“outstanding place to stay”

Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 4 September 2013

you would expect Sheraton to be above and beyond! staff make all the difference I believe and that's what made my recent stay better than above and beyond. The pool, the bar, the food was all great. David and Ben the bar and wine experts are just sensational and test David on his wine knowledge.....I am sure he will find something that suites your taste

Room Tip: it does not matter, any room will do
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2013

Hi Sollie

Thank you for staying with us here at Sheraton Mirage, and for sharing your experience via this wonderful review.

Whilst we all appreciated and enjoyed your review, David and Ben were particularly surprised and delighted to read your special comments singling them out for their fine service and expertise.

We look forward to your return….hopefully sometime soon!

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Except for unwelcoming F&B staff in dining room and main bar, this hotel ticked all the boxes as a tight, professionally run international hotel. Food quality was good as expected for a resort hotel. Atmosphere, ambience, efficiency, all outstanding. Recent refurb just beautiful. Stayed for 5 nights - 3 with a 300 pax conference plus 2 extra just for fun. Will happily return. Hopefully someone will remind the F&B staff about the concept of warm hospitality. All the other department staff seem know about this and they do a great job.

1  Thank Walacia205
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Paul

Thank you for your very positive review of your recent conference and leisure stay. We were excited to read your description of "absolutely outstanding" and encouraged to know you would return.

Sincere apologies though for the service lapses you encountered in our restaurant and bar. Whilst uncharacteristic, this is not an acceptable attitude here at Sheraton Mirage, and your feedback is being followed up by our Restaurant and Bars Managers who will share your review with their teams so they better understand the consequences and impact on our guests and patrons of less than 5 star service.

We’re looking forward to your return and hoping that is sooner rather than later.

Warm wishes

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Spent 3 nights at the hotel - very pleasant indeed.

The most impressive aspect was the service and attention rendered by the hospitality staff. Attending the RCSA conference we had a lovely catered welcome event and two days of conference day catering package. The outstanding element was the attention and service consistently rendered by the hospitality staff throughout the event. They are indeed a credit to their employer. Leo our resident barista is a perfect example. Well done hospitality team!

Room Tip: Out room seemed like a 6km walk from the conference room - ask about the short-cuts and hidden stair...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelEatDrinkSleep

Dear Recent Guest

Thank you for your lovely review on your recent conference stay. We all appreciate your commendation, especially Leo!

Our resort’s greatest asset is our wonderful associates, and we are delighted you enjoyed and appreciated the warm, friendly and professional service extended during your stay.

We’re looking forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back sometime soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Mirage Gold Coast recently, for a short break from the Melbourne Weather. I loved my stay. From the moment you walk through the front doors you can't help but feel relaxed. The huge glass windows opposite the entrance give a Vista out to the pool area and beyond. Its light filled and ascetically beautiful.

I had a spacious garden view room on the first floor. I loved the fact that there were large opening windows (no balcony, but you could look over the tropical garden, which was really relaxing). The room was lovely and the bed was so comfortable.

The staff were all great - Efficient, relaxed and friendly. As I literally was in QLD for 2 nights only, due to work commitments back home, I wanted to ensure that I got to do at least a couple of half day trips or excursions The concierge was invaluable for helping me plan things to do, and arranging bookings. I took a cruise on the Broadwater, which was interesting, and on the last day, went to Currumbin Sanctuary, (where I could leave my luggage with the staff, then go directly to the airport (10 minutes away) for my flight back home. Next time I go I would definitely take a day or half day trip to the Hinterland.

I loved the buffet breakfast, and the meals at the restaurant. I also explored the Marina Mirage area, and dined at one of the restaurants there on the first night (it's an easy walk from the Sheraton, across the overpass - literally 2 mins).

The only thing that I would change would be the constant running waterfall in the entrance which does feel a bit noisy and restless sometimes (in my opinion, although I'm sure many people would disagree).

All in all, it was a great choice for a relaxing break.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Christine W
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear Christine

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Mirage for your short break in the sunshine, and for your most insightful review.

We appreciate the time you have taken to post in such detail, and your review is being shared with all of our team, and especially our Concierge associates so they will know first-hand of your gratitude for their fine assistance to you on this occasion.

Looking forward very much to your return.

Warmest wishes

Reviewed 3 September 2013

this place used to be so run down from the 80's and now its much better place to stay than the overpriced versace across the road needing a makeover in all the rooms,
the hotel staff at the sheraton looked after me while i was sick and were able to accommodate my everything dying desire while spending most of my stay in the room.

well done looking forward to Rolls reopening

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank charisma007

Dear Senior Contributor

Thank you for returning to Sheraton Mirage in July, and for your positive comments on our resort refurbishment.

This renewal has been very positively received, and all of us here are extremely proud of our beautiful resort, and its unique location right on the ocean.

Whilst sorry to hear you were unwell during our stay, I was pleased to know our team looked after you when you were feeling so poorly.

Looking forward to your return when you can hopefully enjoy more fully all the resort has to offer.

Mark

PS There appears to have been some misunderstanding regarding Rolls, as it is not re-opening. This space – which is now our Pandanus Room and one of our event venues – is undergoing an enhancement and upgrade and the results are going to be impressive!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed here for four nights at a conference so there was a lot I didn't see or do. The service throughout was excellent and I got the feeling all the team at the resort wanted my stay to be a special one.
I had a room (3004) away from the "centre" of the complex and it was incredibly quiet and comfortable. The bedding was top notch and all the fittings worked as they should. The bathroom was luxurious.
All meals were of a conference quality - lots of buffets - but I found the food to be very good. Breakfasts in the restaurant downstairs in the lobby were a great way to start the day.

1  Thank Tapp0

Dear Mr Tapp

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent conference stay.

It was a pleasure to read your impressions and comments, and we loved that you felt we wanted your stay to be a special one….as that of course is what we want for all our guests!

We do hope you will return for another visit when you are next travelling to the east coast. Perhaps a leisure stay on that occasion?

Warmest regards

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights. This was too short. It is a large hotel and needs a map to get around, but at the end of the day nothing is too far. There is a outdoor heated pool which was a bit cold for our liking at the beginning. Its heated to 24 degrees cel. Later in the week when the weather was warmer we were there all the time. Restaurants are do leave a bit to ask for. My husband doesn't eat seafood and the buffet was daily seafood. So we went out all the nights for dinner. But the hotel is located next to the Marina and there are great places to eat there. All in all an enjoyable trip.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Devashana G
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Hi Devashana

Thank you for posting a review on your stay with your husband last month. We are so pleased you chose our resort, and that you enjoyed our location and facilities…..and especially that your time here was “blissful”…we all liked that description.

Hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back when you are next travelling to Australia.

Mark

PS Our Oasis Pool temperature is set to a steady 27/28 degrees. We’re sorry that initially the pool was a little cold for you, but delighted this was better when the weather was warmer.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
Meriton Suites Broadbeach
#1 of 16 in Broadbeach

Been to Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast? Share your experiences!