“VERSACE”
Review of Palazzo Versace

Palazzo Versace
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I am a Travel Agent and have stayed at this hotel before. I found on this trip there is not the same standard as before. The hotel needs to pay more attention to things that are ageing and fix the problems. We had air conditioning that wasn't working (blowing cold air) and had it looked at twice but ended up having to turn it off and freeze. Hairdryer was broken. Pool area needs a good clean out and maintenance. Otherwise my stay was enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Andrea C

Thank you for once again choosing to stay at Palazzo Versace.

I was somewhat dismayed that your most recent stay didn't quite live up to your previous stay with us.
Here at Palazzo Versace, we have strict maintenance procedures in place to ensure all rooms are in working order prior to each guests arrival. Despite the best laid procedures being in place, occasionally equipment does break down- and should this happen our engineering team will always endeavour to fix any issue that may arise during our guests stay. It is in rare case that we are unable to fix it upon discovery.
Should an issue persist, our team will do everything they can to assist in moving you to a room that is in working order/more suitable.

I do appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of the issues encountered, and I will pass your comments onto the relevant Department Heads for review.

I do hope that you will take the opportunity to return, and that your stay will once again return to a 5 star rated review.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,042)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We just completed three nights in a lagoon balcony room. This is not my first time here and I would probably go again, however rating themselves as a 6 star hotel, I find all the little touches missing, examples free Wi-Fi, water even down to the cheap paper products used in the bathroom. I realize this may seem little however after traveling to many overseas 4 star properties were water and Wi-Fi are automatically included I feel that for the price you pay that's the least you would expect. Especially water, as this is Queensland and the weather is hot, even in winter.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathrynmagic

Dear Cathrynmagic

I have passed on your comments to our Department Heads as feedback- as we understand that the small touches can make the difference between a good hotel and a great hotel.
In saying that, please be advised that we do offer complimentary high speed wifi in the lobby for the duration of each guests stay.

Cathrynmagic, thank you for your review. I do hope that you will return to stay at Palazzo Versace in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel with luxurious versace furnishings in the room. Make sure you have brekky included as this was the best hotel breakfast that I've ever had. As a gold coast local, this is no doubt the best hotel on the gold coast with Sheraton mirage across the road coming a close 2nd.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank tyronesadventures
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We had the best time! The suite was amazing. Everything in the room was Versace! We didn't have enough time to enjoy all the available services. We swam in the spa pool and it was so nice and relaxing. We barely had enough time to lay around on the fake beach- we spent more time along main beach with the feel of sand on our fingertips and the sound of crashing waves. And the lovely sun!! The buffet breakfast was really nice too. Loved it. Hoping to come back soon!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hayashikat
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Decided to spend some time at Palazzo for my birthday. Garage your car free. Get it done for you will cost $ 30. Requested a premium room. Got a room fronting SeaWorld Drive on a Friday night. Cost $420 per night. Traffic heavy all night. A few sirens also antognised. Main door to small outdoor area would not lock, Reported ..still u/s the next morning. Decided to have a wine
prior to dinner on lobby bar. Two house white wines $32. Don't mind paying top dollar but a mark up of 300% is over the top. Decided to vacate the next morning. On asking what rooms were
available for the cost I paid was informed poolside was vacant. If I stayed their I would be giving
a much better review. Versace get your act together and offer better rooms for the same outlay.

Room Tip: Do not pay top dollar and get a room on Traffic side. Demand a poolside room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank philipc263
PVGC, Guest Relations Manager at Palazzo Versace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear philipc263

Thank you for choosing to stay at Palazzo Versace.

I am disappointed that we were uanble to exceed your expectations on this occasion - please be aware that I have passed on your feedback to our Department Heads for review.

I would be interested in speaking with you to ascertain what day you stayed, how you booked your accommodation and which wine you consumed. I can be reached at grm@palazzoversace.com.au at anytime to further understand your disappointment.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This hotel is a wonderful experience. I stayed with my partner for 3 nights and loved every second. The hotel has a great ambiance, distinctly Italian, highly decorated and ornate, it was rare to find a wall without some kind of decoration, picture or adornment which was quite busy at first but you soon become accustomed. The hotel is in perfect condition, I struggled to find any defect in any part of the whole complex, outstanding. The staff were very friendly, you even get a hello from the maintenance staff. The bed was lovely, the pillows divine, the furniture and fittings were very classy. The parking was unclear, but once we found where to access the clean, secure and generous undercroft parking area it was a breeze. Note that if your in the southern wing on a south facing room, there will be a lot of noise coming from the service entrance of the adjacent shopping centre, particularly from the glass recycling bin.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear gr1234

We here at Palazzo Versace are delighted that you had such a wonderful 3 night stay with us.

You are correct in saying that Palazzo Versace is distinctly Italian and provides the ultimate in luxury- as you discovered with our pillow menu, 1000 count egyptian cotten linen - just to name a few luxe touches.

gr1234, We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

This is a great hotel to stay at. We visited for my wife's birthday celebrations and from the moment we arrived we just loved our stay. The hotel is opulent with Versace decorations throughout. Check-In was efficient with courteous staff. Our room was just beautiful. Cocktails in their lounge bar were terrific, with attentive bar staff looking after guests promptly. Dinner celebrations were in the Vie Bar and Grill with a table overlooking the Southport Broadwater. Ask for a table at the Marina's edge. Overall this is a highly recommended hotel.

Room Tip: For a little more money we booked a Superior Suite. Just fantastic and for us a real Wow moment when...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear John A

Thank you for choosing Palazzo Versace to celebrate your wife's birthday, I am pleased to read that you and your wife enjoyed all aspects of your stay.

From all of us here at Palazzo Versace, we look forward to welcoming you both back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
QT Gold Coast
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Southport
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Palazzo Versace? Share your experiences!