“Pure Luxury” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palazzo Versace

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Western Australia
“Pure Luxury”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Having lived on the North Coast of NSW for a few years I had previously had the pleasure of having a family Christmas at Palazzo Versace which was just wonderful and I had always wanted to stay at the hotel but had never had the chance until this month - the wait was certainly worth it!

This place is devine - the service is astute, efficient, attentive and professional!
From the moment you walk through the door - you could almost imagine that you were not even in Australia but in some far off exotic land!

The room was spectacular, food was amazing, service as mentioned above.

I have stayed in ALOT of hotels over the years and I have to say that Palazzo Versace has far exceeded my expectations!

I will definitely be returning - this will be my first choice when visiting the Gold Coast in the future - I just wish my 2 night stay was for much longer!

Keep up the great standard guys - I have already encouraged many of my friends to make a stay with you!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I suppose it is one of those things you might like to tick off the list. Yes the decor is amazing and the rooms are lovely but is it worth the price well I'm not sure. The attention to detail is superb, however I would have enjoyed a quieter breakfast area.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Verien

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

Our buffet breakfast is a huge attraction for both in-house guests and locals alike, with many regulars returning time and time again - I do agree that Sundays are very popular.

I do hope that you take the opportunity to return and sample our buffet breakfast once again.

Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Recently I have stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It was my second stay in 10 years, and it was again beautiful experience. with typical Versace style, comfort, desighn, beauty, luxury.The staff very helpful and caring without imposing. The buffer breakfast could be improved to have wo factor to match the rest of th hotel. loking forward toanother stay at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: On both occasions I stayed in lagoon room with balcony, I would recommend this room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear Bernadette17

It was wonderful to hear you that you had yet another beautiful experience in the world’s first fashion branded hotel - Palazzo Versace! Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed here for a conference, so admittedly did not get to see / use all the hotels facilities. The place really is something else. It is beautiful as you would expect with the Versace name. The food was amazing and the staff were very friendly.

However, given all the hype I had heard about this hotel, I was expecting something more. I was certainly not disappointed because the place really is nice (as you would expect with the room rates), but I was just a bit underwhelmed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank JamieT8175
Dear JamieT8175

Thank you for your review.

Palazzo Versace prides itself on offering the ultimate in luxury and superior customer service, and for providing that 'wow factor', and I'm disappointed on this occasion that we were unable to do this for you.

Should you have the time, I would be interested in your thoughts regarding your recent stay, and I can be contacted at grm@palazzoversace.com.au

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We have just returned from another great Mother's Day weekend getaway at the Palazzo Versace. My daughter and I have made this an annual event since she was 16, and she is now 25! We have seen changes over the years, people come and go, however the beautiful opulence remains unchained. We love the Versace style decorations through out the hotel and the rooms, it is luxury personified.

The rooms are big and comfortable and the bathroom has a huge spa bath,I love how you are made to feel welcome from all of the staff. We were also acknowledged as return guests which also makes you feel special.

This year we also had two of my closest girlfriends and their daughters celebrate Mothers Day, it was really special, we made some beautiful memories they we will always remember. We enjoyed the brilliant weather of the GC with cocktails and lunch by the pool. We also enjoyed Vie restaurant during our stay, the food and service were fabulous.

We all agreed we would love to do a girls weekend getaway again! My daughter and I will be back again for Mothers Day next year, if not before!

If you love good service, comfortable beds, yummy fresh food, great cocktail menu and beautiful ambience, then you will love staying at the Palazzo Versace.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mary-Anne L

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor.

It was wonderful to hear that you and your daughter have spent the past nine years celebrating Mothers Day with us at Palazzo Versace. What a wonderful tradition you have created, and one that we hope you and your daughter will enjoy for many years to come (and perhaps her daughter in time).

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

Expected special
Reality....somewhat disappointing
The Sheraton across the road...now this IS special
I had no idea they were right beside one another
Oceanside hotel really has the WOW going with the series of pools facing the beach
Service also efficient, friendly and helpful. The staff at Versace seem...nervous? unhappy maybe, distracted...perhaps we were there on a bad weekend

Room Tip: Rooms across at Sheraton are bigger, and have ocean views
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear chihuahua_11

It is disappointing to read a review such as yours, and as requested I would be very interested in speaking with you to better understand your feedback.

You are correct in saying that our hotel is not located on the surfside, however we do offer wonderful views of the Broadwater - especially magic at sunset.

Should you have the time, I would love the opportunity to further discuss your review and I can be reached at grm@palazzoversace.com.au or by phoning 5509 8000.

Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

While I'm in a reviewing mood, went end of last year for weekend getaway must have been public holiday can't remember but booked and got a room that was right at the end and a view of picnic tables on the street. Was preg and had a toddler so not the most ideal. I think this is what happens when u book third party. We booked well in advance so any excuses of rooms being full would be crap. Entrance and bathroom was luxurious as was the 5kg thick bathrobe...loved. Room decor not so much. Pool and foyer beautiful. Buffet was great. Piano playing set the scene. Sand pool area was much enjoyed by our toddler.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Dear Mrsandmrj

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts from your visit last year.

Please be assured that we will always endeavour to accommodate any room requests made prior to your arrival (this can be done with one of our dedicated Palazzo Versace Reservations team). Once at the hotel, should the room that you have been allocated not meet your needs, our Front Office team will do their best to assist in finding the best room available. We understand that guests have different preferences, and our aim is to ensure that everyone leaves our hotel with fond memories and the desire to return.

Should you choose to return in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me at grm@palazzoversace.com.au and I will be more than happy to personally handle your reservation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
#13 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,100 reviews
Sofitel Gold Coast Broadbeach
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!