“Best for Breakfast”

Il Barocco
Ranked #20 of 76 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Casual dining that dares to be different within a contemporary and classical, elegant and informal setting. Il Barocco Restaurant presents an expose of fresh Australian produce and flavours boasting a full buffet breakfast and a lavish seafood buffet seven nights a week. An a la carte menu is available for lunch from Monday to Saturday and a seafood buffet offering on Sunday afternoon.
Reviewed 15 April 2014

You can't fault the breakfast, wonderful food , wonderful location. Dinner though not so much. Firstly you must tell them you don't want the seafood option or you will be charged for it. I wasn't aware there was a seafood option so didn't know I had to say anything and as a vegetarian this was quiet the waste. Also the vegetarian options were really really small. They need to think a bit more about not including meat in every salad and pasta, you really don't need to and so it cut down the selection for me even more. The staff are great and helpful can't fault the service.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was looking forward to this buffet for a few weeks, we turned up for our reservation and the atmosphere was lovely, a live band playing in the Palazzo lobby which backs on to the Il Barocco restaurant, we were lucky to be seated away from the main buffet. The table setting and layout was lovely. We had a great selection of food to chose from and the seafood options were great, the salads were spectacular but the fresh bugs, oysters, crab, prawns were amazing. The hot food options were lacking I would have though considering they have a non-seafood option they would provide customers with a bit more of a selection of hot foods. The dessert bar was by far the best, heaps to chose from and left you feeling content! The service on the other hand was lacking, there is an optional $35 drinks package but you barely get your $35 worth as it took about 15 minutes from each drink order even though the restaurant was not full. The lack of table service really bugged me, for simple things like clearing the plates and refilling our water glasses it would take 15-20 mins at a time. I ordered a drink and had to wait 25 mins was not happy. Overall it was a nice experience but I think I will try other seafood buffets before rushing back.

2  Thank ehogg87
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Dined in this restaurant twice during my recent overnight stay at the Hotel.
The first night we had the buffet which was superb. Delicious fresh seafood, beautiful hot food selection and amazing desserts.

Breakfast buffet was just as good the next morning.

Well recommended and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Ed V
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Just an opulent pleasure, 6 STAR SERVICE, wonderful selection and casual but attentive service. I take my hat off, really enjoyed the experience, as did my colleagues. Thank you.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Went to the smorgasboard last night, paid $84 per person and was disappointed. I found the service lacking, I had to ask for a drink three times, ask for the plates to be removed twice and it seemed that I had to ask for everything. All I can say the staff were ordinary.
The choice of food was average, the roasts were limited, the seafood okay but then again limited, w had to wait 15 minutes for the chef to slice 3 pieces of bread because the bread knife was where the bread was. Overall, a disappointing experience when you cinsider across the road is competation far superior to what I experienced lat night.