My partner and I stayed at the Sheraton Mirage on the Gold Coast mid July-14 for a winter getaway. As other reviewers have mentioned, this hotel is is well placed right on the beach away from the noise and traffic of Surfers Paradise with restaurants and shopping right across the road at the marina.
We had no issues with check in, in fact the porter had delivered our luggage extremely quickly, it was waiting for us in our room when we walked from the reception desk to our room. Very good service.
Our Lagoon Room which was larger than expected and was well fitted out, quite modern and almost identical to the Lagoon room photos on the Sheraton website. The King Size bed was very comfortable, which was a surprise as most hotel beds are not comfortable. The room had a flat screen TV, which had a few problems. The TV would freeze then reset itself to the hotels "Welcome" screen, and one of the channels was completely frozen. We reported this to reception and a tech visited our room and rebooted the TV system and all was fixed.
The room although nice, was quite noisy, we could hear lots of movement in the room above, general noise and running water from the shower or toilet, we also heard a lot of noise from the hall, mostly other guests chatting, there seems to be very little soundproofing or insulation in the hotel.
During our stay there was a large function in one of the hotels function rooms, we could hear loud thumping music from the function until after midnight. Maybe it was because our Lagoon room faced inwards towards the main building? I'm not sure if other guests/rooms could hear the noise also but we found it unacceptable to be disturbed by loud music so late. This was also reported to reception.
The following afternoon we received a note from management with a complimentary bottle of wine and cheese platter, apologising for the TV issues and acknowledging that the noise from the function was unacceptable. This was a nice gesture and the acknowledgement of the issues was appreciated.
We did not eat dinner in any of the hotel restaurants, however we did have the buffet breakfast, which was typical for a hotel buffet breakfast, with plenty of options available.
We found the hotel to be very clean and all of the staff pleasant, however the hotel lacked any sort of atmosphere or vibe and generally felt lacklustre, however I will add that we didn't expect, or want a party vibe, but we felt the place was a bit dull and did not have any warmth or charm. Maybe it was due to the large open spaces and white walls/ceilings in the public areas... who knows
Upon returning home, and checking my credit card account, I noticed that I was charged for our stay twice!! I called the hotel, but got no explaination as to how this happened, but it is currently being resolved
Generally we had a nice stay, but we wouldn't stay here again due to the noise and dullness of the property
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by sparkling lagoons and tropical gardens. The Gold Coast's only five star resort to offer an absolute beachfront location. SPG Members receive complimentary in room internet when booking direct. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood APAC, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Mirage Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Mirage Hotel Main Beach
- Sheraton Main Beach
- Main Beach Sheraton
- Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast Australia