We stayed for three nights in a refurbished room on the second floor with two double beds and a roll away. Not spacious but beautifully appointed and overlooking the pool. The beds were new and very comfortable, big flat screen TV with too few Austar channels available. Small kitchenette with microwave and bar fridge, some crockery and cutlery. Shower over the bath but the water pressure was reasonable. Plenty of towels and a nice range of toiletries.
Even though our room faced the pool it was very quiet with the door shut and air con on. Very relaxing. Sometimes you would hear children outside the room in the evenings but it's a family resort and you expect that : ) Later in the evenings when the pool was closed it was delightful to sit outside with a drink and relax some more.
The concierge and front reception staff were friendly and helpful, as were the housekeeping staff and the staff in the cafe in the main entrance foyer area and pool side cafe and the shop. The snack/light meals were not cheap but were good. We ate hamburgers, pizza and nachos and they were all very good! (It was school holidays and it was wet. The nearest food area down the road was very busy with long queues. Several times we ended up back at the resort and could relax and enjoy the family friendly ambiance of the place, despite the rain!)
The pool looked beautiful but was a little too cold for enjoyable swimming. (the weather was a comfortable 24 degrees and mostly cloudy or wet) The big water park was excellent and there was a smaller one for the younger children. We were told there is a great beach over the road from the resort but it was too wet for us to walk over there.
Entry into Sea World Theme Park was an easy walk or monorail ride and we had Fun Passes for unlimited entry which were great value and valid for six months. Sea World was very busy but there was plenty to see and experience and lots of food outlets to choose from. We queued for the sea lion show and the dolphin show so get there early if it's holiday time. Excellent shows!
The resort is big and it can be confusing to find your way around but staff and other guests were friendly and eager to help. The parking is outside but there is a covered drop off area at the front door if it is really wet.
We had a great time and would go back in an instant. Well done Sea World Resort, you delivered more than we expected and we love you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take your family on a journey of discovery and adventure at the award-winning Sea World Resort. There's so much to explore including an aquatic adventure playground, cuddles with your favourite Nickelodeon characters including the awesome new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and a fun filled Kid's Club. Go on a behind the scenes sneak peek of a dolphin training session with Sea World Resort's exclusive Dolphin Discovery Presentation, free when you stay two nights or more. It's a wonderful experience the kids will never forget. Then join everyone's favourite sponge and his nautical friends in your own underwater adventure at the amazing 'SpongeBob SplashBash' aquatic adventure zone. Your kids will adore the bright and colourful water-play areas themed around SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick, and Squidward, plus a few jellyfish of course. And just try and keep the kids away from the spectacular nightly light show at the musical water fountain. Home to four restaurants and two bar areas, you'll never have to leave the comfort of the Resort. Dine on at the Shoreline Restaurant and experience an amazing new menu that features live interactive cooking, and enjoy delicious Japanese cuisine at Hatsuhana, all family friendly of course. Plus, spoil the kids with an evening in the Resort's newly upgraded Kids' Club with specially designed Nickelodeon activities and programs that they'll love. Sea World Resort is perfect for your family with direct monorail access to Sea World and family friendly service all with Gold Coast beaches and famous theme parks on your doorstep, not to mention free WIFI around the entire hotel and free in-room broadband. The Resort also offers a host of seasonal water sports, plus massage, beauty and a gym. What will you discover today at Sea World Resort, the heart of fun and adventure? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sea World Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea World Hotel Main Beach
- Nara Resort Sea World
- Sea World Main Beach
- Sea World Resort Australia/Gold Coast