“The Most Funtastic Resort on the Gold Coast!!!”
Review of Sea World Resort

Sea World Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 1 April 2013 via mobile

My family and I always stay at Sea World Resort when we visit the Gold Coast which is at least several times a year and as far as I'm concerned there is no where else that compares! Firstly I have read some of the other reviews on here and I'm not sure where these people were staying or what planet they're from but they were certainly not staying at the same beautiful Resort as me. I have stayed at plenty of other hotels on the Gold Coast and none of them come close to Sea World Resort. From the moment you arrive you know your on holidays and that you are going to have a relaxing time. The car parking and wifi are free which is a bonus and the guys on concierge are the most helpful and friendliest concierge staff you will ever meet. The lobby area is simply stunning and has an amazing view with beautiful tropical gardens leading out to the Pool, Sponge Bob Splash Blash, Water Play area and Broadwater. The staff on reception are truly amazing so eager to help and they always greet you with a smile. The hotel has a lot of different room types and specials to choose from on their website so you are sure to find one that suits your family. We prefer the deluxe queen view rooms with view overlooking the pool but all the rooms are lovely. The Resorts ambience even walking through the corridors remind you of a tropical paradise. The rooms are spacious and the beds and pillows are very comfortable and I think the block out curtains are the perfect touch for having a sleep in whilst on holidays. My kids love watching Nickelodeon and sometimes we even purchase a movie for the night. The marble bathrooms are quite nice and I love being able to have a soak in the bathtub. The housekeeping staff also do an amazing job and the rooms are serviced daily which is great as it saves me making beds and gives me more time to play with the kids. My children always complain at home that I never spend anytime with them and that all I do is work or clean the house so Sea World Resort gives me the opportunity to spend time with my kids doing something fun that we can all enjoy like playing ping pong or tennis. My kids and I absolutely love the pool area as there is so much for kids of all ages to do and the lifeguards at the Resort do an amazing job. You can even access the water park area next door in Sea World through the back of the pool area. For lunch we always grab a bite from the Waterfall Cafe which serves beautiful food you should definitely try the chicken quesadillas and fish n chips "yummy" not to mention the tropical cocktails for the grown ups and you can use your Sea World drink cups to get refills for the kids. The Resort also has a great gym and sauna area with a separate shower and changing room which is very handy to use both before and after you have checked in and out. For dining options you should consider purchasing a privilege card before you arrive as it gives you discounts on food and beverage not too mention room rates. We love the Shoreline Restaurant for breakfast the buffet has so much to choose from and the seafood dinner buffet on the weekend is always a huge hit, kids are just $1 per year of their age and the staff are so friendly and nice. And last but not least is the location what more could you want situated right on the Broadwater just across the road from the beach and next door to Sea World it's truly amazing and so peaceful away from all the hustle and bustle of Surfers Paradise. When staying at the resort for 2 nights or more you can enjoy the Dolphin Discovery presentation and if you pay an extra $40 you can have your photo taken with a dolphin which I think makes a great memento of your holiday! The kids also love having their photo taken with a character in the lobby each morning. My favourite things about staying here are relaxing by the pool whilst watching the kids and using our VIP passes to visit all the Theme Parks.

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank VoucherQueen101
Write a ReviewReviews (4,706)

Reviewed 30 March 2013

At Seaworld Resort ....The rooms are situated around an internal block akin to a prison block, regardless of your outlook, a monorail or pool (ours was pool). Inside, they are sufficient, but I guess you expect at least that for a Family Deluxe 2 bed apartment, for $1880 for 3 nights, which is just two rooms stuck together with an adjoining door. It was clean but not deluxe and everything slightly old, bathroom fitments / toilet rusty and no fan working in the bathrooms. When you go to Seaworld, there is no benefit staying at the Seaworld Resort. Your VIP tickets mean nothing, except, free entry / rides, which everyone gets who pays at the gate, you just pay with your accommodation. No big saving. Your pre-booked animal adventures - Q up, as no special attention there. All we got extra was not paying $5 to go into Cascade Falls swimming area.

This place needs to learn from the USA, pick up its food, service and relationship as a resort with adjoining theme park.

The food is a shocker, the service is average - that is being incredibly kind and we wont return again.Probably try the Mirage if we do GC theme parks again.

The spa is really crap by the way. Massage and facial - they spend more time at the sink making a noise and then its all fluffy and horrid - cringe worthy . Even kids pedi's went wrong at $40 a pop too.

Generally it is not a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Not sure we can help - we chose a family deluxe - it was two average rooms with an adjoining door ne...
1  Thank FBendall
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This was our second time staying at Sea World Resort, this time on a 5 night Cudo voucher deal. (Do you think you will run this offer again as if so, we need to start saving!) Good value for money as we had unlimited access into Sea World, Movie World and Wet 'n Wild. Had great sleeps in our room (good curtains - room is so dark) and ate too much at Shorelines (favourite was cavery night). Found all staff very friendly and our daughter made friends with other kids staying there. This time she was old enought to participate in the SpongeBob Splashpad light show which was a highlight for her. I'd say we will probably be back again next year :)

Room Tip: We paid the little bit extra to upgrade to a view room and would definitely do this again.
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We've stayed here 3 times and know what to expect, so we love it. It is expensive for the level of accommodation, but not ridiculous if you package it up with the theme park entry. For us, it's all about how happy the kids are....and this place is great for kids with its splash playground! Having a car is a must if you don't want to eat in the Hotel's expensive restaurant all the time; there are some good family eateries just up the road. Rooms are nice, service good, but the access to Sea World is the best part of this Hotel!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonja64Sydney
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Three of us recently stayed here on an excellent internet deal. Found reception on check a little underwhelming, with the receptionist informing us our room wouldn't be ready till 2pm to come back then. When I looked at my watch it was 1.56pm. Four minutes later I then went back to reception and was informed that our room was now ready!! Room was great, big and clean with a bathroom that looked like it had recently been renovated. We were on the ground floor which I liked and our room overlooked the seaway, so great view. Unfortunately there are no cooking facilities in the room so your only option for meals is in the resort. Like most resorts it had limited options and whilst food was ok, service was hit and miss. Saturday night dinner was good with pretty good service but breakfast the next day was not. We waited over an hour and half for pancakes and toast. We got a good deal for the weekend so pretty happy but if we had paid school holidayprices I would have been annoyed.

2  Thank Karen D
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My family of 4 stayed here for 5 nights in the Bay Wing and we loved it.
The room was lovely and clean, the colours were bright, fresh and it was very relaxing in there.
The only thing I would have liked to have had was a clothes airer/washing line outside as we had 4 beach towels and swimmers to try and dry every day.

All the staff we met were amazingly friendly and helpful.

The food was a bit expensive but i was delicious, there were no complaints from my kids or partner.

The kids had a ball in the pool. Thee lifeguards were always very vigilant. My kids are strong swimmers but its always nice to know there's an extra set of eyes on them.
We were out during most of the day and we missed out on the Spongebob playground opening hours. We did get to see the Spongebob Splash Bash light show and it was definately a highlight for adults and kids alike.

To get a break from the kids on the 4th night of our stay we pu them into the kids club.
They had such an amazing time they both begged to go back the next night. It was $47 a night for both my kids (including dinner) and it was absolutely worth it. We happily paid for them to go in the next night. Stephan is great with the kids!

Overall we loved our stay and we will definitely return.

2  Thank Sheree W
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I stayed here for a week with my husband and two children, what an amazing family fun resort. Not only do you get entry to the Seaworld Park but the Resort itself is full of family fun things to do. The pool is lovely and large, the spa is in need of a refurb but the Sponge Bob Water Park they have created is awesome and every night there is a spongebob disco in the water with lots of lights and music, the kids go wild for it. The room itself was very clean and nice but keep in mind that that's all it is, there is not kitchenette and you do have to eat out quite a bit. The shoreline restaurant is great for buffet meals and really has some delicious meals but it maybe better and more cost effective to eat out somewhere else other than within the Resort. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a fun family holiday.

3  Thank Rebecca C
GM_Sea_World_Resort, General Manager at Sea World Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Dear Rebecca C,
Thanks for your review. It's great to hear that you recommend us for a fun family holiday.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
Mantra on View Hotel
Mantra on View Hotel
#10 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Sea World Resort? Share your experiences!