we just spent 5 nights at Sea World Resort. it's close to Sea World and has a really lovely pool. Our room was in the Garden wing at the very end which was very quiet but far from many amenities. the Lobby is on the 3rd floor while the resort facilities are on the ground floor. to get to sea world you need to go up to the 3rd floor, through the gift shop and our to the monorail station. the monorail is slow so it usually made sense to walk in using the long switchback ramp - down again.
the rooms were not large. if you have a number of people staying it can get a little cramped and there is not much space to store your suitcases. there were no robes or slippers, but you can buy slippers for $5 at the gift shop. the toiletries were nice, but there was no sewing kit or shower cap. the standard room had two double beds. they were a bit saggy and too soft for my tastes.
the staff were either brilliant or terrible. special mention goes to Kathleen at the front desk and to Jon at the lounge who were fantastic. the pool is beautiful and well maintained. it also has lifeguards from opening till closing (9pm).
My Child loved the pool and the balcony, there are playgrounds in every wing and parking lots near to every wing which makes getting out to your car faster. I recommend renting a car, the parking was plentiful and free at all the parks and movie world and wet and wild are about 25 minute drive away.
there is a small shopping center down the road with a mc Donalds, a chemist and a few other things. it's also where you can book boat tours and go to a few different restaurants. the Shoreline restaurant is ok but very expensive with only average food. we all agreed that the food was acceptable but not excellent. the breakfasts were better. unfortunately the packages for the buffet restaurant were on a night and morning basis. you could buy your dinner and breakfast for the next day at a small discount but not a weekly meal plan or breakfast plan. we would have been interested in a discounted breakfast plan for the week.
For those with disabilities or pain issues there are only two elevators, one per half. there are loads of stairs but walking to and waiting for the elevator can be quite tiring. I suggest asking for a room near the elevator if you need it. (I'm pretty sure we did and it was ignored but try anyway)
we had a wonderful time and my 4 year old loved it. the rooms are fine if you don't intend to spend much time in them. the in room dining is fantastic and not too expensive by resort standards. we fell asleep exhausted most nights after big days at the parks and the blackout curtains were most welcome! it is a solid 3.5 star hotel trying to be a little more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Australia/Gold Coast