“Great Deal May 2014”
Review of Sea World Resort

Sea World Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was our second visit to the resort and both trips have been superb. We came here for our Granddaughters birthday this visit and it was a fabulous deal. We visited both Sea World and Movie World and they were fabulous. We also dined in the Japanese restaurant and had a wonderful meal. All the staff were great, they were friendly and extremely helpful.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Write a ReviewReviews (4,704)

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Were so just so excited about coming to this resort, got a good deal through a promo and told everyone about staying here, showed the photos etc, just thought it would be a once in a lifetime place.

Arrived, pulled up and went to ask for a trolley for our bags, the young female concierge bought one out, we chatted away to her but she was a cold old fish and never changed the whole time.

Young girl at reception was just lovely! Did forget our complimentary kids goody bags and bottle of wine which I went back for later. The arrival, lounge, eating areas were great! No complaints there.

Walk to our room was just depressing, it was so dark along the corridors, the carpet was old and dirty and the lift so old and dingy. Just long, dark corridors with lots and lots of doors along it.

OMG when we got to our room I could have cried!! Had to leave after a while to stop myself from doing so. The room for five of us was just sooooooo small! Two double beds and a fold away squashed into a very small space. Looking back yes I guess it was like the photo but very cleverly taken photo which made it seem so much bigger and brighter. I had the phone in my hand to ring reception to inform them we must have the wrong room as we had paid for an upgrade. Makes me wonder what the other rooms are like!! We could see the ocean from our room and were beside the presidential suite so omg other people's rooms must have been so much worse!

Ants in bathroom were fun to try and flush down plug hole and a challenge to reach around to toilet paper whilst on toilet. The spa was seriously FILTHY, omg yuck!! The pool was damn cold (I am tough in water too, I go swimming about 6am in outdoor pools). The water park beside it closed a day early for the season which was so fustrating as had timed our holiday to be there for the day before it closed!!

Very very hard to get parks in their big car park if you go out at night! Always ended up getting one though. Meal at restaurants were great. Bar service was ridiculously slow! Would have spent way more if it wasn't! Asked them to clean out mini bar on first day, never did so just stacked it up out of the way.

Great having the resort next door and the monorail. The dolphin training show was pretty cool. Nice gift shop. Got pottle noodles from dairy for kids to have in rooms to save some money, no cooking facilities or toaster, just an electric jug. The kids light show at night was a dag, fun to watch.

Ok place overall, guess we just expected a lot more from the photos!

Room Tip: Go up as high as you can and try your best to get a view. Some rooms looked into a car park or were...
Reviewed 25 June 2014

How awesome our stay was at the Resort! The Cudo voucher enabled us to stay at the Resort where normally, due to cost, we would have had to stay elsewhere. The staff were all friendly, professional and supportive. It was a fantastic environment for our children and the facilities were awesome. We were disappointed though that the water park had closed only a few days before we arrived but this did not put too much of a dampener on our holiday. Restaurant is great, food was good, great variety. Overall a really great stay.

Room Tip: We were a family of 5 (2 adults and 3 children) - the room included in the voucher was not big enoug...
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We had a brothers 40th birthday party & had to travel from just past toowoomba.
Also we are a young family on a budget havn't taking a family holiday in years I called a few places and was stressed at how to afford holiday accommodation for 2 adults 3 kids (13,16 &19 years) and 1 grandbaby with our budget.
So I thought of sea world looked on the Internet at what kind of rooms and called got an amazing guy on the phone he was helpful and exceptional at his job (wished I could remember his name), he gave the rooms at a price we could pay & to top it off we got the 3 pass park we have had absolutely amazing, fun loving & just perfect time from the minute we walk in the doors to the time of walking out the staff we fantastic, friendly and welcoming.
We are going to do this again as much as we can & cannot thank you enough
kind regards the Cattermoles

2  Thank Vanessa H
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed here after purchasing a great value Cudo voucher which included entry into Sea World, Movie World and Wet ‘n’ Wild. As two families, we had adjoining rooms, one of which had a small kitchenette which was perfect for storing and preparing our own breakfast, lunch and snack foods. We also ate our dinners outside of the resort, so cannot comment on any of the dining facilities. The Resort was fairly quiet during our visit so there was always plenty of parking for us and minimal noise from other guests. Our rooms were large enough, nicely decorated, clean and comfortably appointed. Staff were pleasant and helpful and the access to Sea World and being able to come and go during the day was very handy with the kids.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

For our overnight stay a Friday, we decided to dine at the restaurant. We found a table in the lobby lounge & waited for approx 15minutes as there seemed to be table service but no-one came near us. On watching, my husband noticed that other customers were being served directly at the bar, so he went up too. After waiting for 10minutes at the bar, he was then told that it was table service only! by the barman, even though he had served several others who were not waiters. My husband returned to the table frustrated of course, only for us to wait another 20 minutes & still no table service. We decided to leave & head down to the Marina but before we left I went up to the bar & asked the why ?? I was then told my husband should not have been sent away & that I should see the Manager who was around the corner behind the bar on a break with another staff member. When I explained they said they would immediately attend to the situation & to please go back to our table, I did explain that we had already left our table & were going to the Marina. The Manger & the female staff member approached my husband & said they would like us to stay & offer us a free drink. As we were with our 10yr old daughter who had now been waiting for 45minutes for a pink lemonade, we stayed for her sake. My husband did complain to the Manager that it was very poor what had happened, we never saw him again after that as it was obvious he didn't handle conflict well. We were shown to a table & I was given a free drink & my husband's beer & my daughter's pink lemonade were charged to our room. We ordered our meals entrée, mains & dessert for our daughter, we also ordered a bottle of wine, which when bought to the table was not shown to us & just poured & popped into the ice bucket. We got part way through the bottle to discover it was the wrong one. We mentioned it to a passing waitress who then forgot to let our waitress know :( so again we were waiting. We then flagged down another waiter & told him (finally someone helpful) he said that this bottle was not even on the wine list & we should have never been served this one & went to get us a replacement. In the meantime the older blonde waitress who had forgotten us, walked by & I asked her had she forgotten & she said "no" but I was told to go on my break so I did. My husband & I just looked at one another in disbelief & could not be bothered to reply to such a poor customer service experience. This was supposed to be a special getaway for the three of us to celebrate Mother's Day & finally time to break away from our busy lives but left us deflated :(

Room Tip: We were on the top level which meant we had no noise above.
6  Thank Annemaree R
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I couldn't have asked for a better family getaway with my family. We had so much fun. The staff were fantastic and very accommodating. There was always something to do. The Red Hot holiday deal made this getaway affordable for our family (2A3C). Thank you to everyone who made this a very special birthday for me.

• Stayed: May 2014
Mantra on View Hotel
Mantra on View Hotel
#10 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast

Been to Sea World Resort? Share your experiences!