“Authentif Thai with great flavour”

Lemongrass Thai Maudsland
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Oxenford
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Description: Modern Thai cuisine and décor with seating for 38 people. Yes we have high chairs for the little ones and they are always welcome. Bookings are essential Thursday-Sunday as this is our busy times and we would not like to disappoint anyone.
Reviewed 6 October 2016

Ordered a number of dishes over the phone from their menu on their facebook page. Mixed entrees good value although I don't think the fried tofu survived in peak condition in the plastic container, was a bit soggy but thats what you get with take away. Stand out dish for me was the chicken larb, good strong flavors. Red curry good, crispy duck suffered the same fate as the tofu, losing its crispy finish on the way home. Very friendly hosts, I would happy dine in to get a better experience the next time i'm in Queensland.

1  Thank Marc B
Vern R, Owner at Lemongrass Thai Maudsland, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2016

Thank you very much for your kind review Marc, we are certainly glad you took the time to comment about us. As you rightly pointed out, there are some dishes that don't travel well and are best enjoyed as a "dine in" experience. We hope you make the time to join us for dinner very soon so you can relax and enjoy all tastes and flavours we have to offer.
Kind personal regards,
Vern & Sri
ps: just a reminder we are taking a little break from 10th to 20th October and re-opening on Friday 21st.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed a lovely fresh meal. Great service and very affordable. Will definitely be returning soon!

Thank you Jane for your very kind review. We look forward to having you back again very soon.

Reviewed 25 September 2016

We had a meal here with friends & as we both have a food allergy to wheat, we're always extremely careful about what we order. We are essentially 'label readers'. Unfortunately after choosing carefully & speaking to both the waitress & the cook and being assured it was ok...we had an allergic reaction to what we ordered - two different meals. I do not recommend you eat here if you are gluten free! Bad experience.

4  Thank GlutenFreeQuester
Vern R, Owner at Lemongrass Thai Maudsland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

I am both surprised and disappointed that you did not get what you ordered. We serve at least 10 GF meals a week and yours is the first one we have had any issues with. Firstly, I sincerely apologize for any discomfort you may have experienced and would like to try and make it up to you. Secondly, whilst it is still fresh in our minds can you pls email me the date and time you came in and what table you were seated at, so that I might be able to investigate a little more. All I can think is that your order with the request to be GF was overlooked which is not acceptable and we need to be more careful in future. We have special GF Soy and other specialty products so that we are able to produce GF food.
Again, I unreservedly apologize and hope that you give us a second chance.
Vern & Sri (owners)

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Always fantastic tasting food. Cooked to perfection. The only negative is the service and entree's. Waitresses/waiters forget to top up water / wine, multiple waitresses serving you (why?), not bringing meals out at the same time, not putting the napkin down for you or opening your wine (despite charging corkage).

80% of the entree's are boring. Spring rolls, curry puffs, satay chicken etc... seriously, this is the 21st century. We want traditional Thai food, incredible spice and something different to try. Not something that tastes like it's from Woolworth or Coles.

This would be a 5 star restaurant if the staff members had regard to the above and changed up the entree's.

1  Thank Lukas R

Good afternoon Lukas,
Thank you for your comments, we will certainly take them on board when next we change our menu. Did you not see our Specials List?? Fresh Duck Rolls with Hoy-Sin dipping sauce, Salt & Pepper Calamari or crispy Soft-Shelled Crab with our own special sauce, might have been more in line with what you were looking for. All the boring entree's you mentioned are all hand made by us and hopefully taste a lot better than the Woolies variety. Maybe next time you visit you could tell me what you would like to see on the menu as I would be very keen to get your opinion.
Vern & Sri (owners)

Reviewed 11 September 2016

I had a bet with a friend almost 12 months ago, that this Thai was better than the one he went to. Well I won the bet and he now visits up to three times some weeks. I introduced another friend from Wollongong and he visited three days in a row. I recommend the soft shell crab, my daughter loves the BBQ chicken and my wife loves the Thai beef salad. The food is always fresh, full of flavour and cheap. The service is great and even more special now that we know Vern and his family. Give it a go you won't be disappointed.

Vern R, Owner at Lemongrass Thai Maudsland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Thank you very much Richard for the great review, we love having you and Emm here. As for the other "friends" you introduced, I'm not so sure..........hahahahahahahaha. We are almost at the stage where we need to make a permanent table available for you guys, as you come so often.
Sri and I are looking forward to your next visit and hopefully I can join you for a drink or two.

Kind personal regards,