“A M A Z I N G!”

Gold Coast Whale Watching Experience
Ranked #6 of 34 Tours in Main Beach
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: This is your opportunity to marvel at the majestic Humpback Whales in their natural environment with the stunning Gold Coast skyline glistening in the background. Take home unique memories that only Mother Nature can provide. You’ll have a whale of a time as the crew demystifies mating and migration, baleen and blowholes, flukes and fins. Oh my, what mighty pectorals they have!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Brisbane, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A M A Z I N G!”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The weather was great for an amazing whale watching experience. We were witness to a rarely seen event: two males were harassing a mother whale with a very young calf and we were told by the staff on the boat that the males were trying to drown the calf to bring the mum back into season again. The boat, on numerous occasions, tried to block the males coming near the mum and calf and managed to at least scare off one of the males, who gave up the chase and swam out to sea, leaving the mum to fend off the remaining male, giving her a better chance to protect her baby. The mother seemed to seek out our boat on various occasions, as if she felt by staying close to the boat, she and her young would be protected. It was an emotional experience seeing this drama being played out right before our eyes, but in the end we had to leave nature takes its course. I would highly recommend this trip to anyone visiting the Gold Coast. The trip was very well organised and the staff were friendly, thoughtful and truly engaged in what was happening on the water. What a brilliant experience, I would do it again!!

3 Thank Gypsymalu

Tasmania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This was one of the most best and amazing experience to do. Great and very informative crew who educated us about whales during the whole trip. Was a very calm sunny day when we went out, plenty of room on boat either inside or out. Had contact with several whales with one pod of 3 engaging with us for about 20 minutes, amazing!! a must do experience

1 Thank szoka
Ironbridge Gorge, United Kingdom
69 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

A brilliant day out. The boat was clean and the crew not only friendly but very informative. You learn quite a lot about whales during the trip.
We saw loads of whales. These guys know what they are doing. They are in contact with other boats to ensure you are on track to sopt the whales.
Great photo's and unique trip.

1 Thank charlietroy
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Must do experience in the Gold Coast”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

This was one of the best experiences of my life. Saw heaps of whales, which took my breath away. The crew were fantastic, plenty of room on the boat, and overall a great way to spend the morning.

Melbourne, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Special encounter with the whale”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Being travelling with family for few years, and found myself again like a child waiting and waiting for the whale to come, and that was such an experience for me...again play like a child.
The trip with spirit of gold coast was great, the staff were very helpful, and honest and friendly.

I accidentally bought an extra voucher for whale watching, but they let me know they didn't claim the voucher and ask me to speak to group on group; If you book directly through the spirit of gold coast, you might get the return customers' price at $45, which will save you a lot, give them a call to request the special deals for the tickets.

I highly recommend to tour with them, they are professional, and they explain and tell us about the whale, it makes it very educational---I learn about "whale print" as it is human-foot print.

Visited July 2013