My wife and I stayed at the resort as part of a wedding party overnight on the 14th June. We were surprised when attempting to obtain money from the one ATM provided to find it out of order and no other way of getting money without leaving the resort and going to the Marina down the road. Another surprise came at breakfast time when dying to have a morning cup of coffee only to find that again there was only the one coffee machine and it was placed in such a way as to make it almost impossible to read the working instructions due to the way the sun reflected off the windows obliterating the instruction panel.
Sea World Resort has been in operation for at least 20-30 years or more and should have it's act together by now. ATM's are a must and more than one should be on offer to your guests in case of breakdown as well as alternate methods of obtaining money rather than be told to go down the road. Simple things such as coffee machines should be placed throughout the eating areas and placed in a way that the guest does not have to rely on a guide dog because they cannot read the instruction panel, coffee is cheap and should be on supply.
This is the 21st century and your establishment is supposed to showcase Australian hospitality and quite frankly fails to do so. For the level of star rating it has it fails in the simple things and there appears to be no thought given to things at that level.
Your staff were great, the room where we stayed (Park 3031) was good, the toilet a little to close to the wall and the toilet roll holders were placed in a way that to wipe one's behind required some small degree of gymnastics. Overall we had a good time only to let down by those small things and we wonder that if we natives can find these faults then just what do your international guests see? Food for thought as we for one will explore other options next we visit the coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Australia/Gold Coast