I went to the Palazzo expecting to find a big, brash resort verging on the vulgar, but, despite some hiccoughs, left with a much more positive opinion.
The highlights of the hotel are the exquisitely appointed rooms, quiet and comfortable. The duvet and pillows are the best I have ever encountered.
The swimming pool is also great; large enough to feel like you have your own space despite the surrounds feeling quiet busy.
We went to the buffet restaurant for dinner at 8:30pm. The kitchen staff were disinterested in replenishing some of the main dishes (sashimi, lamb, pork), despite the buffet being open until 10pm. Thankfully the floor staff were more professional, and rescued the situation by fetching us dishes straight from the kitchen. The floor staff were exemplary. The food itself was OK, perhaps slightly expensive for the quality.
The bar/ lobby area feels small and crowded for a five star hotel, although sumptuously decorated. On this trip we popped across the road to the Shereton Mirage for a drink at the bar, and this space, despite being much older, felt more spacious and fitting for a five star hotel. A minor gripe. I think many people holiday at the Versace to see and to be seen - just not me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in. With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Australia/Gold Coast