This hotel is a stunning hotel in a fantastic location that I would've rated 4.5* given the option... There are a few minor issues that we experienced during our stay that prevented it being 5* or excellent! If it assists you in making a decision I prefer this resort over the Palazzo and would say its on par with the Marriott and we'll definitely be revisiting!
- quality of the room, loved the size, quality of bed and bedding and the large bathroom and facilities rated 10/10
- friendliness of the resort staff and guests, everyone we walked past acknowledged us with a good morning/ afternoon etc. It says a lot about the resort that everyone we met was relaxed warm and friendly
- location of the resort. Being right on the beach front, out of the chaos of Surfers with no traffic noise is fantastic. There is a fantastic assortment of activities, restaurants and attractions within the close proximity of the resort. The link to Marina Mirage and arrangements with the centre for special offers for guests is fantastic. Would rate location 10/10
- General ambience and facilities at hotel are excellent. The resort reminded me of a Caribbean style resort and it would make a fantastic location for a wedding, the grounds are gorgeous and the views from all over the resort are amazing. Particularly stunning is the window effect from reception through the resort to the sea - definitely a wow factor. Would rate 10/10
- Breakfast at Terraces another wow! So much so that I'm arranging to bring the family to breakfast to celebrate my 40th birthday in June! The selection was totally multi cultural, fantastic quality, special requests were taken with a smile and the overall attention to service was amazing. My husband rates your pancakes as 'the best I've ever eaten' considering we've travelled all over the world for both business and pleasure this is quite the endorsement. He has already added Terraces breakfast as one of his business meetings of choice locations. The breakfast staff were all fantastic and the manager went over and above the call of duty to make us welcome. Terraces breakfast gets a 10/10
- having to take my luggage to the room after check-in. I checked in before my husband and I suffer from a chronic illness that made having to walk my suitcase, makeup bag and handbag to the room extremely difficult. My daughter brought me to the hotel and a porter took my case from the car to the edge of reception but there was no further offer of assistance. Every other 4-5* hotel I've ever checked in to has had bell boy / porter service for luggage. I am not supposed to carry weights over 10lb and my suitcase weighed at least 20kg (okay I pack for all eventualities), add to this the distance from reception to our room in the north tower, the carpeted hallway and the inadequate signage to the lifts and it was an extremely arduous task! At one point I felt like sitting on the floor and crying which thankfully I managed to overcome! I didn't feel comfortable to ask for assistance, which many disabled patrons wouldn't as it makes you stand out! This is definitely an area that can be improved and takes your customer service rating from a 10/10 to a 7/10.
- The temperature of the food from the carvery section during dinner at Terraces. We ate at 8pm on the Friday and the temperature of the food was tepid at best with the lamb actually being cold. The quality and taste of the food was fantastic, the assortment was amazing even though neither of us is keen on Seafood we still had plenty of choice. The temperature of the food drops the rating from what would have been excellent 10/10 to very good 8/10.
The complimentary room upgrade, chocs and champagne was a lovely gesture together with celebration cake on Fri that we were given to take back to our room as I was unwell at dinner.
Things that could improve the resort for holiday makers would be consideration of offering a full board food package option for use of the Terraces Buffet at a discounted rate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by sparkling lagoons and tropical gardens. The Gold Coast's only five star resort to offer an absolute beachfront location. SPG Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Mirage Hotel Main Beach
- Sheraton Main Beach
- Main Beach Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast Australia