We stayed here for 5 nights in Winter school holidays, which was a lot cheaper than peak time and other than one day of rain the weather was good. Apart from being a bit too far way from everything but Seaworld, the stay was fantastic and the kids especially loved it. The huge outdoor pool being heated in the winter was a real bonus and our deciding factor to choose here. Take wetsuits if you have them though for a night swim.
We were disappointed that their in-resort water park wasn't open but they did have a nightly water fun activity which the kids thought was fantastic with lights and water squirting up all over the place, you could here the delighted squeals every night at 8.00.
Resort is right next door to Sea World but about half an hour drive from the other theme parks, so be prepared for that if you get a package deal including movie world and wet wild. The resort offers discounted tickets to Outback Spectacular show too when you get there for any available last minute seats which were great value! Outback Spectacular is next door to Movie world so again you have the drive over there at night.
Overall very happy with accommodation, the basic room we had was great but I would suggest a microwave addition would be handy. The restaurants on site are fairly normal expected prices but if you can get a deal with discounted dining its well worth it and the food we had was fantastic, generous serves and lots of variety in the menu.
The dolphin discovery in the mornings is well worth doing too and free for seaworld guests to attend before the park opens, you just need to pay extra if you want photos with the dolphins.
Lovely staff all round, no problems there at all, you can expect their full co-operation and help which is always good as no-one wants to be arguing with staff on their holiday, which I have unfortunately experienced in other hotels.
Thanks for a great holiday!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Australia/Gold Coast