Me , my wife and our little 20 months old daughter stayed here for 4 nights.
First of all we were going to book with the Sheraton which is just across the road but they were fully booked and we wanted to stay near Sea World so the Palazzo Versace it is !
We thought that this sort of place would be well out of our price range but they do have some special packages available so make sure you check their website regularly.
We have notified the staff that we may be early for check in and we were about 3 hours early and the room wasn't available when we arrived but shortly after somebody gave us a call and told us that our room is ready which was great !
First impression of the room was "wow" even though we stayed at the lowest ranking room , superior room. Everything was very Versace including all the amenities the room itself maybe a bit old (10+ years) but it certainly didn't feel that way. The bed was very big and very comfortable we had good nights sleep and the hotel itself was very quiet.
This was our first time traveling with our little girl and it wasn't really smooth sailing for us.We do get a few looks from other guests when our little princess decided to be a princess but the staff still made us feel welcome just like any other guests. So much that one of the front of house staff gave our princess a little cuddly toy. I have also noticed that other reviewer said that this place are not really for kids but I guess I have proof them wrong.
We have tried the seafood buffet dinner at the II Barocco, High tea at Le Jardin and 3 courses dinner at Vie Bar and restaurant and all 3 were faultless in every way. If you are going to stay here just do yourself a favor,save yourself a drive and try dine in-house you won't be disappointed.
I do only have one complaint about the morning staff at the II Barocco for the breakfast buffet. They tend to be less friendly and less attentive compare to the night staff for the seafood buffet.
Apart from that the food and the coffee were really good , probably one of the best breakfast buffet I have been to.
My wife also tried the "pregnancy" message at the spa and she said she felt better afterward and didn't have sore legs for the rest of our stay ( She gets sore legs all the time )
Oh and don't turn down the nightly turn down service which also some with this lotion which help you sleep better and I think it really work , Just give it a try !
The only other complaint that I have is the wifi. On the brochure that I have picked up from the travel agent it stated that there are free wifi in public area and paid wifi in room but when we asked the front of house staff while we were at reception she said it's not free and we have to accept the charges in order to connect to their wifi. We ended up buying a prepay pack from our telco provider which wasn't the cheapest but still cheaper than the hotel's offerings.
All in all we've had a very pleasant stay at the Palazzo Versace and really fell in love with the place, the decor and of course the staff and would highly recommend this place to any of our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and the Gold Coast Broadwater, Palazzo Versace Gold Coast is ‘a destination within a destination’. A waterfront setting, spectacular architecture, Italian furnishings, extraordinary service and an ambience of pure glamour. Palazzo Versace is everything you would expect from the world’s first fully fashion-branded hotel; home to three award winning restaurants, famed day spa, Fitness & Wellbeing Centre, private marina, Versace Boutique and access to Australia’s first Water Salon poolside cabana experience. Housing 200 light-filled rooms in timeless craftsmanship accessorised by Bespoke Versace furnishing and a ‘Juliet’ balcony inviting the Gold Coast sunshine and azure skies to pour in. With a glorious sub-tropical climate; cosmopolitan approach to life; and the beauty of a Renaissance palace, Palazzo Versace creates the perfect holiday and the ultimate escapism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelUp, Agoda, Booking.com, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Palazzo Versace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palazzo Versace Main Beach
- Palazzo Versace Hotel Main Beach
- Hotel Versace
- Palazzo Versace Australia/Gold Coast