“Perfect family holiday”

Xanadu Holiday Resort
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our family of 6 has just returned from a 6 day stay. We stayed in the North Tower on the fifth floor which was called the Garden View room. We had a view of the pool/gardens and a lovely view of the sea and so were very happy with the vista. The apartment was very clean and modern and we were provided with a roll away bed and fold out settee, along with the 2 singles and king bed- we were accommodated very well. Staff friendly and helpful and a small mishap in our room was handled very quickly and efficiently with compensation for our inconvenience. Pools lovely and clean, car park very accessible. We walked to the surf lifesaving for tea one evening which we could not fault, it is quite busy and so book. We walked to the yacht club another evening which is a bit more up market but lovely as well. Both well priced for families. We hired a car which I would recommend...no waiting in the heat. Shops around the corner to get essentials but not good for a big shop. Eating places seemed a bit expensive for large families. The area is busy but no where as busy as up the other end of the Esplanade and so were very happy with the location. Bit light on the toilet rolls and a fair bit of road noise-my only complaints! I don't think I would stay anywhere else , it seemed to tick all boxes...thanks Xanadu!

Room Tip: Garden view allows enough sea views to keep one happy
2  Thank jan g
XanaduManager, Owner at Xanadu Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Hi Jan g, thanks for the outstanding review of your stay with us! You booked early enough to get the only unit with a sofa bed that can easily accommodate a larger family. Although there is plenty of room, we can technically only sleep 5 people in one unit.

You have a very talented six year daughter and she did very well under the circumstances - she will remember that experience for a long time! Not many six-year-olds could do what you did, well done Abby! I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.

Thanks again for the great review and I hope to see you at Xanadu again one day.

There are newer reviews for Xanadu Holiday Resort

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I've stayed at a few places on the Gold Coast over the years and have thought they were quite nice. I'd have to say hands down Xanadu out does them all! It did cost a little bit more than I had hoped to pay but we had left it late to look for accommodation for our holiday and many cheaper places were booked. I am glad we missed out on cheaper options as Xanadu was well worth the little bit extra (and it wasn't that much more at the end of the day). The apartments were beautiful and the amenities first class. We booked a total of three apartments between our family group and were all really happy with the quality of the apartments. We did have an instance where one of the washing machines in one of the apartments stopped working we rang to the after hours reception that evening and a guy was there to fix it first thing the next morning. We had a family group that consisted of 6 children under 10, 3 teenagers and 7 adults. Two of the adults were last minute bookings and the people at Xanadu were really great in allowing us to shuffle our sleeping arrangements around to accommodate the extra two and provide an extra roll out cot. All the age groups in our family were really happy with the place and no one had a chance to get bored at all. I'm having trouble uploading photos from my computer but trust me the apartments and grounds were immaculate. We are very happy with our stay and will definitely be looking to stay here on all our future visits.

Room Tip: Middle apartments have one single balcony running the length of the apartment, side apartments have...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
XanaduManager, Owner at Xanadu Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Hi Riaana A thanks for the great review! Your family certainly seemed very happy with their holiday which was a pleasure to see. It's always great to see people having fun on holiday and making the most of what we have.
We are lucky to have such big grounds (very rare these days) and keeping them looking good is a big and rewarding job - thanks for the compliment.
Washing machines are a high priority with large families and we knew it had to be fixed!

Hope to see you again next time and remember to book early for the best rates and rooms!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Hi My name is Stacey and im 29 years old. Generally when looking for accommodation i look for the "Total Package" This includes,
*How far away things are - Restaurants, shops, activities, beach ect
*The room itself - Im always looking for something a bit different to your "standard room"
*Views
*Hotel inclusions - Pools, activities, spas, tennis court, games room, gym ect
Xanadu Resort had all of this :) I made the booking for myself and my partner as well as my sister and her partner and everyone was more than impressed with our accommodation.
The staff was extremely helpful to us, usually when staff see younger people come in they are a bit hesitant thinking they are in for trouble but the staff here were very accommodating to us.
Our room (on the 13th floor) was very clean and modern. The rooms were so spacious and right on the beach front :) Oh and the King size bed was AMAZING!
This resort is now officially one of my favorites and i would absolutely stay again as well as recommending it to anyone.
Thank you to the staff at Xanadu for making our stay so easy :)

Room Tip: Our two bedroom unit was very spacious and accommodated 4 adults perfectly
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Hi Stacey H, thanks for reviewing your stay with us and the excellent rating! Its always very rewarding to see reviews like yours and we hope you come back again and again. We are only part way through our upgrade program (glad you enjoyed the new bed) and the final transformation will be complete later this year.

Thanks again and its great to see you have found your favourite resort. Please contact us directly for the best possible rate and room options.

Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

My family of 5 just completed a stay at Xanadu and had a great time. The staff are wonderful and accommodating, and the facilities are always clean and enjoyable. We stayed in an 2 bedroom superior apartment on the 7th floor, myself, my wife, a 6yr old, a 4yr old and a baby. The place was spotless when we arrived and had a beautiful view of the beach and ocean from all rooms and balconies. Shops are a 5 minute walk, Seaworld a 5 minute bus ride, Surfers Paradise a 10 minute bus trip, beach 2 minute walk and the bus stops right out the front. We stayed for 7 nights and were all sad to leave. We were lucky with the weather being 30 degrees or less and sunny everyday. Why travel overseas when paradise is on our doorstep. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2014
XanaduManager, Owner at Xanadu Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Hi rtoale, thank you for the fantastic review and I'm pleased we exceeded your expectations. Our renovated Superior apartments are definitely very popular and normally are booked first. We had a trip overseas to Asia recently and although the culture was exciting and different, the beaches, cleanliness and quality of Main Beach is hard to beat. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope we can welcome you back to Xanadu again soon.

Please contact me directly the next time you plan to visit the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Second stay at Xanadu (24th floor) and once again a great apartment with a fabulous view. We paid extra for a superior room and while it was reasonably modern not all aspects were new/upgraded in my opinion, but I was happy enough. I did ask for a room in the South tower and got North but decided to look first and was content with what we were offered so chose not to raise it as a concern. The supplies were minimal - 1 toilet roll per person for a week, 2 sachets of powder for laundry and dishwasher and 2 small cakes of soap were simply not enough. I did however request more and was given more, but I got the impression this wasn't usual. Also with four adults, 2 x 2 seater couches didn't allow for any lounging around which on holiday, you want to do! A few ottomans and maybe an extra lounge chair would have made it much more comfortable. Also the crockery and glasses etc were few in number - one set, glass, mug per person, resulting in the need to handwash after every meal/snack so you had them for the next meal. For people like us who wanted to have meals in and not eat out all the time, this was insufficient. Also I think the need to pay for wifi and to use the tennis facilities on top of the room fee (which is greater than most other places in main beach) is a bit rich. But the beds were comfy, the view superb, the early light didn't affect us as the block out curtains were very effective and though I have mentioned some things for improvement, I would definitely stay again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: If you want a varied view - across marina and ocean - choose the north tower. If you want mainly oce...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Hi SEW63, thank you for your Tripadvisor review. Xanadu offers a wide range of apartments across two 25 floor towers to suit the most discerning guest. As the units are all individually owned, they are all uniquely furnished and decorated with variable heights and views.

We currently offer a starter kit of amenities and will continue to improve the quality and quantity to meet the market demand. Thank you for your feedback in this regard and we will take it into consideration with our next round of upgrades.

Every unit has free low speed or paid high speed WiFi which has been popular with our guests. We are always happy to help with guest queries.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and we will be looking to make more improvements.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Xanadu was amazing!. The apartment was fantastic and exceeded our expectations. The view and location was 10 out of 10. The staff were friendly and very helpful. The facilities were fantastic. There were no negatives at all
We would recommend !

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
XanaduManager, Owner at Xanadu Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Hi Nordic2008, love the review thanks! We had your unit partly refurbished before you arrived and it obviously helped with your enjoyment. You timed your visit well for great weather and I'm pleased we could provide a home base f por your Australian holiday. You were a pleasure to have around and the team were sad to see you leave.

Thanks again and we all hope you will return one day.

Duncan Manderson & team Xanadu

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed at Xanadu Holiday Resort for 6 nights in a two bedroom apartment. The apartment was very spacious and perfect for our stay. The location was great too, being a mum, it was a nice distance away from the party hub of surfers paradise, but close enough to visit the night markets and great family fun activities during the day.
Xanadu is close to SeaWorld, but the other worlds are not that far away either.
Its perfect for families, a stroll to the beach and great facilities.
We will stay there again, it was brilliant.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
XanaduManager, Owner at Xanadu Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2014

Hi Rachel B thank you for the great review. You obviously enjoyed yourselves at Xanadu and made the most of our large rooms and location proximity to the Coast tourist attractions. The Surfers Paradise night markets are very popular during summer. I hope we see you again soon and please contact us directly for your next stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Main Beach
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast
Sea World Resort
Sea World Resort
#2 of 5 in Main Beach

Been to Xanadu Holiday Resort? Share your experiences!