I've stayed several times in the last year. It's old and tired (30-40 years I'd guess) but small kids love it. They've put a bit of effort into the pool. Of the last three stays it was cleared twice for "poo" alerts. The rooms would be good value at half the price, but I guess there is a lot of demand. The philosophy seems to be just to make money. Was stung for a "Privelege" card that turns out to be next to useless unless you spend far more money than you should. Same with "VIP" cards. And dont come back later expecting to get in to the theme park. You're officiously told that it's only for guests. Well I was when I paid the 200 bucks. I guess you're only welcome while you're splashing the money about. Big queues for the pricey restaurants, long walk to the rooms, seems like I constantly had to have my wallet out. I recommend considering other options and not assume the resort is pocket-friendly despite the family-friendly veneer. Won't be back in this lifetime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Australia/Gold Coast