“Excellent thai food”

Chilli Thai
Ranked #6 of 47 Restaurants in Ashmore
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

Exceptionally nice food always fresh and friendly accomodating staff always make every visit a pleasure

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We have been here for take out a few times, it's usually passable. Just. we needed a quiet night so decided on thai take out.
Host is pleasant, but this last visit the food was freaking ghastly.
Pad thai a glug of oversoaked noodles in sugary, salty tomato base, soft veg, rubbery chicken, stale crushed nuts, rotted? mung bean sprouts. The stir fry beef salty, sugary rubbery, soft, bland veg, rice was okay. The tom yum with prawn, one tiny prawn and it tasted plastic-y like out of a packet. Really, for $80 you can get better.
I was so disappointed that I threw it in the bin. There was no way I was putting that into my body. We got off our bums and drove into Surfers to Chiang Mai where there was zero disappointment.
I know owner will reply and say I should bring it back, etc but honestly, it's so not worth the bad vibe because she cannot seem to take feedback, even on the occasions we have eaten in the restaurant and we brought something to her attention she really did NOT want to know :-)
If she cannot see that the quality of the food has slipped a LOT, then what's the point. I suppose that happens when you're only focused on money rather than making customers satisfied and developing repeat business. We won't be going back.

1  Thank Sala M
Reviewed 23 August 2017

A little gem of Thai taste, the food lovers definitely will love this place. I had been there with wife & two young kids for a quick dinner this month while travelling from Melbourne. Particularly loved the fried coconut prawn.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Always great quality and service. If you know your Thai food then you won't be disappointed.
Tried most dishes now.

Reviewed 26 May 2017

I have been to Thailand 12 times, I have eaten in some of the best Thai restaurants, Chilli Thai is one of the best Thai restaurants I have eaten at on the Gold Coast. The meals are fresh, the service is very friendly, the flavours and balance of the food are true Thailand food. Every meal I have had there has never let me down. And with all the meals I have had on this menu, the excitement and flavours dance on your tongue. It is true tantalizing Thai food. To eat at Chilli Thai is to experience real Thai food. The Price of the meals are average and it is also a BYO or buy onsite. I recommend everyone experience this delightful restaurant on the Gold Coast at the Pitstop. Easy parking, fantastic food and great service. I can not fault this place.