“5 star honeymoon!”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Adelaide
“5 star honeymoon!”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Versace for 2 nights during our stay on the Gold Coast for our honeymoon.
This is by far the most amazing hotel we have ever stayed at, from the hotel staff collecting your bags on arrival to the setting of our room of an evening it was all perfect.
The pool is beautiful, the atmosphere of the hotel is calming especially down at the day spa where we had a very relaxing swim in the pool.
Parking is included, breakfast was included for our package which was absolutely amazing with so many choices and the service was outstanding.
Special mention to Leah who made our check in and stay extra special she is very friendly and helpful and even gave us a voucher for the bar for champagne.
All the staff are of 5 star quality and very friendly.
We are already planning our next trip back!!

Alannah & Chris M

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Alannah14
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Alannah14

Thank you for your beautiful review!

It was wonderful to read that you had such a great stay - and your honeymoon was made all the more special by our team's efforts.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance when planning your next stay at Palazzo Versace - We look forward to welcoming you back.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (464)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Being a local and wanting a special weekend for $1,000.00 one could expect a little special treatment as we talk about venues. We were placed in a room above a car park view and then told to pay an $80.00 to have pool side view. The rooms were small, confined and while the name may sell itself it offers little to be happy about. Half way through the first night the toilet kept flushing and would not stop, after 30 minutes I called reception and they said nothing could be done until 8.30am, this was at 2.30am. I stated this was not acceptable and was told we could go to another room and the maintenance person would fix the problem in the morning. After such a terrible experience I sent an email to the hotel only to be told sorry. One would think that a supposed 5 star complex would offer a little more than a sorry. Not even a complimentary breakfast that I asked for. They cater for the rich and famous but not locals and people wanting a special occasion.

Room Tip: Take your wallet with lots of cash
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wayne j
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Wayne J

I am saddened to read that your stay was not the special stay that you had envisaged.

At Palazzo Versace we always endeavour to provide fully maintained rooms with all the luxury touches for our guests to enjoy whilst staying with us - and on this occasion I was disappointed to see that during your stay that a maintenance issue developed.

I would like to take this opportunity to once again apologise for the faulty toilet - which I understand caused a sleepless night and could not be resolved until our maintenance officer arrived on site the next morning.

Our team did try and provide the best solution available at the time - which was to offer an alternate room to sleep in for the evening and refund your upgrade costs in lieu of the disruption faced. One of our team also followed up with you the next morning, and we believed that you were satisfied with the outcome and follow up provided.

As my email requested, I would very much like the opportunity to speak with you regarding your dissatisfaction and can be reached at grm@palazzoversace.com.au.

Research, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed here for one night for our Wedding Anniversary. The pool had always memorised me when looking at photos, however it was disappointing in real life. We felt uncomfortable in the lobby and pool area with staff very unwelcoming and unhelpful. Our room was luxurious, the bathroom was divine, but we wouldn't return as we didn't feel comfortable during our stay, which was very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jenni M
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Harold775

Thank you for your recent review, and letting us know about your experience at Palazzo Versace.

I was disappointed that our hotel pool did not live up to your expectations, and that you found it to be somewhat underwelming. Our pool has always been a focal point of the hotel, and is certainly one of our biggest drawcards - in fact we were recently awarded the 5th most Glamorous pool in the world by Tripadvisor.

Thank you for providing more details about the service recieved, I have since passed on your comments to the relevant department heads as feedback.

I do hope that you will take the opportunity to visit us again in the future.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We chose the Palazzo Versace as it was always on our "wish list" for our belated anniversary getaway. We were NOT disappointed, the room was immaculate, the staff friendly, helpful & very good at their jobs. Not pompous or pretentious. We dined at the restaurant and had the seafood buffet - WOW!!! The price concerned us, but it is well worth it, the quality of all the food, the service is second to none! Breakfast buffet, again fantastic. One thing I was impressed with, instead of your room door opening onto the main hallway, each 2 rooms had their own little hallway, so there was no fear of walking into someone, and the noise level is greatly reduced.

Room Tip: Away from the road, over looking the pool
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon M
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Sharon M

I am delighted that your romantic Get Away was as special as you had dreamt it would be!

We do hope that you will take the time to once again join us at Palazzo Versace.

Nambour, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My husband and my two young children stayed at Palazzo Versace in early May to celebrate my 40th Birthday. We mum and dad also stayed in a separate room too. This was our first time actually staying at Palazzo Versace and we were very impressed from the moment we arrived. Check in was quick and easy and our lagoon view rooms were simply stunning. Unfortunately the air con didn't work in our room and we were quickly relocated to another room which was just as lovely. Two staff helped us relocate all our belongings and they were simply lovely. In fact, all staff we encountered during our stay were lovely and went out of their way to ensure all our needs were being met. The rooms are clean, spacious and the little touches such as an oil burner make it that extra bit special. We dined at the seafood buffet on the Saturday night and it was excellent. Great array of food and again, great service from the staff. The breakfast the next morning was equally impressive.
The décor of Palazzo Versace is second to none and we just loved the stunning pool area. There was nothing about this stay that I didn't love and my kids have been harassing me ever since to return! My parents also enjoyed their stay and are already looking for a reason for a return visit. Palazzo Versace really is the most beautiful place and it certainly lived up to my expectations. A wonderful way to celebrate my birthday. We will be back!

Room Tip: The lagoon view rooms are lovely with gorgeous views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 40thflop
Dear 40thflop

Lovely to hear that your family holiday at Palazzo Versace was one to remember - hopefully you can make it your annual holiday destination!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience, we look forward to welcoming you all back.

Broadbeach, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My wife thought this would be a great place to celebrate my milestone birthday this year. Book a Superior Suite for a night over the Queens Birthday long weekend.

My biggest disappointment was that with the words "superior" and "suite" the last thing we expected was that the two balconies opened onto the SeaWorld Drive side of the hotel. We queried this and was told that none of the Superior Suites faced the pool or Broadwater. It would be a substantial cost to upgrade.

We have been here before but this was our first stay. On arrival, our luggage was promptly taken and was in the room by the time we reached. Check in was pleasant and quick. Free parking onsite or paid valet parking available. Staff were generally pleasant.

The hotel lobby is fantastic. Clean as usual. Palatial. Usually busy with visitors coming for high tea.

Short walk to our room on the ground floor. The room was very well presented. Clean with good quality furnishings, toiletries, linen etc. as expected. Large and spacious areas. Showing signs of age but not shabby at all.

We had a turndown but I think it was literally the bed and a sachet of cream. Other places we have stayed have had the turndown include much more.

The open plan nature of the bathroom means that you would disturb your partner even if just washing your hands. We wanted to use the spa bath and were disappointed to find footprints in the tub- on either side of the hygienically cleaned sticker. TV system was great, even had a recorder. unfortunately the EPG was difficult to read- this might be just my age!

Sadly both the veranda's were very dirty. As stated before, they faced SeaWorld drive which became problematic later that evening with the noise from trucks and hoons on the road at all hours.

Fantastic lagoon pool with a beach area which my daughter enjoyed despite the weather. This looks even better at night when it is all lit up.

We dined at Il Barocco for dinner and breakfast. Good variety of food. Food was generally good. Large spread. We enjoyed the deserts.There are lots of signs regarding evening dress code, but was surprised to see that many people ignored them. Was strange to see a person sitting barefoot cross-legged on a chair in a fine dining restaurant. Restaurant staff were very pleasant and efficient.

Overall we enjoyed our stay as we wanted to experience the Palazzo and make the day memorable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RickyB_DBN
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Dear Ricky_DBN

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay at Palazzo Versace - I am glad to see that you got to play "King for a Day".

I was disappointed to read that you were unable to move into a room with a view - as we do have Lagoon facing rooms available that are the same price point as a Superior Suite (and providing that the room is available - is a direct swap). Should you wish to stay in the future, please do not hesitate to speak with one of our dedicated Reservations team members to ensure you receive the best room suited to your personal preferences.

Regarding the amenities supplied for turndown, we do endeavour to make it as appealing as possible by providing nightly varietal treats, lit oil burner (providing you are present in the room), daily Information and providing a cosy retreat for you to retire to.

I was concerned with your feedback regarding the cleanliness of the balconies as we do pride ourselves on providing immaculate rooms and have strict procedures ensuring this is adhered to. I have since passed on your comments to our Department Heads for review.

RickyB_DBN, thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My boyfriend and i stayed at the Palazzo Versace a few months ago and we loved it. Luckily the weather was warm even though it was coming into winter. Having cocktails delivered to us while we were poolside was.... enjoyable. Although did take a little while to arrive. Our room was great, we were upgraded for free which was nice. The buffet breakfast was also great. good food and a wide selection. Only thing i didnt enjoy was the atmosphere... at times people seemed to look at us like we were in the wrong place. My boyfriend and I concluded that this may have been because we were the youngest in the hotel at the time. But thats the only negative.

The shopping centre next door was great too!! We went to an amazing place for dinner on our last night on the water which topped off our holiday

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 21 in Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 21 in Broadbeach

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!