We as a group of 4 families had a 5 nights stay in this hotel in 4 separate rooms and all agreed that we experienced the most unprofessional and substandard hotel stay.
There is absolutely NOTHING in this hotel that matches world standard except its price! Its staff are arrogant and lazy. Its place is outdated and dirty. Its facilities are extremely "down to earth".
As soon as we entered the hotel lobby, we immediately felt "what a minimalism design", it probably hasn't been renovated for over 50 years. To check in, we had to queue up for over 20 minutes.
Then as soon as we entered the room, the feeling was "rooms are worse than any serviced apartment on the Gold Coast". Bath in my room is so dirty that small pieces of dirt are sitting in the bath welcoming us. During the whole stay, table tops or furnitures were never wiped so dust has built up to a thick layer by the time we checked out. When looking at the beds, the mattresses all slope in in the middle proving the senior age of these mattresses.
When I picked up our theme park tickets at the Adventure Centre, I queued up there for 30 minutes because there was only 1 staff servicing during this school holiday time.
There are many more occasions of wait in this hotel that I can't all list out. If you have too much time to kill, this would be your best choice.
Despite of the wait, the "wouldn't care less attitude" of the staff is another selling point of the hotel's. Throughout the stay, all the 16 of us agreed that we were not there to be served, we were there to BEG for service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Australia/Gold Coast