After promising myself not to go back to the Gold Coast after several bad experience I have in to the kids again :) . After several good experience with Sheraton we decided on the Mirage. There was 6 of us, 4 adults, 2 senior and 2 kids bender 9. We had a ball !
First of all the check in and welcome at the entrance was very efficient and friendly. The car park under the hotel was very convenient as well. I had specifically asked for both our twin rooms to be near each other and this was accommodated as well as rooms looking in the resort rather then on the back road. Though the resort was full everything I requested was met ( with a smile should I say). The rooms are very comfortable and spacious and fine for a family of 4. Service is very good and house cleaning keeps the rooms spotless. I agree with other comments about breakfast it gets very busy but the buffet is beautiful and the staff are efficient so they keep the place organized . We also had dinner at the buffet and it was beautiful seafood and excellent service. The bar had the best dry martini . We also got the SPG daily $ 30 pack for the kids do they could eat and drink as much they wanted. I thought it was good value as it included breakfast and dinner. The kids game room was ok it could do with a revamp or more games for the kids and the movie nights were a nice touch. The pool is not huge , as commented by some other viewers pictures do give you the impression it goes around the hotel and is much bigger. Nevertheless the resort was full and the pool did not feel crowded. What was annoying were the lack of sun loungers. In fact people would go first thing in the morning and put towels on many and basically block the usage for everyone else. I am not sure how this can be policed but it was the only negative as if you took your time at breakfast you basically were left without a sun lounger whilst many were left empty for hours. We did not try the SPA and my husband was a bit disappointed that some of the classes asked for an extra fee but he said the gym was good. The beach is across the hotel, no road just walk gout from the pool and there is an exclusive mall just across the road and some nice restaurant and coffee places if you want something different .
All in all we had a great time, every one ( small or grown up) enjoyed themselves and I would highly recommend it as having tried several resort on the Gold Coast this is by far the best if you want a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by sparkling lagoons and tropical gardens. The Gold Coast's only five star resort to offer an absolute beachfront location. SPG Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Mirage Hotel Main Beach
- Sheraton Main Beach
- Main Beach Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast Australia