The hotel itself is very beautifully designed. But the service is really not up to the level of a luxury 5 star hotel. I will list only facts:
1) during one of the lunches at the pool side, I've found a huge bug in my salad! The manager removed the lunch from our bill and gave us a bottle of free sparkling wine, but I've never eaten anything in this bar afterwards
2) we ordered a welcome package with champaigne in advance. When we arrived it was not there. It was brought only after several calls to reception and several hours of waiting.
3) When calling guest service by phone - around 5 times nobody picked up
4) once we waited for concierge for 20 mins to come back to his desk
5) my husband booked a romantic bath package for our anniversary. We were very surprised, when we arrived to the room and the package was not there. When we asked the reception, what happened, they said, that by accident they set up this package for our neighbours (!). In the end they offered us this packege free of charge but 1 day later.
5) once they changed our beach towels for the wet ones.
6) our bed linens were not chaged during the week of our stay
7) staff at the pool had double standards: there was a lady - a friend of the manager each day putting a towel on the sunbed and leaving the pool area for several hours (although the was a rule that you can leave the sun bed for not longer than 30 mins, otherwise it will be occupied by other people). We were renting a cabana for 5 days in a row and once we decided to take a standard sunbed as the weather was very bed and there was no one around the pool area. Imagine our surprise, when we returned from the shop (being away for 15mins) and our things was taken off the sunbed and put on the floor and there was no people waiting for a sunbed around! the place was empty!
=> this hotel is not worth its pricetag!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in. With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Australia/Gold Coast