Palazzo Versace
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sundale Motel(Southport)
Maldives Resort(Main Beach)
  • Pool
Sea World Resort(Main Beach)
  • Spa
  • Restaurant
2,160 results
All reviewshigh teail baroccole jardinsuperior suitevie restaurantthe gold coastturn down servicelagoon suiteseafood buffetbeautiful hotelmarina mirageoil burnerpool areapool staffspa bathlittle thingsacross the road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2014

my wife booked a condo with private pool for three nights for my 50th.for the price we paid let me tell you we could have gone to hamilton island and stayed in a private resort.No free valet parking, $30 per day more if we wanted that, no pool , when we asked about the pool we were told our travel agent had not booked one for us , waited almost 3 hours while they worked out who was going to pay for the pool upgrade. Finally got our condo with a pool, no one to move our luggage to the right condo , maybe that was an extra too. The pool underwater light not working, they said a technician would fix it but three days later it still was not fixed. I stated to the staff at the front desk that for the money we were paying these things should be working. Anyway we couldn't swim as the water was slimy , i don't think it had been cleaned for some time.More attention on customer service and not thinking that the customer should feel privileged to stay and pay . Very Very Disappointing , cross that off our list of places to stay

Room Tip: check in advance to make sure you get what you think you've paid for
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank tony b
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Afternoon tea was a very good experience, the variety of the food was excellent, proper proportions,served at the correct temperature, and the taste was yummy ! we asked for and got a second teapot, but we were charged extra for it -pretty mean I think,as the silver pots were not big enough to accommodate enough for us.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear jayGalway

Thank you for letting us know about your recent dining experience at Palazzo Versace.

High Tea is certainly a delicous way to spend an afternoon!

Warm Regards

Leah Rasmussen
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Palazzo Versace is (and maybe was) me and my fiance's favourite hotel. We go there for nearly all of our special occasions to stay for a night. We loved it so much we are even going to be having our wedding ceremony and our reception there at the end of the year.

However, for the past few times we've stayed, the service started to become poorer and poorer.
1. Once we went there and there were NO ONE at all at the front to help with our luggage. We had quite a few because it was for my bday and my fiance had presents and things he was gonna decorate the room with all in bags. That was pretty slack in my opinion

2. Another time we stayed there, when we went for the breakfast that was included in the booking, my fiance was told to either return to the room and change his tank top to either a t-shirt or a jacket or else he was not allowed in as it was the dress code (he was wearing enclosed shoes). We had no choice so we did. The next time we stayed (also had breakfast too), we saw most of the male guests were wearing tank tops AND thongs and no one said anything...and I also saw a sign which I never took notice of (but did this time) that said "no beachwear after 5pm in any dining area", and I did not understand why we were not being allowed into the buffet restaurant when it was even BEFORE noon.

3. Last time we were there at the concierge and waited for at least 20 min. When it was finally our turn, we were just about to walk to the chairs and the person at the concierge immediate stood up, did not look at us even for ONE second and served another lady first who walked over only when I was about to take a seat at the chair. I WAS not happy at that time.

4. Today my fiance and I were there as we had an appointment with the wedding planner. She was very very friendly, professional and polite and we loved her. She helped us with the check in and everything was ok, UNTIL breakfast time AGAIN.
The table we were lead to had things missing here and there and were obviously not prepared properly, which I overlooked it as it was quite busy. After we were seated, and had gone up one round for food, we went up the 2nd round and we were stopped near the cold food section by a waitress who said very loudly and in our face " you have to get checked off to be able to come in here". I wouldn't have mind it if she came to our table and to double check if we were checked off, but instead she said it loudly where guests were all around us and people around looked at us as if we sneaked in.

5. The bath drain had a piece of something (did not wanna look at it) that floated out into our bath when we to some water out to add more cold water......I got up immediately and didn't feel too pleasant...but I guess this was not a "training" or human

Palazzo Versace always had FIRST ranking out of all the hotels I've stayed either here or overseas. It used to have perfect AND friendly AND professional service. However for the past few (more than a few) times we've stayed, the service dropped right down to poor and it does ruin our day for us (and definitely ruined my morning today which as a huge shame as it as it as our early valentines day celebration).

We are about to spend QUITE A LOT of money there for our wedding ceremony and reception (it was me and my fiance's favourite hotel and always has been our special thing to stay there for a night just to relax, he even proposed there..), I am HOPING that everything WILL be exceeding standard as it is going to be our special day, and our family and friends will be spending the night there also...

In summary, used to have a MORE THAN PERFECT stay, NOW I'LL BE HAPPY JUST TO LEAVE THERE WITHOUT FEELING LIKE IVE JUST WASTED MONEY ON POOR SERVICE

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank nhung33
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I booked this hotel for my husband’s (?) milestone birthday.
On arrival at reception we were promptly checked in and offered a room upgrade as we were celebrating a special day. What a lovely surprise.
Our room was located on the 2nd floor overlooking the pool. The room was amazing, king size bed with spa bath. Furnishings were exceptional and the room was spotless.
From the time we walked in to the hotel till the time we left the service was excellent. One could not ask for a nicer experience.
It was a truly beautiful and relaxing way to spend my husband’s birthday. Thank you for making it so special for us.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Couldnt have asked for a better place to have a bridal shower for my new sister. The girls were all very excited with the luxury and standard of all aspects of our stay. The staff were all very freidnly and have obviously received top-notch customer service training. Everyone went out of their way to help us. Sindy at check-in was lovely, and everytime I made a phone call prior to the stay I received excellent service with the best manners. Im very impressed that Versace managed to live up to expectations. (above and beyond!)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear belthur

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review regarding your recent experience at Palazzo Versace.

I was delighted that you had such a wonderful experience for such a special and memorable time in your life.

We look forward to welcoming you back - (maybe as a Mrs next time). Congratualations + Good Luck on your impending nuptials.

Warm Regards