“Short stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Brisbane Region, Australia
“Short stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I recently enjoyed my third stay at a Qld Sheraton property. Every moment spent st the resort was relaxing and enjoyable. My room was spacious, clean and inviting. The bed was warm and offered a restful nights sleep and the bathroom was clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank C C
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear C C

Thank you for your support of Starwood Hotels in Queensland, and for staying with us here at Sheraton Mirage for the first time.

We’re delighted you continue to enjoy the Starwood experience, and especially that you found our beautiful resort so relaxing and enjoyable.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back when you are next planning a trip down to the Coast.

Warmest regards
Mark

PS And a big thank you from us all for choosing Sheraton Mirage as your first TripAdvisor review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

On my visit in April from Melbourne this year I woke up at 6 AM to go to the pool before my family arrived at mid morning to take me to Byron Bay.
I had 3 nasty bites on my shoulder- which I photographed with my Iphone-
I had a shower and afterwards my trunk, arms and legs started to welt up with big blisters.
I photographed these also.
I know I was bitten by something and my opinion is that it was a bed bug.
I understand that a hotel is vulnerable to what their guests may bring in to a room on their travels especially from overseas,
It took 6 weeks for the reoccurring rashes to go completely.
It ruined my holiday and my enjoyment of a family wedding-
I emailed the hotel and sent the photos but I have been replied to with platitudes and implications that maybe I got seafood poisoning, as I mentioned to the desk staff that I had eaten on the Broad Water that night.I don't think seafood gives you 3 bites on your shoulder whilst in bed!
I am very disappointed that the Sheraton has fobbed me off- I'm obviously not a valued client!
I'm now really unsure about staying in Hotels -

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Misha699
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Misha

We have just accessed your review and photos which have appeared on the Sheraton Mirage Trip Advisor page overnight, and acknowledge your further comments regarding your April stay, and our response when you contacted us directly regarding your experience.

To carry out a follow up six weeks after your visit was not ideal, but we did so immediately you contacted us in mid-May, conducting a thorough inspection of the room you occupied, and its bedding. No infestation was detected, nor did we receive any similar feedback from guests who occupied that room subsequent to your stay.

We were disappointed you felt you were “fobbed” off, as our response was genuine, and we truly regret that was not how this communication was received. And please know our follow up prior to responding was thorough, and included careful review and consideration of the email and photos you provided at the time, and the feedback you had extended on check out which in no way indicated an issue with your room or bedding.

Misha, we are very sorry your visit to the Gold Coast was spoilt by your experience and for the distress and discomfort this caused you. Your comment regarding hotel stays are noted and respected. As indicated in my email of 26 May however, we hope we might have the pleasure of welcoming you again, and do reach out to Charlie McArthur or myself if we can assist you at that time.

Warm regards
Mark Sexton
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel has to be the choice to stay when visiting the Gold Coast. The service, food and pool area was amazing! Especially the sweet sleeper beds - like sleeping on a cloud. I will definitely be staying here next year when I return for the Gold Coast Marathon weekend!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jayne L
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Jayne

We are delighted you chose our resort for your visit to the Coast, and we appreciate your lovely review.

Looking forward to welcoming you back for the 2015 Gold Coast Marathon weekend.

Till then…all the very best from all of us here at Sheraton Mirage.

Warmest regards
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had the joy of staying in a 2 bedroom villa. Its large and beautifully appointed and is away from the main part of the hotel.

This property must be 30 years old, but doesn't look it. Everything about it has been updated or was simply a classic to start. Palzzo Versace is sexier and newer, but this is the equal best hotel on the coast

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Aussie2and2
Dear Aussie2and2

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Mirage for your family visit down to the Coast, and for taking the time to review your experience so positively.

Our villa accommodation is very popular, and we are delighted this was so suitable, and so enjoyed.

Please come back and see us again soon!

With warm appreciation
Mark and the
Sheraton Mirage Team
Brisbane
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Yes! I would highly recommend staying at the Mirage on your next business trip ,staying would give you an edge as it is relaxing,first class food,just wonderful service ,the staff are so helpful it's amazing service.You will leave to meet your business meeting the next day less stressed and feeling refreshed..

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Businessgirl2
Dear Businessgirl2

Thank you for your recommendation, and your lovely comments on our resort, and our associates.

We are honoured you chose our resort for your first TripAdvisor review, and look forward to when we can next be of service, whether it be for another business stay, or perhaps a leisure one?

Warmest wishes
Melbourne
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Staff were pleasant and helpful, studio room comfortable and welcoming. Excellent range of facilities. Couldn't have wished for more!we had a good view of the beach, easy to find hotel, plenty of room.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank gypsygayle
Hi Gayle

We’re delighted you chose to share your Sheraton Mirage experience in your first TripAdvisor review, and that this stay was such an enjoyable one. Thank you!

We hope you will return when you are next heading to the amazing Gold Coast.

Warmly
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very relaxed and probably the cleanest hotel I've stayed at in a while. I like that they value feedback on cleanliness and are open to special requests. Staff are friendly and helpful - no problems at all. Also they reward you with restaurant vouchers for each day you choose to decline housekeeping services. Nice location as well with beach access, although I didn't get to take advantage of this.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank adv3ntur3
MarkSexton, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Amex Traveller

All of us here at Sheraton Mirage appreciated and enjoyed your review, and especially our wonderful Housekeeping team! Thank you for your special commendation, and for taking the time to share your Sheraton Mirage experience.

Warmly
Meriton Suites Southport
Peppers Broadbeach
Peppers Broadbeach
#2 of 21 in Broadbeach

Been to Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast? Share your experiences!