“Lovely day”
Review of Mirage Boat Hire

Mirage Boat Hire
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed our day out and the staff seemed really nice the owner did seem a bit arigant and when he was explaining everything however he probably has been in the industry for awhile and have had lots of people probably not listen and ruin the boats, he even let's you take a picture of the papilla for any argument sake. The boats do seem old but considering that they are hiring these boats out to people who don't have a boat license I don't blame them. Overall i had a enjoyable time and had no problems like i said all the stuff we're lovely and the owner is very down to earth only thing that sucked was the weather it was a bit too windy.

2  Thank Stephanie H
in 3 reviews
"passengers"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

I bought a voucher a couple of days out from the weekend and was happy there were enough boats to cater for us. We had a beautiful day out on the water, dropped in a line and ate our byo lunch. They supplied everything we needed and Mark & his team were helpful and friendly. We had an issue with the boat (which was our fault) and Mark was so understanding about it all. We were so relieved and would definitely recommend this company to anyone who wants to explore the canals & the riverfront mansions at an incredibly reasonable price!

3  Thank Kate L
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Just had an awesome day on the water! Mark and his team are friendly, professional and organized. The voucher deal was fantastic and would highly recommend this to anyone! The kids loved it and so did the in laws! We will be back to do this again!

3  Thank Joel B
Reviewed 26 June 2014

On our recent trip to the Gold Coast we hired a boat from Mirage Boat Hire. Mark was fantastic!! He runs a very professional business, with more than enough information (and a few laughs) for any one to confidently take one of his boats out to view "How the other half live Lol" and the beautiful waterways. We also were able to hire some fishing rods, although we didn't have any luck with the fishing we still had a great time!! I would not hesitate to recommend Mirage Boat hire and will certainly be using them when we return. We had no issues with receiving our bond back as we returned the boat back in the same condition as it was when we received it!!! Thanks Mark for a wonderful experience!!! The Tassie Crew.

3  Thank Toni M
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After reading comments from previous visitors, we were hesitant to book with Mirage boat hire, however I thought it would be fun, customer service is my passion, but our experience was totally different from what had been described before and this is why I really want to share It whith my group.
We went to the marina and query the terms and conditions, were told that a license was not required but water experience was a must and that a bond was required...nothing special , basically If we bring the boat back in the same condition , we get the refund which we did, no question asked !
Mark gave us all the tips and the do and don't on water , we couldn't stop laughing when we heard about visitors asking about brake pedal on the boat !
This was really fun. We took the boat to come up he river and discover all the great mansion and lifestyle of Gold Coast rich and famous. we had a wonderful day on the water.
At all time everyone was very professional with a wicked sense of humour but certainly no swearing.
As a tourist I will have no problem to send my friend to this company and will join in again.
As the chairman of the customer service committee for a large retail group I will share my experience with my team.
Thank you Mark and team !
And thank you to the previous review writer for giving me the curiosity of investigating bad customer service and finding genuine Fair Dinkum Aussie service !

2  Thank voyagevoyage40