“Lovely Place”
Review of Maldives Resort

Maldives Resort
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Main Beach
Reviewed 25 October 2012

My freind & I stayed on the 10th floor (I think) ahnf it was such a lovely view to the sea ect. It is such a lovely complex and they had twin beds which a lot of places dont have. We didnt pick it as we were over booked else where BUT we are not dissappointed at all.
A bit of walking to the bus and shops we found being over 60"s and NOT fit.
Staff were just so nice and nothing was a bother. Would recommend to all.

Room Tip: If you have a car even better but still pleasent walking to shops park ect. Never made it to the bea...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank NickieF331b
There are newer reviews for Maldives Resort

Reviewed 24 October 2012

A great place to stay. It's near the beach and just a few steps from Tedder Avenue. The Manager David is helpful and friendly and runs the place like clockwork. It's clean, comfortable and the ocean view from upper level rooms is fantastic. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alnmoens
Reviewed 12 October 2012

What an excellent place to stay, wonder views of the ocean and very clean. Nice clean sheets, great shower, excellent kitchen and safe parking. Very friendly staff, great location to night life and dining out. I would certainly stay at the Maldives again.

Room Tip: All rooms are great.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Carolynne N
Reviewed 10 October 2012

The Maldives Resort is an ideal place in which to stay. The location is perfect. From Main Beach you can walk to Marina Mirage (about 20 minutes) or 30 minutes in the other direction and you are at Surfers. The theme parks are not far away (SeaWorld is actually within walking distance or a short bus ride away) The beach is amazing and everything you need is right on your doorstep.
The apartment itself was superb. The kitchen is well equipped and the beds comfy. Everything is very clean and like new. The pool area is just a joy.
David the manager was on hand to help with any queries and was delightful.
I would highly recommend to anyone visiting the Gold Coast. It will certainly remain my first choice.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 310Mitchellfamily
Reviewed 30 September 2012

I stayed at Maldives for the first time last year and it suited me perfectly. New management this year was excellent. Car park spacious and entry to lift very clean and inviting.Unit facillities exceedingly good with ample shower space and comfortable bed.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank IVI126
Reviewed 25 September 2012

If I had to sum up my experience at the Maldives Resort in just one word it would have to be -AWESOME!!! I have just returned from 3 nights (not long enough!!!) to celebrate my 50th birthday and my stay at the resort was nothing short of fantastic. From my initial telephone enquiry to David the manager, through to our warm welcome on arrival, I knew I had chosen the right place.
Having stayed at countless faceless 5 star hotels it was a welcome change to stay somewhere more intimate and David was on hand to answer our many questions about the area. Centrally located in Main Beach and equidistant from both the beach and myriad of restaurants in Tedder Avenue, the Maldives Resort is an ideal place in which to stay.
The apartment itself was amazing. We opted to stay on the top floor and the views stretched for miles. The pristine beach is a stone’s throw away and, being an early riser I managed to watch probably the most magical sunrise out over the ocean. (See photo). The kitchen is well equipped and I managed to rustle up a very tasty meal of organic lamb chops purchased from the local store. The beach café offers a special breakfast of bacon and egg rolls with coffee for $10 but I was content with the freshly baked sourdough from the local bakery and sipping coffee from our balcony.
You are spoilt for choice when it comes to dining options; Indian, Italian, Japanese etc. – but we couldn’t go past the Spanish Tapas Bar/Restaurant which soon became our favourite. From 5.30 to 6.30 each night they offer complimentary tapas when you have a drink at the bar. Some of the other restaurants also offered half price deals if meals are ordered before 6pm.
From Main Beach you can walk to Marina Mirage (about 20 minutes) or 30 minutes in the other direction and you are at Surfers. The theme parks are not far away (SeaWorld is actually within walking distance or a short bus ride away). David will happily organise transfers for the other parks for you. My daughter won tickets to Dream world and the Maldives Resort provided a nice retreat to come back to after a jam packed fun filled albeit noisy day out. There is also a lovely pool and spa area where you can relax. I can honestly say the Maldives Resort certainly exceeded all of my expectations and I would highly recommend to anyone visiting the Gold Coast.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jacstar351
MaldivesResort, Manager at Maldives Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

What can I say? Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. We really enjoy our work here at Maldives but a review like this certainly makes all our efforts seem worth while. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back at Maldives Resort

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We had a lovely stay and every thing was in easy distance for our needs. The managers went out of their way to ensure we had a very confortable stay, and by just asking we found out the information we required. Thank you very much and we will return again.

Room Tip: Just ask David and he will help.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sunrays911
MaldivesResort, Manager at Maldives Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2012

Thankyou for taking the time to write a review and thankyou for your kind words. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at Maldives Resort and we look forward to welcoming you back again one day.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
#7 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise
#14 of 31 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Maldives Resort? Share your experiences!