“Just like being back in Italy”
Review of Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Me , my wife and our little 20 months old daughter stayed here for 4 nights.

First of all we were going to book with the Sheraton which is just across the road but they were fully booked and we wanted to stay near Sea World so the Palazzo Versace it is !
We thought that this sort of place would be well out of our price range but they do have some special packages available so make sure you check their website regularly.

We have notified the staff that we may be early for check in and we were about 3 hours early and the room wasn't available when we arrived but shortly after somebody gave us a call and told us that our room is ready which was great !

First impression of the room was "wow" even though we stayed at the lowest ranking room , superior room. Everything was very Versace including all the amenities the room itself maybe a bit old (10+ years) but it certainly didn't feel that way. The bed was very big and very comfortable we had good nights sleep and the hotel itself was very quiet.

This was our first time traveling with our little girl and it wasn't really smooth sailing for us.We do get a few looks from other guests when our little princess decided to be a princess but the staff still made us feel welcome just like any other guests. So much that one of the front of house staff gave our princess a little cuddly toy. I have also noticed that other reviewer said that this place are not really for kids but I guess I have proof them wrong.

We have tried the seafood buffet dinner at the II Barocco, High tea at Le Jardin and 3 courses dinner at Vie Bar and restaurant and all 3 were faultless in every way. If you are going to stay here just do yourself a favor,save yourself a drive and try dine in-house you won't be disappointed.

I do only have one complaint about the morning staff at the II Barocco for the breakfast buffet. They tend to be less friendly and less attentive compare to the night staff for the seafood buffet.
Apart from that the food and the coffee were really good , probably one of the best breakfast buffet I have been to.

My wife also tried the "pregnancy" message at the spa and she said she felt better afterward and didn't have sore legs for the rest of our stay ( She gets sore legs all the time )

Oh and don't turn down the nightly turn down service which also some with this lotion which help you sleep better and I think it really work , Just give it a try !

The only other complaint that I have is the wifi. On the brochure that I have picked up from the travel agent it stated that there are free wifi in public area and paid wifi in room but when we asked the front of house staff while we were at reception she said it's not free and we have to accept the charges in order to connect to their wifi. We ended up buying a prepay pack from our telco provider which wasn't the cheapest but still cheaper than the hotel's offerings.

All in all we've had a very pleasant stay at the Palazzo Versace and really fell in love with the place, the decor and of course the staff and would highly recommend this place to any of our friends and family.

Room Tip: I think all of them are good even the superior room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Patman45

Thank you for letting us know about your wonderful time at Palazzo Versace.

I am delighted that you, your wife and your little Princess had such a great time, and were able to enjoy our 'Little piece of Italy'....and all that Palazzo Versace has to offer

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I always wanted to see what it was like to live a life of luxury ... well I got the chance when my husband was invited to be a speaker at a conference in the Versace Palazzo hotel including two nights accommodation. So here I am ...

The rooms are spacious and furnished beautifully. Very comfortable bed with lots of pillow. Brilliant massive spa bath for two. Roooms have oil essence burner - nice touch, and a mini bar stocked with the best champaigns.

So the breakfast: there is a very good selection of fresh hot and cold food including fruits, cerial, eggs, bacon ect, cold meats and cheeses - all very nice and equivalent to any buffet breakfast from a major hotel. The coffee was very good. Is it worth $44 ... I don't think so but the view of the pool area is lovely and its all part of the experience.

Facilities: the lagoon pool is the main attraction with beautful 4 poster curtained beds around the whole lagoon. The lagoon pool water was freezing so not sure if anyone actually swims in it ... maybe in summer its refreshing...

This place is not really suitable for kids at all so leave them at home if you can.

The staff are friendly - what else can I say - lovely place to stay if someone else is paying :)

Room Tip: Get a room with lagoon view if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Clotildeblanchet

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to stay at Palazzo Versace and that it was the fantastic experience you always thought it would be!

Thank you for letting us know about your time with us, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

In my last review in 2011 I said
"Pros
'Luxury' fittings in rooms. Bedding very comfortable. Good pool and outdoor areas. The staff were helpful.

Breakfast and lunches had a good variety with variable quality, for example fish with hard dry edges. Average quality overall

As a conference venue the only problem was the heating/cooling.

Cons
The location is poor-not on the beach and no views of beach just the Broadwater. It is a short walk to the beach"

Pretty much the same however the breakfasts were a bit better and I did not notice any problem with the conference room heating and cooling this time. One bugbare is internet, considering the room cost it should be free of charge and the WIFi reception did not extend into the conference room which meant that I could not carry on my work during the conference without using my personal hotspot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2014

A return visit to Palazzo Versace and pleased to say that it was as enjoyable as the first. We received a very warm welcome, the staff were all extremely friendly and efficient. We were upgraded to a Superior Room (many thanks - greatly appreciated) which was beautifully decorated and well maintained, with a great view over the pool. The breakfast buffet was very good and the staff were all very pleasant and attentive. We didn't eat in the restaurants as we had other arrangements but the seafood buffet looked pretty impressive as we passed by when they were setting up. The Lagoon pool area is a wonderful place to relax with a book. Unfortunately the water temperature was too chilly for me to swim although others braved it. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and I shall recommend highly to family and friends.

Room Tip: Opt for a superior room.

Dear DeborahLBrisbane

What a pleasant surprise having the chance to be upgraded! I'm delighted that we were able to do that - it seems that you were given a Superior Suite for your 2 night getaway! The Superior Suite is the next room category up from our standard room which offers a seperate living and bedroom area. Perfect for those longer stays.

I do hope that you will return to stay with us again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Impressive. Normally I don't do this type of accommodation. When you walk in I felt 'wow', this isn't for me - the glitz, marble and chandeliers. Tough it out for a few minutes and soon you see this is a type of Hotel not often found in Australia - truly luxurious. The attention to detail and in particular, the attentive staff made this a memorable stay.

What I liked - Comfort. Quality furnishings. Staff. Free parking. Quiet. The buffet breakfast. Great pillows. The lovely boxed breakfast for an early departure. The High Tea. Lovely outlook over the pools.

What could be better - heating/cooling, I am never a fan of ducted systems as I feel they are slow to react to requested temperature changes, The spa - a lovely feature that is quite high off the bathroom floor making it a long stretch to the marble floor which can be slippery with wet feet. Long long corridors to the lifts!

In summary, I liked this Hotel - I think you would too.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just back from 3 luxurious nights on the Gold Coast where even is the weather wasn't quite a warm as we hoped it would be - the staff of PV certainly made up for it in their warm welcome and great attitude. We scored an early check=in which was much appreciated having been up since 4am but the old adage 'you get what you pay for' certainly rang true in this instance. Our room 'booked via a travel site' was clean but a bit tired. Turn down service occurred once during our stay (not a big deal). Not actually sure about the rating (comparing to Asian hotels here). Room was tucked away close to the air-conditioning unit of the shopping centre next door (not really a bother but could be noisy if you were wanting fresh air). No balcony or terrace and no sunshine on that side of hotel the 'garden' area. Breakfast buffet reasonable. Seafood buffet at night expensive and hardly worthwhile if you were not a 'big seafood' eater. Crab - the obligatory prawns and oysters and a bit of salmon. Minestrone soup, a couple of roasts, cheese board and plastic tasting desserts. At $85 per head it is not recommended - especially when the Sheraton advertised that day in the Gold Coast Bulletin their seafood buffet for $48 per head. Cocktails either wonderful or lacking depending on who mixed them. High Tea was more of the plastic desserts but plenty of folks seemed to be enjoying it. Staff pleasant and helpful - overall another tick in the box of been there done that.

Room Tip: Stay away from the budget on-sale rooms offers if you really want to treat yourself. Indulge and en...
1  Thank Flane D
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Wow is probably the best way to describe this hotel. From the moment you walk in the foyer you realise this place is special, the level of detail in the finishes is first class. The service was excellent and staff would go the extra mile to assist. Booked a superior suite and it did not disappoint, it was very roomy with a separate lounge dining area and a second toilet, the finishes and level of detail in the room was something I have not seen in any other Australian hotel. The bed was very comfortable and the ensuite was amazing. We found no reason to leave this hotel during our stay as we wanted to enjoy the atmosphere. Le Jardin (Lobby Bar) was great they had a jazz band playing and the cocktail list was different and exciting. We had dinner at Il Barocco Restaurant and would have to say although expensive at $89 per person this is the best seafood buffet I have ever had, the selection was huge and the quality of the seafood was great. Would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay here again. Very impressive!

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a superior suite, it is so worth it!
1  Thank cdchiken
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear cdchiken

WoW! Thank you for your high praise!

Your review truly has captured what we believe Palazzo Versace to be all about.

Our hotel prides itself on delivering the very best service, facilities and produce for all to enjoy. Our Grand foyer has received many different awards over the years for its grandeur and for its atmosphere - and is even more exciting on the weekends with a pianist playing both days and the Cassidy Wilson Band providing jazz tunes in our Gin Palace each Saturday night until late.

Better still, our beds are like sleeping on clouds and the pillows are tailored to individual tastes - with a pillow menu with 5 different options to choose from for our guests comfort.

cdchiken, we look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
Peppers Broadbeach
#2 of 7 in Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Southport
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!