“Pure Indulegence”
Review of Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Very grand and professional. Everything you would expect for the price you pay! I loved breakfast and it catered for all nationalities, tastes and dietary requirements. I loved the lounge bar, especially the nibblies on the table. The bar staff were impeccable and completely appropriate.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Jennifer F

I will pass on your comments regarding both Il Barocco and Le Jardin - thank you for taking the time to let us know about your indulgent stay at Palazzo Versace.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have stayed here plenty of times and love it each and every time.Room is spacious and catered for our needs. Service was great and amenities are top notch. As a regular guest I did receive 2 complimentary drinks from their bar downstairs. That was valued around $40. I enjoyed my cocktail! Breakfast buffet is always the best. You want bacon and eggs, you want salads, cheeses, salmon, fruits, juices, breads, pastries, its all on there. Be prepared for weight gain!
Had the seafood buffet for dinner one night as well. Was good. Was too cold for a swim (pool looked so inviting) but certainly went and layed out on one of their cabanas. Before I know it I fell asleep. So relaxing. So peaceful (winter and no school holiday period) Stayed for 3 nights. Enjoyed every minute! We did in room dining one night there. Food was delicious. Had the burger and chips!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank anggee

Dear anngee

It seems that you have captured the true essence of Palazzo Versace!

I hope that you left feeling refreshed and revived.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Lived up to hype - service, amenities and standards were very high throughout - just a little bit of a drive from cities main attractions though. Pool was exceptional ans so was breakfast - definitely going back!

Room Tip: Standard rooms were just as fantastic
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I'm going to say there is nothing quite like this hotel that I have stayed in. Its not the kind of place you'd stay and not remember the name. Its a benchmark, quite literally its beautiful in every sense of the word, right down from the building itself, to the furnishings and even the personal level of service you receive. I've found myself comparing every other hotel I've ever gone in to this one, I'm pretty sure my girlfriend is fed up of my "in the Versace" line on our arrival to every hotel because it just doesn't come close to the same standards. The personal level of service is fantastic, all staff are friendly and approachable and are always more than happy to help and nothing is too much trouble. Breakfast was a beautiful selection of fresh hot and cold foods and pastries from around the world and again all of the staff make it that little bit more special. The lagoon pool looks great and its four-poster beds and views across the water make it a great scene and was the setting for a few photos. Rooms were fantastic, all furnished to the highest standard and as comfy as sleeping on a cloud. You even get a pillow menu, something I didn't know existed until my stay here! A well equipped gym was also avaliable to use and had all the latest machines and was spotlessly clean. Price wise It wasn't as bad as people would think, its still a premium hotel but just like the saying, you get what you pay for. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a few days of sheer bliss.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Chris S

Well I must say that I am not disappointed that you will never be satisfied with another hotel again.. this is actually music to our ears!

I love that you have been turned in one of our biggest fans, and we look forward to welcoming you back to continue 'wowing' you!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Me , my wife and our little 20 months old daughter stayed here for 4 nights.

First of all we were going to book with the Sheraton which is just across the road but they were fully booked and we wanted to stay near Sea World so the Palazzo Versace it is !
We thought that this sort of place would be well out of our price range but they do have some special packages available so make sure you check their website regularly.

We have notified the staff that we may be early for check in and we were about 3 hours early and the room wasn't available when we arrived but shortly after somebody gave us a call and told us that our room is ready which was great !

First impression of the room was "wow" even though we stayed at the lowest ranking room , superior room. Everything was very Versace including all the amenities the room itself maybe a bit old (10+ years) but it certainly didn't feel that way. The bed was very big and very comfortable we had good nights sleep and the hotel itself was very quiet.

This was our first time traveling with our little girl and it wasn't really smooth sailing for us.We do get a few looks from other guests when our little princess decided to be a princess but the staff still made us feel welcome just like any other guests. So much that one of the front of house staff gave our princess a little cuddly toy. I have also noticed that other reviewer said that this place are not really for kids but I guess I have proof them wrong.

We have tried the seafood buffet dinner at the II Barocco, High tea at Le Jardin and 3 courses dinner at Vie Bar and restaurant and all 3 were faultless in every way. If you are going to stay here just do yourself a favor,save yourself a drive and try dine in-house you won't be disappointed.

I do only have one complaint about the morning staff at the II Barocco for the breakfast buffet. They tend to be less friendly and less attentive compare to the night staff for the seafood buffet.
Apart from that the food and the coffee were really good , probably one of the best breakfast buffet I have been to.

My wife also tried the "pregnancy" message at the spa and she said she felt better afterward and didn't have sore legs for the rest of our stay ( She gets sore legs all the time )

Oh and don't turn down the nightly turn down service which also some with this lotion which help you sleep better and I think it really work , Just give it a try !

The only other complaint that I have is the wifi. On the brochure that I have picked up from the travel agent it stated that there are free wifi in public area and paid wifi in room but when we asked the front of house staff while we were at reception she said it's not free and we have to accept the charges in order to connect to their wifi. We ended up buying a prepay pack from our telco provider which wasn't the cheapest but still cheaper than the hotel's offerings.

All in all we've had a very pleasant stay at the Palazzo Versace and really fell in love with the place, the decor and of course the staff and would highly recommend this place to any of our friends and family.

Room Tip: I think all of them are good even the superior room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Patman45

Thank you for letting us know about your wonderful time at Palazzo Versace.

I am delighted that you, your wife and your little Princess had such a great time, and were able to enjoy our 'Little piece of Italy'....and all that Palazzo Versace has to offer

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I always wanted to see what it was like to live a life of luxury ... well I got the chance when my husband was invited to be a speaker at a conference in the Versace Palazzo hotel including two nights accommodation. So here I am ...

The rooms are spacious and furnished beautifully. Very comfortable bed with lots of pillow. Brilliant massive spa bath for two. Roooms have oil essence burner - nice touch, and a mini bar stocked with the best champaigns.

So the breakfast: there is a very good selection of fresh hot and cold food including fruits, cerial, eggs, bacon ect, cold meats and cheeses - all very nice and equivalent to any buffet breakfast from a major hotel. The coffee was very good. Is it worth $44 ... I don't think so but the view of the pool area is lovely and its all part of the experience.

Facilities: the lagoon pool is the main attraction with beautful 4 poster curtained beds around the whole lagoon. The lagoon pool water was freezing so not sure if anyone actually swims in it ... maybe in summer its refreshing...

This place is not really suitable for kids at all so leave them at home if you can.

The staff are friendly - what else can I say - lovely place to stay if someone else is paying :)

Room Tip: Get a room with lagoon view if you can.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Clotildeblanchet

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to stay at Palazzo Versace and that it was the fantastic experience you always thought it would be!

Thank you for letting us know about your time with us, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

In my last review in 2011 I said
"Pros
'Luxury' fittings in rooms. Bedding very comfortable. Good pool and outdoor areas. The staff were helpful.

Breakfast and lunches had a good variety with variable quality, for example fish with hard dry edges. Average quality overall

As a conference venue the only problem was the heating/cooling.

Cons
The location is poor-not on the beach and no views of beach just the Broadwater. It is a short walk to the beach"

Pretty much the same however the breakfasts were a bit better and I did not notice any problem with the conference room heating and cooling this time. One bugbare is internet, considering the room cost it should be free of charge and the WIFi reception did not extend into the conference room which meant that I could not carry on my work during the conference without using my personal hotspot.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
Peppers Broadbeach
#2 of 7 in Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Southport
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!