“Great Aussie Experience !”
Review of Mirage Boat Hire

Mirage Boat Hire
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After reading comments from previous visitors, we were hesitant to book with Mirage boat hire, however I thought it would be fun, customer service is my passion, but our experience was totally different from what had been described before and this is why I really want to share It whith my group.
We went to the marina and query the terms and conditions, were told that a license was not required but water experience was a must and that a bond was required...nothing special , basically If we bring the boat back in the same condition , we get the refund which we did, no question asked !
Mark gave us all the tips and the do and don't on water , we couldn't stop laughing when we heard about visitors asking about brake pedal on the boat !
This was really fun. We took the boat to come up he river and discover all the great mansion and lifestyle of Gold Coast rich and famous. we had a wonderful day on the water.
At all time everyone was very professional with a wicked sense of humour but certainly no swearing.
As a tourist I will have no problem to send my friend to this company and will join in again.
As the chairman of the customer service committee for a large retail group I will share my experience with my team.
Thank you Mark and team !
And thank you to the previous review writer for giving me the curiosity of investigating bad customer service and finding genuine Fair Dinkum Aussie service !

2  Thank voyagevoyage40
in 3 reviews
"passengers"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My wife and I had booked to hire a small boat for the day. My wife was inside while i waited outside with our friends and small children. My wife asked for further clarification of the 500 deposit when the lady said the propeller had to come back with out any scratches and showed her a recently damaged prop that had come back. my wife then proceeded to ask about any dangerous spots in the broadwater. Then the male owner came and just stated abusing my wife saying the booking is cancelled and they don't hire to anyone without boating experience or knowledge of the broadwater (as a tourist business id imagine this would be 90% of clientele) . My wife asked him to calm down and tried to reason with him. To this he just became more abusive. At this point i stepped into the office and lost it myself. The owner was just like any bully , a true coward when confronted by myself and not my wife. An absolute disgrace. has zero people skills and a bad reflection of the Coasts tourist operators on a whole. And all this in front of two small children.

19  Thank bob d
Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

This owner got very abusive when i asked him to clarify what the $500 deposit entailed! I did not feel that they were clear about bringing the boat and propeller back with basically no scratches on it so i suggested we take photos before we left to show the condition that the boat and propeller were in before the hire! ( it was an old, wore boat!) He swore at me, a women, in front of my husband, and two 3 year old children that were in our party. He then cancelled the hire and told us to get out! We ended up using Duffy boat hire which is just a 2 min walk from Mirage boat hire and the owner was lovely, the boat was much nicer and we had a great day despite our horrible experience with this company! I would tell anyone to rethink using this mirage boat hire ever! The continual negative feedback on trip advisor should be enough to have the owner take a good look in the mirror and make changes from his end on how he chooses to treat paying customers or he will have none!

20  Thank Misssunny
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I would like to thank Mark and our skipper Richard for a great day out on the water. With two small children with us we felt safe on our little adventure and all requests were met with positive responses. Highly recommended, we will be coming back again.
Tonya