We stayed at Ashmore Palms in the Rainforest Retreat. My family consisted of 2 adults and 3 children aged 13yrs,11yrs and 13 months. We found the accomodation very good and it had all the mod cons we needed. It was great to have our own private BBQ and laundry. The village itself was close to all the theme parks (about 15 mins) which was really good. The staff is what makes this place shine.They are so helpful and polite and they actually seem like they like working their which made us feel very welcome. The only thing is the morning activites are really just for pre-schoolers and both my older children were disappointed in that as their wasn't much else to do before going to the theme parks.Also the childrens playgrounds really were old and worn and none of my children could use them. I did speak to Ashmore Palms about this and they said that the playgrounds were being upgraded by December. The pool at Ashmore was lovely and we all went swimming everyday and they had quite a few bird aviaries which you could walk around the park to see. I didn't like having to pay bonds of $50 for each item I needed like - Key Bond, High chair,crib,playstation remote,videos as I thought that was expensive.Maybe a lesser charge would be better because a couple of hundred dollars later was a lot to pay out (although we did get it back but not for at least a week after we got back from our trip).
All in all though we would probably stay their again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ashmore Palms Holiday Village is a family owned and operated holiday village, nestled on almost 15 acres of lush, tropical landscaping on Australia's Gold Coast in Queensland. The Village provides a relaxed, yet central holiday setting. Conveniently located close to the major theme parks and Surfers Paradise, the award-winning village offers a range of self-contained holiday cabin accommodation, popular with families, couples, groups and business travelers. Ashmore Palms has extensive family-friendly facilities and offers free children's activities.Next time you holiday on the Gold Coast, make Ashmore Palms your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ashmore Palms Holiday Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ashmore Palms Holiday Village Hotel Ashmore
- Palms Holiday Village Ashmore
- Palms Holiday Village Hotel Ashmore
- Ashmore Palms Holiday Village Australia - Gold Coast