“Fantastic Staff and Exquisite Food”
Review of Il Barocco

Il Barocco
Ranked #22 of 76 Restaurants in Main Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Casual dining that dares to be different within a contemporary and classical, elegant and informal setting. Il Barocco Restaurant presents an expose of fresh Australian produce and flavours boasting a lavish seafood buffet 7 nights and a Sunday lunch.
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I would like to thank Raj, Maggie, Rio, Monica, Carmen and Tim for making our dinning experience memorable. Their cheerful smile, kind words and professional attitude was a delight and we are looking forward to seeing them again on our next stay at the Palazzo Versace.

1  Thank Nivine Y

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The service was mostly just pouring water in our glasses. There was list of available teas. The sandwiches had been made for some time and were a bit soggy inside but the bread had had time to crust on the outside. The sweets were ok. The empty tiers were left on the table while we conversed around them. We were not offered milk with our tea, nor top ups of our tea or sandwiches. Over all underwhelmed

Reviewed 15 April 2014

You can't fault the breakfast, wonderful food , wonderful location. Dinner though not so much. Firstly you must tell them you don't want the seafood option or you will be charged for it. I wasn't aware there was a seafood option so didn't know I had to say anything and as a vegetarian this was quiet the waste. Also the vegetarian options were really really small. They need to think a bit more about not including meat in every salad and pasta, you really don't need to and so it cut down the selection for me even more. The staff are great and helpful can't fault the service.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was looking forward to this buffet for a few weeks, we turned up for our reservation and the atmosphere was lovely, a live band playing in the Palazzo lobby which backs on to the Il Barocco restaurant, we were lucky to be seated away from the main buffet. The table setting and layout was lovely. We had a great selection of food to chose from and the seafood options were great, the salads were spectacular but the fresh bugs, oysters, crab, prawns were amazing. The hot food options were lacking I would have though considering they have a non-seafood option they would provide customers with a bit more of a selection of hot foods. The dessert bar was by far the best, heaps to chose from and left you feeling content! The service on the other hand was lacking, there is an optional $35 drinks package but you barely get your $35 worth as it took about 15 minutes from each drink order even though the restaurant was not full. The lack of table service really bugged me, for simple things like clearing the plates and refilling our water glasses it would take 15-20 mins at a time. I ordered a drink and had to wait 25 mins was not happy. Overall it was a nice experience but I think I will try other seafood buffets before rushing back.

2  Thank ehogg87
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Dined in this restaurant twice during my recent overnight stay at the Hotel.
The first night we had the buffet which was superb. Delicious fresh seafood, beautiful hot food selection and amazing desserts.

Breakfast buffet was just as good the next morning.

Well recommended and you won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Ed V