“Introductory Dive”

and up
Wave Break Island Scuba Diving on the Gold Coast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Queensland Scuba Diving Company - scuba dive the Gold Coast waterways. NO experience necessary. Hand feed the fish today!
Wollongong, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Introductory Dive”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I did a scuba course a long time ago and suggested to my son that he may also like this so we decided to both do an introductory dive. I booked the dive over the phone. When we arrived that had all our information and after the initial paperwork we were quickly fitted out with fins and wet suits.

Once everyone arrived (there was only a small group on this trip) we quickly departed and on the 20 minute boat trip to the dive site our instructor went over some of the basics of scuba diving and explained the skills that we would go through which included how to equalize the pressure in your ears, clearing your mask, clearing your mouth and getting your regulator if it comes out of your mouth.

Both my son and I did this fine and we were off for a 40 minute dive down to about 6m that included fish feeding.

My son enjoyed this so much we will both do an open water dive course.

Would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to experience the trill of diving.

Visited January 2014

Brisbane, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Fantastic 3 Days of Diving!”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I've just completed the PADI Open Water Diver with QLD Scuba Diving & although for me it was a means to an end so I could go diving with friends/family it was the best 3 days which should be credited to the staff, especially our instructor AJ. Although some of the skills sounded daunting, AJ was very calming & explained the logistics in a manner anyone could understand. The weather was great & at the dive site itself we spotted wobbegong sharks, nurse sharks, octopus, stone fish & main other aquatic critters. All in all I am so glad I decided to do the certification with QLD Scuba Diving & the experience has prompted me to organise a lot more dive experiences but the main reason I would recommend the dive company is due to it's staff especially AJ!

Visited January 2014
2 Thank RHI_STU
Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A bad day out with the Queensland Scuba Diving and Snorkelling Company”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

In our opinion, this really was a waste of time. We went out with a group of snorkelers and divers approximately 12 altogether. We accept that the company can't be responsible for the weather conditions but in view of the increasing wind and its direction, then snorkelling was made extremely difficult and unlike another company with whom we dealt, they should have cancelled the snorkelling at least. The site was man made, no vegetation, a littered beach of dead trees, minimal species of fish and all in all a totally misrepresented experience by their brochure. Very difficult from a snorkelling point of view to say anything positive about this trip. We are experienced snorkelers and know what to expect and whilst the Gold Coast can't be considered a snorkelling mecca we had hoped for the benefit of our grandchildren who were with us, that there would at least be items of interest as represented by the company's advertising. Unfortunately, not so!

Visited November 2013
3 Thank David B
Surfers Paradise, Australia
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Great adventure”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Great way to spend haft a day, the Staff are great and what the company offers is a great deal. look forward to the next day out.

Visited April 2013