with were happy ,polite,professional , and curtious without exception . The rooms were very clean and well maintained , linen was changed regularly , the dinning room is light and airy and scrupulously clean, the food is tasty and well cooked and there is something for everyone to enjoy . We have read a few of the recent reviews about the bar man Steve and we are very upset about some of the negative comments about him . We witnessed a few incidents where people we demanding to be served as soon as they got to the bar he dealt with these difficult individuals in a tactfully manner that you would expect of a barman of his experience and professionalism to have . He is a lovely funny man doing a difficult job at times but he always as a smile for everyone . Hand on heart he helped make our holiday the best ( along with some lovely people we met there , you know who you are !!! ) . It must also be said that because we felt so comfortable and happy at the hotel we didn't venture far from it and therefore we feel that we are in a position to comment truthfully about the behaviour of some of the guests because we witnessed incidents first hand . When we have been on holiday in the past we have usually eaten out of the hotel either for a change of scenery or because the food is not up to standard but not this time it truly is the best . So ignore the negative comments and focus on the positive you will not be disappointed . Our stamp of approval is that we are returning in September , another first for us as we have never revisited a hotel before .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tracy N
PallasH, Ιδιοκτήτης at Pallas Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you so much.Looking forward to seeing you then.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

arrived at pallas hotel at laganas zante an all inclusive .....lovely family run hotel,....on arrival 7.30am there was no waiting for our room, we were shown to our rooms as soon as we checked in....room were nice clean and comfortable,beds were lovely to sleep on and very very clean......the food was lovely full English breakfast....plenty of choice at lunchtime and evening dinner,all cooked to the highest standard,
the staff were faultless nomatter what you needed or wanted they were on hand all the time, I cannot find any fault whatsoever with this hotel its beautifully kept from the inside to the grounds outside.
my husband and me real enjoyed our very relaxing holiday one of the best holidays we have ever had!,no complaints at all.... food ,rooms,staff were excellent!,we would go back !
only thing that got me was we had paid for 7 nights but because we checked in before 12 on our arrival date we had 40 euro,s to pay for the 7th night,but that included room- food and drinks until we left the hotel so was not badly priced at all, so please check with your agent before you book that 7 nights are paid for not 6........
and a little word of warning to the younger people that book in groups,,,rowdiness-swearing-or fighting on the premises will not... and..... I mean "not" be tolerated at all......they will be ejected from the hotel........
we had a real good holiday at this hotel no complaints absolutely "BRILLIANT"
so a "VERY BIG THANKYOU!! to everyone there for making our stay real lovely.... !!
ive just read a write up about being charged for damage.....cheekyKB.....if its the same people that was there the same time as me ......there grandson kicked off after binge drinking ouzo.....he was below me , it sounded like he was smashing the hotel room up!and as for the staff not smiling at her.....she had a face herself that would of bloody cracked if she had smiled or spoken to anyone, the grandson did do damage to that room and was taken out at midnight and spoken to by the security man and the owners son!if it had been my hotel I would charge anyone for damage... it does cost money to replace things!

Margaret and Charlie wigham durham

Room Tip: I am disabled and cannot climb steps very well.....they were informed before I arrived... I was loca...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wickedwench
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Stayed here at the end of may with five 19 year old friends and was pleasantly surprised with how nice the hotel was! Staff were always really friendly and helpful with the exception of Steve the bar man, one minute he'd be laughing and joking with you and the next he was grumpy and rude and you couldn't get a drink out of him for love nor money. Other than this I cannot fault the hotel. The night security man was caring and always spoke to us and checked we'd all returned home safely from a night on the strip which was reassuring. Food was really good for most of the meals and there was always pizza and chips as a fallback! Rooms were cleaned every morning and the towels were changed every 2/3 days. It's a short walk back from the strip and beach, far enough so that you aren't disturbed by music but not too far to walk and reasonably well light at night. An excellent hotel and an excellent holiday, would happily stay here again!

2  Thank J1994888