We had a 3 bedroom villa (2 bedroom apartment + 1 bedroom apartment with connecting door). Kitchen amenities sparse but adequate for our needs. Stove in 2 bedroom, benchtop hotplates in 1 bedroom. Corner spa in 1 bedroom unit, large bathroom with single spa bath as ensuite off main bedroom and separate bathroom with shower in 2 bedroom apartment.
Television in each of the lounge areas - no televisions in bedrooms - which wasn't really a problem for us. Sofa beds in lounge areas - cost us an extra $35 a night to have bed linen for sofa bed. Housekeeping every three days - just change of towels really - did not change bed linen.
Loved the quiet - backyard with bush visited by kookaburras and magpies. Outside pool not enormous but much larger than than the average motel - we found most afternoons we had it to ourselves which was nice. Normal size inside heated pool, a small wading pool, two spas and two small games rooms (one for preschooler age) also available in the pool area. Pool closes at 8pm which we found disappointing.
About 10 to 15 minutes away from theme parks and about 20 minutes from Surfers which we found convenient. Shopping centre just a few minutes down the road which was useful - a couple of restaurants there including Sushi train which was also useful so close to the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Royal Woods Resort... your special placeRoyal Woods Resort, based in Ashmore on Queensland's beautiful Gold Coast (Australia) is a world-class resort featuring unique natural tropical surroundings, exquisite rooms and breath-taking views.The Gold Coast's only all villa suite resort, offers a range of one and two-bedroom suites or three-bedroom freestanding villas servicing the need for short, medium and long term stays. We provide the option of fully furnished luxury villas for daily, weekly, monthly and longer term rentals. Whether staying overnight or seeking longer term accommodation for the whole family, Royal Woods Resort provides the freedom and comfort of a home-away-from-home, combined with the luxury and features of a resort.From the 900 square feet one-bedroom suites to the 2100 square feet three-bedroom, three-bathroom (including spa) home-away-from-home, all were designed with luxury in mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Woods Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Woods Hotel Ashmore
- Royal Woods Resort Ashmore, Australia - Gold Coast