“Outback Spectacular - Spectacularish”

Australian Outback Spectacular
Book In Advance
More Info
US$81.37*
and up
Australian Outback Spectacular Gold Coast
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Oxenford
More attraction details
Owner description: A legend is born as entertainment soars to fresh new heights with the introduction of a stunning new show presented by R.M.Williams. Saddle up and join us on a captivating journey to the snow peaked mountains of the high country where enchanted whispers and legendary yarns come alive with the most inspiring stories of the Australian characters never told. Be dazzled like never before by amazing animal stars and the courageous story of Red Dog. See death defying stunts and aerial performances as you hear the brave tale of the Aussie girl sold to the circus at the tender age of 7. Be mesmerised by biggest display of special effects ever seen as you travel the Road to Omeo with Australia's yesteryear ghosts. With all new three course menu and drinks, stirring new musical score and all the comedy, action and drama you've come to expect, prepare yourself for the most breathtaking arena show ever produced under the Australian Outback Spectacular roof. Witness the bravery, beauty and courage of the greatest Australian stories never told... High Country Legends. Only at Australian Outback Spectacular. Don't miss your chance to be among the first to see High Country Legends. Only at Australian Outback Spectacular. Seats are limited. Bookings essential.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Just arrived home from a night out at 'Outback Spectacular'. Now, this was not the type of event that I would usually head off to, but I was told by others who had felt the same way that it was definitely worth doing. And overall, I would say I did enjoy it - particularly as I'm fond of horses!
I did like the historical bent of the show and there were some moving parts related to the First World War that were done well. The lighting and staging works well to create atmosphere throughout.
The performers (including the animals!) do their jobs very well - I think at times it gets difficult for them to generate the 'yee-hah' atmosphere they are looking for - whether this was just on my night - not sure. Perhaps Australians are not used to cheering themselves on!
I thought they did very well with the food given the size and type of event - the vegetables with the main meal with fresh - hallelujah.
My 5-year-old daughter absolutely loved it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,835)

Reviewed 2 November 2011

Wow, what a show. Truly awesome and great night out.
I didnt really want to go but my partner did so I booked these thinking it would be boring. Far from it. Was a great night out, great atmosphere in the barn type arena, top notch food (although the entree was a bit light on for a big boy) and free beer.. Thats the aussie was for sure!
Souvenirs affordable and quite a good range.
Only downside was no intermission for a quick dunny break! But if thats the worst thing thats ok.
Would go again if they change the show.. Highly recommend

1  Thank DoctaNer
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Wow, what a night, great value for money, get into the country vibe with your included cowboy hat, delicious 3 course meal and they kept the drinks flowing all night. The show was interacitve and well done with a great salute to Austalian history. Well worth the visit.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

We went again last night, we had seen the show earlier this year and I wanted my Mum to come and see the show with us, we had a great night again, the food is great, drinks plentiful and the show is unreal.
The people who bag this show or say the accents are too much etc are just missing the point, this is ENTERTAINMENT, the story line is amazing and pays tribute to the ANZACS - my children are 9 & 11 they love the show and as we where leaving asked when the new show starts so we could come again.
Horesmanship is totally spectacular - great night out for the whole family.

Reviewed 22 October 2011

A "must see". Everything is so well done. Australian history. Australian culture. Great food and served incredibly fast. Highly recommended!