Xanadu Holiday Resort
Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$546
US$172
Palazzo Versace(Main Beach)
US$300
  • Pool
Sea World Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$132
Maldives Resort(Main Beach)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$154
Priceline
  • Pool
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$159
Marriott Hotels
US$246
  • Restaurant
Rhapsody Resort(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$120
Agoda.com
Alpha Sovereign Hotel(Surfers Paradise)
US$138
US$72
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$132
Agoda.com
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewstedder avenuenorth towertennis courtsacross the roadthe gold coastsurfers paradisemarina mirageindoor poolsouthport surf clubgames roomtwo bedroom apartmentfantastic viewsshort walkperfect locationwell equipped kitchenover christmasreception staff
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We have stayed at Xanadu for a number of years, north tower. Main beach is an excellent, friendly location. Our apartment this time had just been renovated and was excellent. The apartments are always clean and never noisy. I liked the text to let us know when our room was ready as this was two hours earlier than we expected.

Room Tip: North tower and high
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny M
XanaduManager, Owner at Xanadu Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2014

Hi Jenny M thank you for the flattering review of your stay at Xanadu. It was nice to receive your positive review and we're pleased you enjoyed yourselves. It's always a pleasure to see our regular guests writing reviews and helping maintain our strong online reputation. We look forward to seeing you again one day and please don't forget to book direct for best room selection and available rates.

Thanks again and regards
Duncan Manderson.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have reservations about writing this review, but I guess to be fair to others I have to be honest and tell the truth.

It saddens me to say that this place is fantastic. It saddens me because yes- I was sceptical of all the positive reviews (not one negative review when I booked) on Trip Advisor, and I thought it couldn’t possibly be that good. Surely there’s something dodgy going on with the reviews.

Now I’m just contributing to the competition for when I want to rebook, because yes… it is that good.

I mean seriously, I have had to think long and hard to think of one solitary criticism of the place and I’m struggling. You know what I got? The toilet paper. It doesn’t tear all the way across neatly because the perforations aren’t entirely the width of the paper. It’s soft, it’s plentiful, but it just doesn’t tear all the way across.

Shame on you Xanadu. Shame shame shame.

Other than that, our stay with our 3yo daughter was terrific. I initially had doubts because all the other ‘kid friendly’ places have waterslides etc, but seriously… if you are getting the theme park passes, the kids will have plenty of that type of stuff there. At Xanadu, it’s slow down time. Sure, there’s two pools and games room, but the beach is RIGHT THERE. The other “kid friendly places” are further from the beach, and to get to the beach you need to cross the Hwy. Nightmare.

- Spotlessly clean and well maintained amenities.
- The pool was glistening clean, not over chlorinated.
- The bbq facilities are modern and again… spotless clean.
- The apartments are huge, clean, modern, QUIET.
- The beds are comfy, the pillows are just right.
- Even the elevators are perfect. Super quick and attentive to all your button presses. No waiting.
- Secure underground car park with nice wide bays- not the usual “cram in as many spaces as possible” frustration.

The beach is literally across the road. And that road isn’t the Gold Coast Hwy where you might die waiting to cross from all the traffic. It’s a quieter road, and there’s a convenient crossing right where you want it.

On the same block about 50m away there’s a café (breakfasts are nice!), convenience store (milk and bread combo $5, cheap icecreams), and Subway (what's not to love :)).
300m north on the beach, there’s the surf club. Reasonably priced and family friendly. Book early so you can get a window seat to the beach. Next door to that is a nice takeaway.

I can now see why Xanadu won 2nd place in all accommodation on Trip Advisor.
I love you Xanadu. Cant wait to come back.

I just hope I can get a booking when I want it.
Maybe no one reads Trip Advisor and I’ll be safe?

Just in case- don’t stay here people. It’s bad mmmk. Seriously, go elsewhere. That should do it ;).

Room Tip: Room choice wise you cant go wrong. North tower overlooks caravan park and beach, and east tower has commanding beach views. I prefer North because you can sticky beak over the pool and caravan park, but East is positioned a little closer to the shoreline, so you’d probably have better views of the actual beach because you can clear the tree line. But seriously, you’ll love either. We were on level 15 and loved it. Could have even gone a few floors lower, but views wise… wow.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank c_ili7
XanaduManager, Owner at Xanadu Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Hi c_ili7 thank you for your very flattering review of your stay at Xanadu. The team has enjoyed readying your review and we all enjoyed your comments. Although you are very generous with your compliments we are very critical and always trying to find new ways to squeeze more value into your dollar and doing what we can to make your stay more enjoyable (including easy tear loo paper).

Last year we have replaced beds, carpet, furniture, many TVs, music systems, art and Wi-Fi so I'm pleased you noticed most of them. This year we're introducing electronic safes, more amenities, new appliances, more furniture, beach towels and modernising bathrooms so I hope you'll notice these improvements during your next stay.

Thank you once again for your stunning review and please contact us directly the next time you are planning a visit to the Gold Coast.

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

staffs: friendly, grt sense of humour and ready to help

rooms: spacious, clean, all utilities available and modern

views: floor 21, excellent for the beach and looking towards marina mirage

hotel facilities: too many to use when you are on a short trip

verdict: best part of our trip was at xanadu and glad to say we have a home in gold coast

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank talish01
XanaduManager, Owner at Xanadu Holiday Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Hi Talish01, we loved your review thank you! I'm pleased we could deliver an apartment and resort that exceeded your expectations. Our units are large and clean and perfectly suited to a family beach holiday. It's very flattering to think we have your Gold Coast home here for your next visit.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Duncan Manderson.

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

We paid for a superior 2 bedroom apartment. Which on there website states guarantied high floor.. When we arrived we were put on level 11. I wasn't happy as the resort is 24 floors high.... We called reception and got a strong attitude from the lady at reception stressing that 11 was a high floor...I did not agree.. After arguing that we paid extra for a high floor... She eventually moved us to level 17.... It should never have got to this and it should have been a high floor from the beginning.... But overall the resort was good!!!! I would like to hear from management about this issue.....

Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank draz2000

Hi Draz2000, I'm sorry you didn't have the best start to your stay with us and the individual involved now has a better understanding of what you wanted on the day. There was some confusion with your special requests and the team did their best to meet everything you requested. Unfortunately they didn't realise the high floor was your most important priority. Our superior units are between level 10 and 24 to suit everyone's preferences. I'm glad to hear you got a high floor and a unit that suited you.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

We stayed for one week and loved it. Our apartment on the 21st floor of the north tower was clean, spacious and had an amazing view of the ocean. The grounds and facilities were well maintained and both pools were clean and never too busy. We also got to use the tennis courts and availability was never an issue. The staff at reception were incredibly helpful. Thanks for the stay, we will hopefully be back later this year.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kristy C

Hi Kristy Czech, thanks for the fantastic review online and thank you for noticing the clean and we'll maintained facilities. We are very focused on those items and put a lot of effort into them. Cleaning is a big thing for us and we're all very passionate about it. Thank you for mentioning the staff service and attitude, they work hard to do everything they can.

Please book with us directly for your room preferences and best available rates.