“very nice”

Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 25 March 2014

very nice hotel. I had a two bedroom spacious villa with convenient parking and near the ocean.
positives - great place - fantastic beach - excellent service - negatives - no sea view and a bit outdated bathroom. definitely to recommend.

Room Tip: I recommend to take a top floor oceanfront villa
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Dear Raphaël

We value and appreciate your review, and are delighted you chose to stay at Sheraton Mirage during your visit to Australia.

Our villa apartments are very popular, and we’re so glad too that this accommodation was especially suitable for your time here on the beautiful Gold Coast.

Hoping you will return to Australia and our resort in the future!

With warm regards
Mark

PS Your photo of the beach in front of the resort was a really interesting one.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Very clean and tidy...nice staff, nice in room dining, good menu, loved the pool side bar and direct access to beach.
Really enjoyed the atmosphere and the marina mirage shopping complex directly opposite the resort.

Room Tip: If u join the SPG (starwood preferred guest) group, and book via the SPG app u can get good deals an...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Zahira

Thank you for your review and photos sharing your January Sheraton Mirage family experience.

We’re delighted you enjoyed the resort and its location; we are so lucky to have this perfect position here on The Spit with its direct access to both the Pacific Ocean and the Broadwater, with of course the wonderful shopping and dining options in between at Marina Mirage.

Looking forward to welcoming you all back when you are next visiting the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a couple of very relaxing nights at the lovely Sheraton. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Everything is spotless. We loved sitting around the pool. The pool food and drinks were delicious
I assume that the gym is independently owned. The gym was the only downside to the hotel. Much of the equipment needs attention and it was way too hot in there to work out. The second morning we went for long beach walk instead of using the gym....which was great.
We ate at the restaurant one night and the fabulous Glass restaurant the second night.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi Sam

We’re delighted you and your husband found our resort so enjoyable, and grateful you have taken the time to share your experience via this Trip Advisor post. Thank you.

Conversely, we apologise for your experience at the gymnasium. Our resort owners continue to liaise with the gymnasium operators in an effort to bring about the much needed upgrade to this facility.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you both on a another stay in the future.

With warm regards

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed at the Sheraton the night before my wedding and the night of my wedding.
I checked in with my Bridesmaid at around 5pm and didn't wait at all. We were also met with friendly helpful staff who answered all of our questions and organized the room to be cleaned and made up the next day for when me and my husband arrived for the night.

We walked to our room (spa suite) which was a long walk but TOTALLY worth it!
The view was spectacular, looking out over the pool, reception and we could even see the ocean. The window opened right up and we had a wonderful breeze flowing through.
We ordered breakfast to be delivered between 7.30-7.45 and it arrived on time. They did forget our bacon which we ordered as an extra, when we mentioned it to the lady who delivered our breakfast she said she could get it whipped up and brought to us in 10 mins but as it was my wedding day and I had a wedding dress to fit into we decided not to have it anyway.
They were great with letting people into our room, they would call and let us know the make up artist and photographer were there and asked if they could send them down. They even had someone bring my wedding flowers to me.
The maids cleaning the room didn't arrive until 3.15 when we were leaving for the ceremony which was great timing.
My husband and I arrived back that night at midnight to a beautiful clean room and freshly maid bed.
A breakfast door knob order sign was not left in the room when it was cleaned but I called down to room service and ordered over the phone and it arrived within 15 mins which was great.
Check out was quick and easy.
Free parking if you park your own car. Need your room card to call the lift.
We will definitely be back for our wedding anniversary!
Thank you Shearaton Mirage for kind and efficient service.

Room Tip: Spa Rooms are amazing and roomy but our room looking out over the pool was a long walk. The beauty o...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Maddy_grace
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Maddy

We were honoured and delighted you chose to stay at our beautiful resort during such an important time in your lives, and we all enjoyed your detailed and very positive review on your Mirage experience.

Our team joins me in extending once again our best wishes and congratulations to you and your husband, and we all look forward to welcoming you back on the very special occasion of your 1st Wedding Anniversary.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Upon checking out I was informed I owed $147 for breakfast. My husband had paid cash for the buffet breakfast in question when he handed the enclosed invoiced and cash to a staff member when we exited the restaurant. The man at reception pulled records out & told me the breakfast wasn't paid for and that if I couldn't provide a receipt of payment I would have to pay again. I then got my husband from the car & he was told to wait whilst they checked the footage from the surveillance cameras. Half an hour later he told the manager we had to catch our flight and left his phone number. The following day my husband rang the Sheraton and was told everything was okay & to forget about it, that it was a staffing issue and would be dealt with.
Thanks for accusing us of being dishonest we won't be returning!!!

Room Tip: Stay at Xanadu resort!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa W
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Lisa

Thank you for posting this review, bringing to our attention your dissatisfaction regarding the handling of your breakfast charges in our Terrace Restaurant. I am responding to your review on behalf of Mark Sexton, as it was I who spoke with your husband when he called the day after your departure.

I wish to sincerely apologise for what occurred and for the way this left you feeling. Our culture here at Sheraton Mirage is to value and respect all guests and patrons, and we are very sorry that we have clearly failed to convey that respect and guest care on this occasion. Your review is being shared with all Terraces and Front Desk associates, and as a team we will learn from your feedback to ensure your experience is never repeated.

Your thoughts regarding a return stay are quite clear. If you do decide to give us another chance when you are next travelling to the Gold Coast, please contact me direct on 07 5577 0088, so I can assist with your reservation, and/or work with our team in preparing for your stay.

Our sincere apologies again, and our thanks for the time you have taken to share your experience.

Warmest regards
Charlie

Charles McArthur
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Really pleased with the refurbished rooms. We had a 2nd floor partial ocean view room & it was very comfortable, large bed & great view. Pool needs to be next on the list for an overhaul & the restaurant's price list next. Staff were wonderful.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nick C

Dear Nick

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Mirage, and for posting with such enthusiasm on your experience. Your lovely comments on our associates - who take pride in serving and looking after our guests and patrons – were particularly appreciated.

Delighted also to advise our Oasis Pool will undergo a full upgrade end May into June which will entail the same surface treatment which worked so well (and been so positively received) for our lagoon refurbishment last year.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back for another stay sometime soon.

Warmest regards

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The best thing by far is the direct beach access that you get at the Sheraton. No other hotel on the Gold Coast offers this. Hotel was quiet when we visited but that made it all the better. Great pool area with attentive pool service for drinks and snacks. Room spacious with comfy beds. All in all, very hard to fault. Plenty of great restaurants across the road at the Marina where we ate a few nights. Only small negative was the cost of the breakfast buffet which felt a little steep - better to get a room rate that includes it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end of the hotel (beach end) as they will be brighter rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorwichScot
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Top Contributor

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Mirage and for this very positive TripAdvisor review sharing your experience, both of which are truly appreciated.

We are exceptionally fortunate with our prime location, which sees our resort as still the only 5 star one with direct access to the beach here on the Gold Coast.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you on a return stay should your travels bring you back to Australia and South East Queensland.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
QT Gold Coast
QT Gold Coast
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast? Share your experiences!