“Great family getaway”
Review of Sea World Resort

Sea World Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My family of 4 stayed here for 5 nights in the Bay Wing and we loved it.
The room was lovely and clean, the colours were bright, fresh and it was very relaxing in there.
The only thing I would have liked to have had was a clothes airer/washing line outside as we had 4 beach towels and swimmers to try and dry every day.

All the staff we met were amazingly friendly and helpful.

The food was a bit expensive but i was delicious, there were no complaints from my kids or partner.

The kids had a ball in the pool. Thee lifeguards were always very vigilant. My kids are strong swimmers but its always nice to know there's an extra set of eyes on them.
We were out during most of the day and we missed out on the Spongebob playground opening hours. We did get to see the Spongebob Splash Bash light show and it was definately a highlight for adults and kids alike.

To get a break from the kids on the 4th night of our stay we pu them into the kids club.
They had such an amazing time they both begged to go back the next night. It was $47 a night for both my kids (including dinner) and it was absolutely worth it. We happily paid for them to go in the next night. Stephan is great with the kids!

Overall we loved our stay and we will definitely return.

2  Thank Sheree W

Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed here for a week with my husband and two children, what an amazing family fun resort. Not only do you get entry to the Seaworld Park but the Resort itself is full of family fun things to do. The pool is lovely and large, the spa is in need of a refurb but the Sponge Bob Water Park they have created is awesome and every night there is a spongebob disco in the water with lots of lights and music, the kids go wild for it. The room itself was very clean and nice but keep in mind that that's all it is, there is not kitchenette and you do have to eat out quite a bit. The shoreline restaurant is great for buffet meals and really has some delicious meals but it maybe better and more cost effective to eat out somewhere else other than within the Resort. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a fun family holiday.

3  Thank Rebecca C
GM_Sea_World_Resort, General Manager at Sea World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Rebecca C,
Thanks for your review. It's great to hear that you recommend us for a fun family holiday.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

My cousin and I stayed here with our two sons after finding a deal on Cudo which seemed to be really great. When we first arrived the porter was very friendly and helpful as was the young man at reception. Reception is beautiful and is probably what has been refurbished in the resort. Walking down to our room it reminded me of a cheap B grade hotel they use in the movies where all the prostitutes stay and work. My cousin likened it more to a prison. Very old and tired looking. The rooms were nice and clean, servicing of the rooms could not be faulted. The beds were lovely and very comfortable.
For a family resort this establishment does not come up to standard. The playgrounds are pathetic, the games room is absolutely pathetic. I have stayed in apartments in Surfers where the facilities for children are absolutely magnificent. The restaurants are so overpriced and expensive, if you do not have a hire car you will be spending alot of money on food here. The spongebob splashback water park was okay however not open all of the time? Pools were average, nothing special. The receptionist failed to inform us that we could also access Sea worlds water park for free through the back of the resorts water park. We were told this on day 4. Kids club was very expensive and there was nothing exciting that made me want to put my son in there.
In regards to service, the service in the resort teetered from great to terrible rude and arrogant. My cousin asked a couple of workers at the front where the japanese restaurant is and he rolled his eyes and said "at the japanese restaurant" and did a finger point in the direction of the restaurant. Sometimes you just got the total ignore while workers had their own private conversation whilst serving you. Other workers who were more easily flustered gave you a stressed rushed service instead. Overall customer service needs a major overhaul.
Great being so close to Seaworld.
If I had to pay full price to stay at this hotel I would have been very very peed off. Average holiday and I would not recommend it to any friends or family and we wont be returning.
To the management, go to the USA and get some training on how customer service these people excel at it!

3  Thank seza69

We find your comments regarding our Resort very upsetting to hear. It is sad that you compare us to a cheap B grade hotel where prostitutes stay and work!
We have over 300,000 guests who stay with us each year and the majority of these have a wonderful guest experience at Sea World Resort & Water Park. We will always be the first to admit when we fail to deliver on product or service. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I hope that when people read your feedback they will continue to read all of the positive ones below. My apologies if we did not live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We loved our stay at this resort and loved how close it was to the theme park. The pool area was fantastic for my 3 year old. The room was perfect and very well maintained. I would highly recommend this resort for families

Room Tip: all rooms see to be good, although we didn't face the pool we had a room facing the theme park w...

Dear lisa338,
Another great recommendation, thank you.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

This is a great location being attached to seaworld its always going to be popular. It seems weird that if you book a room with 2 adults and 2 kids they give you two double beds?? The facility claims to have been refurbished but a lot of it still looks like it is in the 70's.

The cost of eating and drinkng anything at the hotel is extreme, $7 for a light beer (more than Heron Island which I went to in the same week which is 80km of the coast). We did opt for the buffet one night and it was very good with a large selection.

So to summarise the kids wont be disappointed, if you come prepared with drinks and food you may make it out with your credit card still intact......... Just hang on to the kids when you walk through the gift shop to get in Seaworld though.

1  Thank Njp40

On booking our room descriptions are made very clear. The majority of our rooms do have two beds which seems to suit most families. We do however offer many different options, these can be seen on our website or via our Reservations Department. They will be more than happy to discuss these and find the best option for your family group. It is good to hear that you enjoyed our buffet and that your children enjoyed being so close to Sea World, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our little girl for our honeymoon/family moon. To say we are disapointed is an under statement. We arrived at 9:30am which was well & good because we wanted to go into sea world. The staff had said our room would be ready before check in time at 2pm. Our little girl is only 20 months so we thought this is great cause she could have a sleep after lunch.. We got back to the resort at 1pm & were told to come back in 30 mins as room wasn't ready. We came back at 1:50pm and got told we had to wait a further 30 mins for our room.. Our daughter was screaming by this stage. Once we finally got to our room, it was lovely & clean, the pool was fantastic! Then it came to dinner... Omg. We ate in the bar bit. It was very busy, but they gave me the wrong order, so I sent it back wanting cannelloni.. 45 mins after sending food back, I asked staff for my money back & got told I couldn't because I'd payed by eftpos.. Then the manager came out with my meal & told me it was freshly made. It was the worst food I'd had ever eaten. It tasted like rubber & was like it had been sitting there for hours. I had to take it back to my room as my daughter was screaming because she'd been sitting in that cafe bit for 2 hours... It was so over priced & tasted disgusting, so did my husbands, he didn't eat most of his & mine was thrown out. The next morning we had the cleaners knock on our door at 9am while we were packing to leave.. My husband went & asked one of the door guys if we could use a trolley for all our bags & it's like we were the worst people in the world asking for their service! Then Dora came in the foyer in the morning so my daughter ran straight up to her in excitement & a staff member yelled at us that she had to go in line... (I was right behind her & well aware there was a line up, I wasn't going to let her go).
So all in all, the resort amenities were great, but the staff & service was disgraceful. It's like the staff just don't want to be there. I'm extremely disapointed as I've wanted to stay there for a long time. The best bit was the pool & then the light show at night. My daughter enjoyed that, but me & my husband did not like the whole experience at all.

• Stayed: March 2013

It is disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your honeymoon with us.
I have contacted you directly to discuss this further.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We stayed here during the peak season in January, and the crowds at the buffets were a little scary! But that was the only negative thing about our time there. A big shout out to their fantastic staff, we were so impressed by the level of service they provided and all were so friendly and great to the kids. The proximity to Sea World is of course a real winner and the light show at night is not to be missed, if only for the spectacle of getting to see hundreds of kids all singing at the top of their lungs and having such fun. Have absolutely no hesitation recommending this as the best hotel for families on the Gold Coast.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
GM_Sea_World_Resort, General Manager at Sea World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2013

Dear LiveLoveLifeLaugh...
This is just excellent to hear. Thank you from all the team at Sea World Resort & Water Park.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
#5 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
#14 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Sea World Resort? Share your experiences!