Lets start with the positive.....great play facilities in the pool area. Our daughter had a ball. And that's about it for the positives.
Let's talk about the negatives: The pool was freezing....and I mean icy cold. Would be great if you could at least take the chill off so the kids aren't shivering/freezing after 15 minutes of swimming.
Staff - never been so disgusted in my life! From the welcoming and then the ongoing service of staff at this resort the whole experience was appalling. Your staff are rude, unfriendly and seem totally uninterested in offering any kind of assistance. I heard a staff member grunt at a family as she walked away from them, your staff were rude to my family and barely cracked a smile at any child. We tried to get information about the kids club and your staff member ignored us. There was no information about anything in the rooms and to ask staff was a challenge. Seriously where is the Australian spirit? It isn't at this resort. A smile goes a long way and your staff should learn to smile...at least at the kids. The staff seem flustered and everything was too much trouble for them.
We had a refurbished room which was nice however it was not cleaned properly at all with cobwebs and spiders in the cupboard.
The water slide at the water park still wasn't working properly and kept breaking down. People were paying to enter the water park purely to use the slide and no one told them it had stopped working. I know one lady wanted to get her money back and I doubt very much that would've happened!
Entry into resort....easy for anyone. Anyone can walk in and use the pool area.
Take this resort and put it in another country I say. For a family resort, you have a lot to learn about children and families, customer service and just plain being nice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Australia/Gold Coast