“AWESOME”
Review of Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 24 May 2014

CRY PLACE WITH MORE THAT YOU CAN IMAGINE, THE BEST HOTEL I'VE EVER BEEN IN. Having lived on the North Coast of NSW for a few years I had previously had the pleasure of having a family Christmas at Palazzo Versace which was just wonderful and I had always wanted to stay at the hotel but had never had the chance until this month - the wait was certainly worth it!

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear John L

I am pleased to hear that you finally made it to Palazzo Versace! .. and more importantly enjoyed your stay!

I do hope that you won't wait as long next time to return for a follow up visit.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I don't usually write reviews in fact I've never submitted one, but after staying at the Versace for 3 fantastic nights I felt compelled to.
What a fantastic short stay we had 16th-19th May from the moment we walked in we were greeted with warmth and fantastic service. The staff are knowledgable, helpful attentive and most of all they all had a smile which for me made my trip.
I've stayed in many a 5* hotel around the world but the Versace is well and truly up there with the best for customer service and opulent surroundings.
The room was immaculate, the bed was so comfy I wanted to take it home with us I usually struggle to get to sleep usually in hotels not at the Versace.
We also had dinner at vanitas which was outstanding the food really was first class fine dining and well worth the $98 price tag and I recommend this restaurant to anyone staying at the hotel it's a must.
The Versace was an amazing weekend from start to finish and I'm so looking forward to our next visit in the near future.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a beautiful, extravagant place to stay. We stayed in a lagoon view suite which provided a great view across the property. The setting is everything you would expect from a Versace property - including the man made beach at the edge of the lagoon to overcome the lack of beachfront access. For all of this, it was still only reasonable value for the price given its the upper end of what we normally pay when travelling. (See my other reviews - I stay at plenty of places in the 300-600 dollar per night range). The main 'negative' as such was the hit and miss service level we experienced. In particular, staff seemed initially attentive but the timing of delivery for drinks and food was quite slow. It wasn't terrible by any means but the expectation created by the surroundings is so high that any shortcoming really jars. I'm sure the staff and management are keen to offer service commensurate with the rest of the Versace experience and so I hope these comments are taken in that context.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg C
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Greg C

Thank you for choosing to stay at Palazzo Versace.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Palazzo Versace, but was disappointed to hear that you found the service to be somewhat hit and miss. It is only through the voice of our guests that we are able to improve our product and/or our service culture, and I thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay.

Our reputation is founded on consistently delivering service excellence with every interaction in all departments, and in order for us to combat these shortfalls it is important to identify where we can improve. I would be interested in speaking with you regarding your experience to understand where our shortfalls lie, and can be reached at grm@palazzoversace.com.au or on 075680 8000.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This place is devine - the service is astute, efficient, attentive and professional!
From the moment you walk through the door - you could almost imagine that you were not even in Australia but in some far off exotic land!

The room was spectacular, food was amazing, service as mentioned above.

I have stayed in ALOT of hotels over the years and I have to say that Palazzo Versace has far exceeded my expectations!

I will definitely be returning - this will be my first choice when visiting the Gold Coast in the future - I just wish my 2 night stay was for much longer!

Keep up the great standard guys - I have already encouraged many of my friends to make a stay with you!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I suppose it is one of those things you might like to tick off the list. Yes the decor is amazing and the rooms are lovely but is it worth the price well I'm not sure. The attention to detail is superb, however I would have enjoyed a quieter breakfast area.

Room Tip: Overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Verien

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review.

Our buffet breakfast is a huge attraction for both in-house guests and locals alike, with many regulars returning time and time again - I do agree that Sundays are very popular.

I do hope that you take the opportunity to return and sample our buffet breakfast once again.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Recently I have stayed 4 nights at this hotel. It was my second stay in 10 years, and it was again beautiful experience. with typical Versace style, comfort, desighn, beauty, luxury.The staff very helpful and caring without imposing. The buffer breakfast could be improved to have wo factor to match the rest of th hotel. loking forward toanother stay at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: On both occasions I stayed in lagoon room with balcony, I would recommend this room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Bernadette17

It was wonderful to hear you that you had yet another beautiful experience in the world’s first fashion branded hotel - Palazzo Versace! Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed here for a conference, so admittedly did not get to see / use all the hotels facilities. The place really is something else. It is beautiful as you would expect with the Versace name. The food was amazing and the staff were very friendly.

However, given all the hype I had heard about this hotel, I was expecting something more. I was certainly not disappointed because the place really is nice (as you would expect with the room rates), but I was just a bit underwhelmed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JamieT8175

Dear JamieT8175

Thank you for your review.

Palazzo Versace prides itself on offering the ultimate in luxury and superior customer service, and for providing that 'wow factor', and I'm disappointed on this occasion that we were unable to do this for you.

Should you have the time, I would be interested in your thoughts regarding your recent stay, and I can be contacted at grm@palazzoversace.com.au

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
QT Gold Coast
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Southport
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!