Palazzo Versace
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sundale Motel(Southport)
Maldives Resort(Main Beach)
  • Pool
Sea World Resort(Main Beach)
  • Spa
  • Restaurant
2,160 results
All reviewshigh teail baroccole jardinsuperior suitevie restaurantthe gold coastturn down servicelagoon suiteseafood buffetbeautiful hotelmarina mirageoil burnerpool areapool staffspa bathlittle thingsacross the road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2014

December I purchased a gift voucher from the Palazzo Versace for Il Barooca restaurant. This was, as most vouchers are, a Christmas gift. The people that I gave the voucher to dined at this restaurant on Saturday night 18 Jan. I wasn’t one of the people dining, in fact I was at home in another State.

Sunday morning I found a $300 charge made by this hotel against my credit card. As of this minute I still do not have a satisfactory explanation from the Guest Relations Manager, as to why this happened. What I was told was that hotel had taken a pre authorise payment from my card, which is normal procedures when you stay at this Hotel.

Two things really concern me in regards to this explanation.
1st I wasn’t a guest at this Hotel on the night in question, as a matter of fact I have never been to the Palazzo Versace.
2nd The staff working in this hotel clearly have access to people’s credit card details when they are not even there – very dangerous indeed.
I have heard of this happening in Europe but never in Australia.

To add insult to injury the party of three dining on the night were asked to pay an extra $40 for the meals on top of what I had paid for the voucher. The reason given to them by the staff was that they only had an $89 Seafood buffet available on Saturday nights. When I purchased the voucher the online menu clearly states, and I have copy of it, that there is an $89 seafood buffet and $69 non seafood buffet available on Saturday nights. This is the very reason I picked this restaurant because two of the guest are highly allergic to seafood but love buffets.

The form that I filled in to purchase the voucher does not ask anywhere on it to pre choose a menu option. I was told once again by the Guest Relations Manager, that this was actually my fault as I should have pre order their dinner? Is she for real!!!!

The outcome of this was that she offered to refund the guests the $40. She did not even try to go some way to redeeming this entire mess by offering to also refund their drinks as well. After all they only had a couple of soft drinks and one glass of Wine. Not a huge expense to a hotel of this size and especially given they had $300 of my money!

The way you handle a potentially explosive situation says a lot about a Company. The way they have handle this was absolutely appalling and the Guest Relations Manager desperately needs to be sent for urgent Customer Service Training.

Would never visit this Hotel EVER.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Karen D
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Karen D

First and foremost we extend our most sincere and unreserved apologies for what was an inexcusable human error made in the processing of your gift voucher. We genuinely thank you for contacting us to alert us of this problem and acknowledge the seriousness of this situation. As a result of you contacting us we have undertaken measures to ensure a mistake such as this can never be repeated.

As such, we have launched a secure online gift voucher page to our website, that automates the selection, booking, payment and processing of all our hotel experiences. This new site and system puts the control of the booking in the hands of the customer and does not allow for payment error, misunderstandings or confusing variables which unfortunately you experienced first-hand.

We understand why this situation has caused bad will and created a poor impression of our hotel and can assure you that no fraudulent activity was undertaken at any time but we hope our rectification of the issue will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.

Regards

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed for 4 nights at this hotel which was my second stay. Same problems as last time. The check in is a nightmare. The staff are incompetent. The property is very nice with good facilities but let down by awful service throughout the hotel. I have rated it 4 but that is generous.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Cyprusmag
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This hotel was amazing. From the minute you walked through the doors with it's beautiful scent, friendly and helpful staff and of course the delicious food. Away for a girls weekend we felt pampered and relaxed by the time our 2 night stay was up. We didn't want to leave.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gail_Norris
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Gail_Norris

Our hotel offers the ultimate in luxury - it's the perfect escape from everyday life, and everyone deserves a little bit of indulgence now and again.

It was wonderful to hear that your Girl's weekend was such a success, and that you all felt refreshed and pampered after your stay with us at Palazzo Versace!

Gail_Norris, we are looking forward to welcoming you and the ladies back soon.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I visited with my family last year, and it is so nice here. We only visited for dinner, which was lovely. I tried so many new things one of which I unfortunately cannot remember the name of and would love to try again. The outside pool area looked amazing with the lounge beds, and the entrance hall part is beautiful. A must have visit when in the city!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sian2392
Reviewed 21 January 2014

awesome location, fantastic surroundings. service was a little over the top. they did not allow our son to come visit us and was quite rude. not great service. although your hotel is beautiful, you were not very hospitable. will not stay here again. better hotels for cheaper prices. too far from surfers

Room Tip: go to another hotel and stay away from this one.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank debbie1961255068
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear debbie1961255068

Thank you for providing us with your recent feedback.

I was perplexed to read your comments about your son being unable to visit you during your stay-as we openly encourage outside guests to visit our hotel and outlets. All of our restaurants, Aurora Day Spa, and public areas are available for outside guests to enjoy at their leisure - in fact we have many regular guests that frequently return to enjoy the many facilties that we have on offer at Palazzo Versace.
Our pool area is the only area that is for in-house guests only - and as space is at a premium at our hotel - and licensing only covers the in-house guests, we are only able to permit visitors staying at our establishment.

I do apologise that on this occasion this caused an inconvenience for you and your family.

Warm Regards