“Lovely!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Stock, United Kingdom
“Lovely!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Had just one night here, but it was enough to hook me! The hotel is opulent, calming and splendid. Our room overlooked the pool complex which itself (even in winter) was lovely. The room was very well equipped, the bed was large and very comfortable and all room amenities were great. My only small concern was the “open plan” bathroom and bedroom meant that the loo (which only had a partial glass door) is virtually in the bedroom – not so nice. But other than that everything was lovely and I would recommend this as a nice luxury stay hotel on the Gold Coast. At in the hotel’s “Vie” restaurant which was outstanding!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank quin-i-bog
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear quin-i-bog

Thank you for taking the time to review Palazzo Versace.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (458)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Stayed here 4 nights. Everything about this hotel is amazing. From the huge marbled entrance to the swimming pool that wraps around the hotel. This is luxury at its finest. Service was great . I loved how everything in the room had a little Versace medusa . The rooms were big with luxury classic style furniture and marble floors throughout. My room had a very nice veranda with a nice sea view. This hotel was expensive yes but worth every dollar. If you want to experience a top luxury hotel stay here you will not be disappointed.

Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Rock H
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 17 July 2013
Dear Rock H

Thank you for staying at Palazzo Versace and for providing such a flattering review!

We believe that Palazzo Versace offers unparalleled luxury, and are very proud of the product and level of service that we offer.

One of our most impressive attributes is indeed Palazzo Versace's foyer which creates quite the impression upon arrival. Our beautiful foyer (which is admired by many) had most of its marble imported from Italy and the rare blue marble that you can see is from Brazil.

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your wonderful experience, and hope that you will return to stay with us again soon.

Northern Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Beautiful hotel, helpful staff, wonderful pool and comfortable, if just a little small, rooms - would recommend for a visit without hesitation. There's plenty to see and do in and around the area as well so there is no shortage of things to keep you entertained. No real complaints about the hotel, would go back tomorrow!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night and were impressed particularly with the check-in and service which was professional and understated. For a hotel of this age it still looks good and shows the normal wear and tear one would expect. With the buffet breakfast, there is are so many choices and it caters for everyone's taste. We could heartily recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I'd upgrade to a lagoon room as the standard room would be looking over roads etc.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Dear Lucy321

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Palazzo Versace and that you were impressed with the service that you received.

We believe in providing an ‘experience’ for our guests, not just a stay.

Throughout our guests stay at Palazzo Versace, our friendly and professional team will always aim to provide subtle but dedicated service to ensure maximum satisfaction.

We agree that the varietal dining options, coupled with the timeless Versace décor throughout the hotel are an integral part of our appeal.

Thank you for choosing to stay at Palazzo Versace.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Can't speak highly enough of my experience here again.
Have stayed here on different purposes, business, family and also marathon weekend.
Staff members I dealt with were fantastic, service by the pool and also Shaun at Concierge attended to some smaller details which made the stay even better.
Buffet breakfast is a must
Looking forward to returning ASAP

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Dear GTCJOT

Wonderful review! Thank you for taking the time to let us know.

Gold Coast Marathon weekend was a very busy weekend indeed for us at Palazzo Versace. Our location was ideally located for the race, and we had many keen runners stay throughout the weekend (we also had plenty of hungry competitors return to feast from our buffet breakfast on Sunday morning). All in all it was a great event, and a fantastic weekend.

GTCJOT, thank you for once again choosing to stay at Palazzo Versace.

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

Since I've been in Australia, I always wanted to stay at Palazzo Versace as it is the only one hotel in the world.

I got a really good deal for one night with buffet breakfast through visa platinum and whenever I book from third party, I'm always worried of how we will be treated and plus that what room will be allocated to us because of the price we paid but all my worries were proven wrong.

We got to the hotel after a long drive from Coffs Harbour, it was just what I wanted to end my holidays with my last stop in GOld Coast and I was glad that I stayed at Palazzo Versace.

Upon driving to the front door of the hotel, concierge staff opened the car door and removed our luggage from the car. They opened the door to the hotel and showed us the check in area. They took care of the luggage and the luggage was in the room when we got to our room after check in and we didn't even had to wait. They were very friendly and asked us how was our day etc. During check in, you sit down on the chairs for the check in and again staff at front desk were very friendly and welcoming. First impression when you enter the hotel, makes you feel that you stepped in luxury and scents and relaxing music in the lobby tops it off.

We booked superior room and we were given room on 3rd floor with good views, which I think is good for the price paid. As going up to the floor and walking to the hotel room through the corridors, I don't think the hotel is outdating or showing age. (As mentioned in some reviews). Interior is very modern and is really luxurious as you walk through the corridors.

On entering into the room, everything from the furniture to the beddings to the amenities, bathroom, minibar and everything else in the room is modern and elegant. Every thing like chair covers, table, glasses towels had versace medusa on them (which is also available for purchase from their boutique shop). Superior room is decent size with king bed and comfortable pillows and mattress. It has decent size bathroom with seperate shower and toilet and with big spa bath. Mini bar has everything to make the stay more comfortable. Little touches to the room was very luxury and romantic if couple staying.

As the weather was rainy, it was a good opportunity to explore hotel's restaurant and bar but except the pool. I had some cocktails at Le Jardin bar, which were amazing. Highly recommend to try Mai Tai. Staff at the bar were friendly and very professional as you expect in a five star hotel. Then we proceeded to have dinner at Il Barocca restaurant for buffet seafood dinner ($82 for seafood buffet and $62 for non seafood buffet). Prior to making reservations, I asked staff about the options available for people who don't eat seafood and one of the staff at the restaurant which also looked after us for the night was very helpful, (I don't remember his name but he was in his black suit, Asian with glasses) showed me around the buffet and dishes and what options are available. I was glad that I had dinner there as I left the restaurant satisfied. We were given a good table away from the crowd which we liked and service delivered by that same staff member was exceptional. We also had buffet breakfast in the same restaurant and again it had plenty of varieties and good breakfast. Chef who made my omelette was very friendly too.

Self parking is available for free under the hotel or can pay $30 for a valet car park.

Overall, my stay met my expectations of what I thought to be from Palazzo Versace and I would happily return again and would happily recommend to anyone who is thinking to stay here. I must say some of the reviews here on tripadvisor about the hotel's appearance being outdated is not true as I did waked around the hotel.

It is a true five star hotel and if you want to stay somewhere nice and luxurious this is the hotel. I've stayed at Hilton and other 5 star hotels in Gold Coast but nothing can beat Palazzo Versace's stay/ service.

• Stayed June 2013
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Luxurious88

Thank very much for your detailed review of your stay at Palazzo Versace.

It gives me great pleasure that every aspect of your stay was so positive, and I am extremely grateful that you took the time to write and recognise our hotel and the 5* service that that aim to provide to all our guests.

We hope that you return to stay with us at Palazzo Versace very soon.

Perth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

Arrived at hotel we where in a hire car sorry not a Audi a8 but i do have one but the Conceirge where very lazy rooms where falling apart when leavening and having a shower the shower head flew off hit me in the head i fell and hit my head on the shower sceen hotel did not care gave my wife a box of reject chocolate but nothing for me the worst hotel we have been and shame on you russell durnell for not careing about a client who where celebration on there 30 years of marriage your letter of reply to us was dreadful

Room Tip: Do your homework the one we had was the worst
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Nigel F
PVGC, General Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Dear Nigel F

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor regarding your stay.

We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service at Palazzo Versace and all staff members who attended to you are extremely disappointed to read the account of your experience, especially our Assistant Front Office Manager Scott and Rooms Division Manager Ondrej who went to great lengths to ensure you enjoyed your stay, assist you with your mishap in your room and follow up with you on your return home.

I’m very sorry that you feel we did not convey care and our offers of conciliation were not to your satisfaction, this is certainly not our intention. I would like to reiterate that I offer my personal assistance to ensure the most enjoyable stay possible for any future visits. Please contact me at the hotel if I can be of further assistance.

Yours in good faith

#13 of 32 in Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,134 reviews
Meriton Serviced Apartments - Broadbeach
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!