“Very poor service in a very beautiful hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Moscow, Russia
“Very poor service in a very beautiful hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

The hotel itself is very beautifully designed. But the service is really not up to the level of a luxury 5 star hotel. I will list only facts:
1) during one of the lunches at the pool side, I've found a huge bug in my salad! The manager removed the lunch from our bill and gave us a bottle of free sparkling wine, but I've never eaten anything in this bar afterwards
2) we ordered a welcome package with champaigne in advance. When we arrived it was not there. It was brought only after several calls to reception and several hours of waiting.
3) When calling guest service by phone - around 5 times nobody picked up
4) once we waited for concierge for 20 mins to come back to his desk
5) my husband booked a romantic bath package for our anniversary. We were very surprised, when we arrived to the room and the package was not there. When we asked the reception, what happened, they said, that by accident they set up this package for our neighbours (!). In the end they offered us this packege free of charge but 1 day later.
5) once they changed our beach towels for the wet ones.
6) our bed linens were not chaged during the week of our stay
7) staff at the pool had double standards: there was a lady - a friend of the manager each day putting a towel on the sunbed and leaving the pool area for several hours (although the was a rule that you can leave the sun bed for not longer than 30 mins, otherwise it will be occupied by other people). We were renting a cabana for 5 days in a row and once we decided to take a standard sunbed as the weather was very bed and there was no one around the pool area. Imagine our surprise, when we returned from the shop (being away for 15mins) and our things was taken off the sunbed and put on the floor and there was no people waiting for a sunbed around! the place was empty!
=> this hotel is not worth its pricetag!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KSB1984
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 21 April 2012
Dear KS Bazenhova,

Thank you for taking time to write your candid review on Palazzo Versace. There appears to be some mishaps and genuine misunderstandings and we apologise that your expectations were not met during your stay with us.

Regarding your first concern, all of our food products are reviewed thoroughly before delivery to our guests and the bug would have no doubt come from the gardens - with your feedback we are sourcing new ideas to ensure that guests are able to enjoy their poolside dining without this concern.

Champagne services are always delivered upon (or after) guest arrival - this is to ensure that it is chilled at the perfect temperature for your enjoyment. We do apologise that the delivery of your request was delayed though as this would have impacted your first impressions.

I can assure you our Guest Services line is staffed 24 hours and at times does experience high volumes of incoming calls...especially during peak periods (including January when you stayed). This also applies to our Concierge team - as a service focused hotel we are not limited to only one desk and can assist guests in many areas. I personally find it hard to believe that no one assisted you with a 20 minute time frame as many team members are in the lobby.

However, we are trully sorry about the Romance Package not being set up correctly for your Anniversary. This is the result of human error and incredibly disappoining when you are celebrating such a special occassion.

According to our records our Housekeeping Team did change bed linen and the only time we would not offer this service is if a guest requests their room to be listed as 'Do Not Disturb'.

Finally to the Water Salon. We have a time policy in place to ensure that all hotel guests are able to experience the pool area. Towels and items may be removed after long periods for this reason and also to ensure the safety of guests personal goods. Unfortunately, your items being on the floor after 15 minutes is a mystery and our team (again by policy) would never place personal possessions on the ground. I would also be confused by this.

KS Bazenhova we would love the opportunity to turn around your Palazzo Versace experience and to show you the service excellence we are famous for. Please contact me directly for any future reservations so we can ensure your next stay is a success.

Best regards,

Nickie Warton
Guest Relations Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

I have promised to myself that I will stay in as many luxury hotels as possible. As Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is the closest, my journey started in March 2011. Our limousine waited for us at the airport , and nicely dressed and polite driver greeted us and i thought, wow this will be something different. Trip to the hotel was very pleasant as we dialoged and laughed all the way, so much so that we requested to have same driver should we come back. Versace foyer is so beautiful and smells delicious as they pump some kind of oil through air conditioning.It is not overpowering and will stay with you for long time as a memory, staff was very fast and efficient to get us to our room which was absolutely amazing. Lagoon suite. Furniture, bed linnen, ohso plump and I could sleep forever, glasses, cups... everything is Versace. If you like Versace style you are in heaven. The only thing I did not find practical was glass door to lavatory as there is no wall between room and bathroom/lavatory. Our room was facing swimming pool, as I thing this view is the best, so look for that. If you stay over weekend, maybe you will be lucky to enjoy fresh produce market in Marina Mirage complex next door, as you will like to explore this shopping centre.I like daily walk. I have to say their breakfast is soooo goood , yuumi, but not only taste, other senses are carressed, beautiful soft music, delicious smell and great sight, table and chairs are so comfortable. I have to say my mornings were the best. Staff in the restaurant in the morning is so much better than in the evening, I don't know why, but i found them being alert and very helpful to our needs while in the evening not so much. Neverthelss, I liked it so much that we have visited once more in November 2011, for my birthday. In the lift I was greeted by staff member and congratulated, upon entering my room I was breathless seeing the most beautiful bouquet of flowers with Versace birthday card. I don't mind the weather staying in this luxury,if it is rainy day you will be provided with an umbrella if you want to go for a walk, as it was in March 2011, but this time was sunny every day so we used the pool and their towels are to die for. Cleanliness is excellent, staff is very polite, if you can try massage near the pool, rent one of the canopies.When you leave limo is there to take you to the airport and no hassle whatsoever. All in all loved it.

Room Tip: Lagoon suite overlooking the pool
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank suzie-luvs-travel
Warwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

We started off with a "suite" overlooking the road which we were not too impressed with so we upgraded to a lagoon suite overlooking the pool (and sea) which was gorgeous.

Pure luxury and elegance with all the extras you would expect: sumptious bedding that you didnt want to leave, lovely products, gorgeous quality bathrobes and beach towels,

The pool area was truly spectacular although it was $50 to rent a cabana which I thought was a bit cheeky considering the price of the rooms. Food by the pool was lovely and the cocktails went down well too. I was tipped off that the water was very cold so didnt venture in.

We had the buffet breakfast included which was fabulous and we also had an evening buffet which was a bit pricey but was excellent.

The other night we ate at a restaurant recommended to us- moo moo - which was fantastic.

All in all a fabulous hotel which I would love to return to :)

Room Tip: Pool / sea view beautiful but marina view would also be nice.... certainly didnt like our initial ro...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stopped here for a birthday weekend away, booked a lagoon king room which included breakfast, booked direct with the hotel.
We dropped our bags off with the doorman and parked the car ourselves as the valet was $30, though I did think this was free, perhaps this has changed? Parking wasn’t a problem anyway.
Lobby is very nice, had a couple of drinks in the bar in there, Le Jardin, not too badly priced really compared to other places nearby. Our room was a good size with a nice view over the pool. The room was very clean, tidy just as you would expect. I think just about everything in there had the Versace logo on it!
Spent plenty of time down at the pool, as it wasn’t the weekend it was pretty quiet so getting a sun lounger bean bag or traditional lounger wasn’t a problem, same for a floater for the pool. We also booked the couples massage in the Spa which was excellent.
Service from start to finish was excellent, all staff were friendly and helpful. Buffet breakfast was good, there was a good selection of food available, though if it wasn’t included I’d probably venture out of the hotel somewhere.
Only downsides were as some of the other reviews mention, some of the communal areas do need some attention. For example missing mosaic tiles in the Spa. I was also a little disappointed that the Sauna and Steam Room in the Spa were not switched on, while the steam room did get up to temperature after ten minutes or so, the sauna didn’t in the whole time I spent in there (around an hour). Note you also need to book into the Spa to use the facilities.
We would stop there again, it’s a great hotel for a special getaway or a little indulgence.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

Wow! Everything about this hotel is just great, classy and elegant without being pretentious.
The staff are all really helpfull and friendly and the pool is amazing although a little too cold!
We had a standard room which was lovely, it overlooked the shopping centre next door rather than the road and was really quiet.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

This Hotel is truly a touch of old world elegance without being pretentious. From the moment we arrived the staff were very helpful and attentive, arranging bookings so we could access our room straight away even though it was only 11.00am. The room was lovely, reminding me of the style seen in old movies of English hotels in Cairo or India. The buffett breakfast was excellent, representing food from all cultures. We loved the pool area, very beautiful, and enjoyed the lobby bar and Vie restaurant. We ordered room service one night and it was served with style. My husband and I stayed for three nights which gave us time to relax and enjoy the experience. And the bed, OMG, I want the Pillows!

Room Tip: I notice most people are saying choose a room overlooking the pool but we had a room overlooking the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Parramatta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

This place is absoltely georgeous, from the time we checked in to the time we left was absolute bliss... the ameneties, the cleanliness, the service and the staff were all outstanding. The service i found to be senstational, every single staff member i encountered had a smile on their face and were happy to help u with anything.... it was a joy to stay there and am going back again next year!!

Room Tip: any room would be a good room i would think :)
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear JuliecParramatta,

It's wonderful to see that you had such a blissful stay and took the opportunity to experience the best of Palazzo Versace. We do have a fantastic team who takes great pride in product delivery and guest care and it's delightful that you were impressed by the service excellence they offered.

Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,

#13 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,097 reviews
Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!