I stayed at this hotel with my husband who was attending a conference. Here are our comments
Arrival - met by the parking attendant who asked if we would like him to park our car. We declined and went down to the car park ourselves. Was quite surprised to find this parking was free and obviously you don't need to be a guest as there was no key entry required.
Check in - quick and efficient. Warmly welcomed by the receptionist, nice big smile. Good first impression for us. Asked if we would like help with our luggage, again we declined. Went to the car park and then took the lift to L1. Came out at this level but had no idea where our room was as this is not a standard hotel configuration. Wandered around and then was helped by a Sheraton staff member who pointed out where to go. Might have been slightly more helpful if he had escorted us to the room rather than just giving us fairly vague directions.
The Room - interesting room, not square. Had sliding doors which opened completely with a small table and two chairs outside. Very nice. Two double, very comfortable beds, which was fine with us. We slept very well. Housekeeping - no bottled water on the first day but then it suddenly appeared on the second one. Apart from that all ok.
Breakfast - amazing array of food, all the usual breakfast fare and of an extremely high quality. I would recommend eating early as it gets busy but perhaps not too early. We ate at 7 am and when we were finished I noticed that the eggs benedict had arrived which is my favourite breakfast item. They certainly were not there when we arrived. Breakfast chef could do with a bit of cheering up, I asked for a fried egg and he just pointed to one he had just made. Ok so I didn't notice it! No need to glare at me.
Gym - husband attended, said it was very good. We walked over to the Golden Door on arrival. Grounds look like they could do with some maintenance over that part of the resort.
Swimming pool - great one of the nicest I have been in.
All in all a good stay, I would definitely stay there again if I was going up to the Gold Coast again. Staff generally very well trained and efficient but that is probably what I would have expected from this class of hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by sparkling lagoons and tropical gardens. The Gold Coast's only five star resort to offer an absolute beachfront location. SPG Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, LateRooms, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Mirage Hotel Main Beach
- Sheraton Main Beach
- Main Beach Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast Australia