“Lived up to its name”
Review of Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 22 September 2011

The Palazzo Versace is definately one of the premium properties of the Gold Coast. Becasue of its distance from the MainBeach, Casino etc, it is able to retain its exclusivity. The great additon to the hotel is the adjacent mall which houses some of the best seafood restaurants, Max Bruner chocolate restaurants and a whole host of branded showrooms to complete the shopping experience. Definately a plus when staying at the property. The rooms by themselves are decent but not over the top which most of the reviews led us to believe. Its pool is definately a highlight and so are the inhouse restaurants. Would recommend to stay if one can manage the inflated rate....

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelindia09

Reviewed 22 September 2011

This was my second time staying at this hotel and I'm booked in again for December. There are some cheap rates around so definitely take advantage of this. The thing that impressed me the most was that all the staff were all equally courteous. You couldn't pick one being better than the other. Obviously they are trained well.

The rooms are spacious if you get a room with one bed. Can be a bit cramped with more than one bed in a room. The amenities are great and the rooms are always very clean. You definitely feel good staying here and there's no need to be one of the wealthier people. I love it and look forward to going back.

1  Thank lueeessa
Reviewed 18 September 2011

we have been here on 5 different occasions so i think i am qualified to comment on this 6 star Hotel. the first time was in a pool view room near the Mirage shop end of the hotel and it was Winter time so only had the 1 swim in June, Next time we had a side room overlooking where the boats come in and that wasnt that good. The next time in a very hot January we asked for the room that has a courtyard off the bedroom.. over looking the pool area. A big mistake because it was too hot and humid to take advantage of the extra space outside so it was a waste of extra money. The next time was also in Summer and we were the Sea World end of the hotel with a pool view room and we liked that best because we were close to the indoor pool which is reminiscent of Italy- Sorrento Palace Pool indoor}. Another time we had a suite with a road view. Now I am very big on views and this is not acceptable to me. Dont get me wrong I love this hotel but I also rate the view, price paid etc. Breakfast is truly amazing especially the salmon, cappacino, service It is the very best on the Gold Coast /Australia but the venue is not peaceful like Sanctuary Cove for example. Every room we have had was lovely but I must mention how narrow the rooms are ,If you need wider rooms get a suite. Shopping next door is plentiful and so are the Restaurants. Over the road you have the best Seafood Buffet of a weekend on the coast. Sorry Versaces. The pool is wonderful but not very private. Best thing to do here is have a massage, swim indoors,Go to Vanitas for degustation menu and shop at Marina Mirage for something special. Have pool service and dont bother going into Surfers Paradise.

Room Tip: Get a suite overlooking the Pool
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Hardiman_11
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is certainly the very best hotel on the Gold Coast. We have stayed here many times and the quality of the public areas, the rooms, the pool, the food and service is extremely high and second to none.

However this would be the most expensive hotel in the region, but if you're prepared to pay, then it is certainly the best!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ones with a view of the pool or lagoon.
4  Thank Hall221
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2011

Dear Hall221,

Thank you so much for returning to Palazzo Versace and it's wonderful to see that you have had another fabulous stay.

We do aim to be the very best and our team takes great care with our facilites and services - we are famous for this attention to detail and it is an important part of Palazzo Versace!

Our room rates are premium but on a national and international scale for a luxury hotel we are very well priced. And we are proud to say the experience is worth it!

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed at PV back in 2007 and we enjoyed it very much.
In Sept 2011 we were visiting the Gold Coast and checked out the reviews of Palazzo Versace prior to booking. Some of the reviews made me doubtful about staying there again with comments it is tired etc.
However we got a great rate and booked again and I am so pleased we did. it is still a super styley property and not tired at all.
The location is away from the main drag of Surfers and for us that was perfect for 3 days of R&R, shopping and dining at the marina was next door. It is right across the road from the beach - perfect for walking off the hearty buffet breakfasts they serve.
The service and facilities were great.
Will be rebooking for next year!

Room Tip: Ask for pool view - it was lovely to wake up to.

Dear Beetlebabe,

I'm so happy you decided to join us again at Palazzo Versace and that you were able to enjoy not only the 'super styley' atmosphere but 3 days of beautiful relaxation. Exactly what you need for a blissful escape!

We also think that our property is in a prime location - Main Beach really is a beautiful area with absolutely everything that you need for a Gold Coast experience and just outside the city centre too!

I'm delighted you enjoyed the Palazzo Versace experience and we look forward to welcoming you back next year. Please contact me when you are ready to make your next reservation.

Reviewed 10 September 2011

What a beautiful hotel!Beautiful staff beautiful atmosphere everything was great!It has bin a while now since my stay and I really would love to go back!I am starting to save every spare dollar so that I could take my beautiful girl friend to show her what luxury really is!If I had the money I would stay there once a month or even live there if I could!If you only stay in one hotel in your life THIS IS IT!10 STARS!

• Stayed: October 2010

Dear Jazza2011

Wow - 10 stars!! Thank you so much for your amazing review and it's fantastic to see that you emersed yourself in everything Palazzo Versace during your stay last year.

We are very proud of our hotel and it's unique experiences and if you really let go of the day to day, you can have the most luxurious experience.

Please do come back and visit - we look forward to seeing you again.

Guest Relations Manager

ps - we do have residents here at Palazzo Versace, just incase you ever feel like moving in!

Reviewed 9 September 2011

Keep them wannabe celebs in the jungle, it was very comfortable, but not really my bag. Not overpriced but I thought the restaurant was not that good. I remember most meals but dinner was a memory in the past. Pool was great with sand etc., great. A treat for your wife and children if you are in Brisbane. It's a bit Prada! If you like that sort of thing.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Vallhalla1,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm happy that you did at least find comfort during your stay at Palazzo Versace. We are a fully fashion branded hotel so I can appreciate that our hotel is not to everyone's taste.

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your dining experience but I would love to hear the details about why you were not satisfied. Please feel free to contact me at grm@palazzoversace.com.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
Peppers Broadbeach
#2 of 7 in Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Southport
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!