On the 18th of october my partner and i got married at seaworld resort, worst experience of my life.
Let’s start with the planning.I would definitely not recommend getting married here to anyone! Leading up to the wedding i was stressing like anything, seaworld did very little to help, i would continually email them asking to make some plans, ie menu, music, time frames and they would always tell me they will get in touch closer to the date. Nothing was really set in stone until about 3 weeks before the wedding, which i felt like was pretty poor. I never had a chance to "stop and enjoy the excitment of getting married" because we were still planning it up until the last minute.
Then the day we checked in, after being sent from person to person it became apparent that we didn’t have a booking, we were left waiting in the lobby with a 2 & 4 year old for well over an hour while staff tried to figure out what was going on. In the end “we were upgraded” to a different room to which we booked. As it was the first time my children would be spending away from home a lot of planning went into this, booking a room that had two beds close together was my main focus even giving up the honeymoon suite for the night, instead of the large room with two queen beds we were given a room with a double bed and a sofa bed in the lounge room. The stay with my children was a disaster, the first night there (the night before my wedding) my wife was up and down all night trying to first get the kids to sleep in a strange place in a separate room from their mum and then trying to settle them throughout the night before giving up in the early hours of the money and taking both kids into the double bed with her. Only to be awoken again at 4 am as the blinds in her room didn’t shut.
The following day was a little chaotic as you could imagine, someone came to clean our room that morning which included a poopy diaper from our youngest he said as it was very busy in the room he would come back we said ok, as the only bin you provided in that room was a tiny office like bin so we had gathered rubbish in a pile on our bench, when we returned after our ceremony no one had returned to clean our room and we had the joy of placing our cake next to the rubbish on the bench and smelling poop until the next morning. As much as my wife would be devastated for me to say but the whole day was a disaster and I can see it in her eyes it upsets her, it was pouring for most of the day (yes I know not your fault) but was told we would have up until an hour before to make the decision to do inside or outside, and yet 3.5 hours before the wedding we were put on the spot to make a decision we choose inside and yet by the time our wedding started the sun was out :(, the gift boxes weren’t placed in the correct spots making our guests go on a treasure hunt to find theirs although some people had already eaten their chocolates out of the box placed with their name card etc. etc. then unfortunately my wife received her “monthly”, being in a white dress she was stressing, I went to the front desk hoping to get any type of sanitary products but was told you didn’t have any (a huge gorgeous hotel with wedding after wedding and you don’t stock something so simple, even a coin dispenser machine in the bathrooms?) I was told the guest shop probably would have some but they were already shut. I had to return to my office to get my car keys and drive elsewhere to pick them up by now I had already had a few beers but was unsure what else I could do as my wife hovered around the bathroom and the wedding coordinator had already left. I returned about 20 minutes later only to see they had packed up most of the food without even consulting us, the only food we had left was the little bit of cold food we had served up before my wife realised her little lady problem.
The next morning we had room service breakfast as part of our package, we set out to enjoy our first day as a married couple only to return to our room at about 4/5pm and had to step over our dirty breakfast dishes to enter our room. We also had to call maintenance about the curtains not shutting and the toilet that ran all night, he mucked around for a few minutes which stopped the toilet running for a few hours until it was flushed again in which it begun again. At that time my wife broke down and just sat on the end of the bed and sobbed. The kids had to sleep on blankets on the floor as that was the only way we could all get some sleep.
So much planning went into our wedding, we wanted to stay somewhere that was child friendly, that we could have our own "honey moon" like holiday as we felt our children were to young to be left, and the whole thing was a complete disaster. We wrote to seaworld expressing our dissapointment and got a very cut and copy response with an offer if we come back next year we can get one night free, what a joke, needless to say we will not be going back, for what we thought could be a yearly holiday with our young children and reminisce about our gorgeous wedding day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Australia/Gold Coast