“Good feed”

Hog's Breath Cafe
Ranked #36 of 76 Restaurants in Main Beach
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Hogs Breath Cafe is home to the famous 18hr slow cooked Prime Rib steaks. We do not only great steaks, but huge ribs, massive burgers, fresh salads, and delicious desserts.
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We saw hogs breath on our way back from sea world and decided to head there the following day for dinner. It was much like any other hogs breath. A good feed with big portion size, however being quite pricey. They had good, quick service and friendly staff, my only complaint being our server needed deodorant, especially if they wish to sit at the customers table while we are ordering. In all the good food, good service and nice atmosphere just stay aware about price so there is no bill shock.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We spotted this hogsta on the way to seaworld, and as frequent diners had to give it a go.

We phoned to make a dinner reservation and the only time we could get a table was after 7. It is in a very popular location so to avoid disappointment do make a dinner reservation in advance.

Now onto why I was disappointed....

I ordered a light cut of the prime rib with garlic prawns, minimal sauce was served on the steak and prawns which is always a disappointment when you have to ask for more but what really let this meal down was my steak, I ordered it medium rare and the most inconsistently cooked piece of steak arrived on my plate, it varied from rare to well done, it was so awful I cut it up into pieces while my partner enjoyed his burger and sorted the cooking variants of the steak.

The waiter we had sucked we didn't see him and had to ask a girl who was clearing tables over to complain about my meal.

The manager who was on is gorgeous and takes pride in the
business, the refund and apology we received will see us returning to this place, his honesty was also appreciated to why the steak was so badly cooked.

You will be looked after at this venue if they stuff your meal up so even though I was disappointed I do recommend you give this place a go

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Same as any other hogs breath, it does what it says on the tin! Ok for a value for money meal but not some where for a special occasion

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Home to not only the best steaks in town but the best service too. Nothing was too much trouble for our waiters. The activities for kids kept them occupied allowing the adults to catch up. I highly recommend the prime rib steak. Yummo!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Excellent service, love the idea of kids eating for free when on holidays. Have to book for a table though.