“Check the small things first such as atm's, toilets and coffee machines”
Review of Sea World Resort

Sea World Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
“Check the small things first such as atm's, toilets and coffee machines”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the resort as part of a wedding party overnight on the 14th June. We were surprised when attempting to obtain money from the one ATM provided to find it out of order and no other way of getting money without leaving the resort and going to the Marina down the road. Another surprise came at breakfast time when dying to have a morning cup of coffee only to find that again there was only the one coffee machine and it was placed in such a way as to make it almost impossible to read the working instructions due to the way the sun reflected off the windows obliterating the instruction panel.
Sea World Resort has been in operation for at least 20-30 years or more and should have it's act together by now. ATM's are a must and more than one should be on offer to your guests in case of breakdown as well as alternate methods of obtaining money rather than be told to go down the road. Simple things such as coffee machines should be placed throughout the eating areas and placed in a way that the guest does not have to rely on a guide dog because they cannot read the instruction panel, coffee is cheap and should be on supply.
This is the 21st century and your establishment is supposed to showcase Australian hospitality and quite frankly fails to do so. For the level of star rating it has it fails in the simple things and there appears to be no thought given to things at that level.
Your staff were great, the room where we stayed (Park 3031) was good, the toilet a little to close to the wall and the toilet roll holders were placed in a way that to wipe one's behind required some small degree of gymnastics. Overall we had a good time only to let down by those small things and we wonder that if we natives can find these faults then just what do your international guests see? Food for thought as we for one will explore other options next we visit the coast.

Room Tip: Check how you fit on the toilet first.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,005)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
Singapore
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a one night stayed at the Sea World resort. We had a room in the bay wing and our room has a nice sea view. Room is clean and comfortable. However the lift and surrounding area in the bay wing are in need of refurbishing. The TV programme is also limited.
Overall, our stayed is pleasant considering that our main purpose of staying here is due to its proximity to the Sea World.

• Stayed June 2014
qld
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Been travelling around aus for 6 weeks, and so far my stop off @ seaworld resort has been a high light . Ok so its a tad old.... But to me that equated to experience. The rooms and the facilities were a bit out dated but very clean.
Now for all u food lovers OMG yum yum yum. And the service from the staff in the bar and restaurant was exceptional.
a lovely staff member .... Doni ?
Was really helpful and very attentive to my experience .
She kind of made me feel like a VIP.

• Stayed June 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I had been having a stressful time and just wanted to have a weekend filled with fun and excitement with my 3 year old daughter. I booked last minute, which I was extremely lucky as they were pretty busy AND it was a long weekend.

The Lady I spoke to on the phone was initially quite impressionable until I asked her what the safety deposit for the room would be once I got there. She informed me that there would be no further money to be put down and began speaking to me as though I was dumb after I asked if she was sure and that it is a normal expectation of a hotel/resort (the reason why I was asking this question is because my bankcard was damaged, therefore could not be swiped and some places won't manually enter the details??!!- Even though the exact same details were given over the phone to pay for the accommodation. So if there was a deposit, I would need to withdraw cash prior).

So I arrived there with my 3 year old daughter and when I was checking in, they required a deposit. I repeated the conversation I had previously on the phone, extremely frustrated. And I offered for them to manually enter the details on my card, which I know is possible as I have used multiple EFTPOS/Credit Card machines doing the same thing. And the response I had was appalling, the man behind the desk said 'I've worked here for 20 years and have not once seen anything like this- how are we going to take money from you if we need?' He made me feel like scum actually as though he was looking down his nose at me. This was all while my 3 year old daughter was getting anxious to see the dolphins- pulling on my clothes, etc. The deposit would have only been $10 from my account, however $200 in cash. I had $200 cash on me- but that was all I had withdrawn.

Eventually, after telling them if they had a problem that I would require a refund and not worry about staying the night- they 'let me off this time'. So I validated the tickets, put our things in our room which was tiny. The kitchenette was the size of a shoe box. TV and furnishings were out of date, but the mini bar was stocked up!!

I immediately took my daughter to 'see the dolphins' and when we returned, I noticed the mini bar was empty. I had bought my own refreshments and snacks which was okay. But I found myself feeling even more offended.

Although we enjoyed our time at the park and our dinner at the buffet restaurant, these actions made me feel like I had done something wrong and as though I didn't 'deserve' to stay there. On our way out, I met eyes with the not so Gentleman who served me at the reception and he gave me yet another disapproving look which just topped it for me.

Therefore our mini holiday was extremely disappointing.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Charni2014
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This is "Sea World Resort" I was shocked very old place needs a refurbish, old steel stairways up to rooms if the lift is not your thing. The slick glossy ads and promo....so not true.
Concierge Shannon professional best suited "6" star establishment.
Very young staff @ reception not very informative long way to go to meet international standards. Room average " floor waste" bathroom putrid the ghastly smell permeated the room. Someone ring the Plummer!
There for a ladies conference the venue seemed adequate the buffets both breakfast & dinner lots to choose from.
Had drinks in lounge bought potato chips from the resort souvenir shop, was promptly told by a very rude & abrasive waitress " Donnie" we could not eat them there and if they were not removed they would be taken away. Lacking tact and subtlety zero customer focus.
However excellent conference room able to have a memorable and very informative stay.
Notable staff Shannon, Micaela, Lisa.....watch and learn Donnie!
Seaworld Resort Management read your feedback.....too many detractors.
Queensland beautiful one day...disappointing the next!

Room Tip: Get rooms close to reception Get to buffets early avoid the long queues The gym is all yours earl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at Sea World Nara Resort as part of for our family holiday and to celebrate our daughters birthday. We had a 2 bedroom interconnecting room right at the end of the wing over looking the water park. The rooms are very small with a kitchenette the size of a cupboard. The kitchenette was in a horrible condition with knife marks carved into the bench tops. The staff at the tour desk seemed uninterested.
The most amazing thing about our stay was the Teppenyaki restaurant where we celebrated our daughters birthday dinner. The food service and staff were absolutely amazing. It was a fair price but well worth the experience. They fnb manager had organised a birthday cake for us which was perfect.
Sea world park itself was okay, I think mostly suited to younger children though. Definitely needs a few more rides for the bigger kids.
The resort needs a major overhaul in the accommodation part as the accommodation block is reminiscent of a jail cell block. Needs major refurb before I would stay again, good value though as it includes the park passes. I believe this is why they include the passes as the accommodation is a little outdated.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank CuteTurtle78
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Excellent choice for families with young kids. Plenty of pools and unlimited entry to the park, including early morning exclusive dolphin show. Only draw back is expensive dinning in house. Plenty of dinning options short walk and drive away. Main surfers paradise strip only $15 cab fare away. Rooms very clean and kept in tip top condition. Would stay again.

Room Tip: rooms closer to the pools are further from reception
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
#7 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Sea World Resort? Share your experiences!